Quantcast
Global Hardware Sales 30 December 2017

Forums - Latest Charts - Global Hardware Sales 30 December 2017

zorg1000 said:
Switch numbers seem much too low in Europe/RotW.

NPD has Switch as 4.88 million. We know Canada was over 200k in Sept and had a very strong holiday so when factoring in Canada+Latin America than Americas should be a minimum of 5.3 million.

Media Create has Switch over 3.3 million.


Americas+Japan is over 8.6 million which would put what Nintendo calls Others at 3.6 million.

Every shipment & sales update from Nintendo has Others right in the middle of Japan & Americas so it being just 300k over Japan and 1.7 million behind Americas doesnt seem right.

numbers seem close i would put switch at 12.4 sold. nintendo said 10 milion by December 10, switch sold 1.5 million in december, it had 14 days of tracking before the 10 million announcement , then it has another 14 days holiday shopping is over, is assuming in those 14 days it sold around 600k which is low number because it includes cyber monday, that leaves 900k in US, 650K, 700 in europe rest of the world 200k for those 14 days.



Around the Network

Many years down the road, people will look at the Japanese sales for Switch this week with pure awe XD



Alkibiádēs said:
I doubt the difference in North America is that small between PS4 and Switch. According to NPD the Switch sold 50% more consoles in the USA during the month of December.

lol it sold 29% more then ps4.



quickrick said:
Alkibiádēs said:
I doubt the difference in North America is that small between PS4 and Switch. According to NPD the Switch sold 50% more consoles in the USA during the month of December.

lol it sold. 29% more then ps4.

Sounds like a question of maths.

The PS4 sold 28% less than Switch.
Switch sold 39% more than the PS4.

Which of the two statements is correct?



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

RolStoppable said:
quickrick said:

lol it sold. 29% more then ps4.

Sounds like a question of maths.

The PS4 sold 28% less than Switch.
Switch sold 39% more than the PS4.

Which of the two statements is correct?

39% is correct. but its not 50%. they are both both correct.



Around the Network
quickrick said:

39% is correct. but its not 50%.

So the conclusion is that both of you were wrong. The real value is 39% and not 29% or 50%.

Just in case that anyone has doubts, both of the statements in my previous post are correct.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

i now they are both correct see my edit 1 second before you posted.



trunkswd said:
JSG87 said:

I think he meant the way you worded it but I wasn't giving anyone grief either. I was just pointing out there was a mistake as was said above and I had no idea it was being corrected.

Adjustment for Japan is done. Just hasn't been updated on the front page yet. New figure we have is 136,983 units.

Edit: I do appreciate people pointing out where our figures differ from official numbers, NPD, Media Create, etc. 

I'm sorry, but your numbers are fake as hell. Why are you even doing this? I mean, there's a lot of fake numbers on this site. What the heck is this Xenosaga sales, for example? http://www.vgchartz.com/game/4756/xenosaga-episode-i-der-wille-zur-macht/Japan/ The game didn't even released in Europe, LOL, but you have european sales at 490,000. WHAT? And there's a lot of situations like that. I used to read this site a lot, but it becomes clear that you don't have any data at all. It's like you're looking at the "crystal ball" and repeat with mistakes and fake info.

Switch sales: "Japan accounts for 25% of Switch hardware sales, Nintendo says"

So Switch sales are at ~13,2 million by 12/31 at very least (and shipped like 15,000,000 - soon we'll see it). But even with that info from the open sources you "counted" only 12 million. Console launched in Asia, sold more that 100K in Korea alone in december. VGC estimates doesn't make any sense :(

Modded by Axum

Last edited by axumblade - on 25 January 2018

quickrick said:
zorg1000 said:
Switch numbers seem much too low in Europe/RotW.

NPD has Switch as 4.88 million. We know Canada was over 200k in Sept and had a very strong holiday so when factoring in Canada+Latin America than Americas should be a minimum of 5.3 million.

Media Create has Switch over 3.3 million.


Americas+Japan is over 8.6 million which would put what Nintendo calls Others at 3.6 million.

Every shipment & sales update from Nintendo has Others right in the middle of Japan & Americas so it being just 300k over Japan and 1.7 million behind Americas doesnt seem right.

numbers seem close i would put switch at 12.4 sold. nintendo said 10 milion by December 10, switch sold 1.5 million in december, it had 14 days of tracking before the 10 million announcement , then it has another 14 days holiday shopping is over, is assuming in those 14 days it sold around 600k which is low number because it includes cyber monday, that leaves 900k in US, 650K, 700 in europe rest of the world 200k for those 14 days.

Switch sales: "Japan accounts for 25% of Switch hardware sales, Nintendo says"

Do your math.



Meret said:
trunkswd said:

Adjustment for Japan is done. Just hasn't been updated on the front page yet. New figure we have is 136,983 units.

Edit: I do appreciate people pointing out where our figures differ from official numbers, NPD, Media Create, etc. 

I'm sorry, but your numbers are fake as hell. Why are you even doing this? I mean, there's a lot of fake numbers of this site. What the heck is this Xenosaga sales, for example? http://www.vgchartz.com/game/4756/xenosaga-episode-i-der-wille-zur-macht/Japan/ The game didn't even released in Europe, LOL, but you have european sales at 460,000. WHAT? And there's a lot of situations like that. I used to read this site a lot, but it becomes clear that you don't have any data at all. It's like you're looking at the "crystal ball" and repeat with mistakes and fake info.

Switch sales: "Japan accounts for 25% of Switch hardware sales, Nintendo says"

So Switch sales are at ~13,2 million by 12/31 at very least (and shipped like 15,000,000 - soon we'll see it). But even with that info from the open sources you "counted" only 12 million. Console launched in Asia, sold more that 100K in Korea alone in december. VGC estimates doesn't make any sense :(

Dude chill. It's a free site with a lot of people working hard to provide numbers. When ninteno themselves release numbers I'm sure they will bring them in line.