Quantcast
Most DISSAPOINTING Nintendo games?

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Most DISSAPOINTING Nintendo games?

Finale said:
Skyward sword is the worst game nintendo ever published and i'm gonna believe this until my last day(or something worse appears).

You are quite delusional.



Around the Network
mZuzek said:
Finale said:
Skyward sword is the worst game nintendo ever published and i'm gonna believe this until my last day(or something worse appears).

You are quite delusional.

You're right, Wii Music is even worse.



Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

 

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Urban Champion!

When I saw the title of that game, I knew it must be THE MOST KICKASS GAME IN THE UNIVERSE! 

Then I played it, and it was just a simple fighter. No multiplayer. The game took a mere 20 minutes to finish. There were only TWO moves... a punch to the jaw and a kick to the nuts.



I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:

Urban Champion!

When I saw the title of that game, I knew it must be THE MOST KICKASS GAME IN THE UNIVERSE! 

Then I played it, and it was just a simple fighter. No multiplayer. The game took a mere 20 minutes to finish. There were only TWO moves... a punch to the jaw and a kick to the nuts.

 

Well, there is 2P multiplayer, and there are total of moves; weak and strong punch on a face and weak and strong punch on stomach.

But it does kick ass.



Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

 

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

curl-6 said:

Wind Waker

Majora's Mask

Mario Sunshine

Starfox Adventures

Starfox Zero

Metroid Other M

All are not only disappointing but also legitimately bad games

Throw in Skyward Sword and I'll know you're after my heart.

Do Fire Emblem/SMT crossover game and Fire Emblem Warriors count?

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze - I don't see what all the fuss is about.  Aside from TF having usable controls, DKC Returns is better.

Super Mario 3D World - Either I'm getting too old for Mario, or this game lacked variety and got mundane really quick.  

Xenoblade 2 - I've never seen a sequel fall so much in quality in nearly every regard and still be beloved by it's fans.

Super Paper Mario, Sticker Star and Color Splash - No, no and no.



"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Around the Network

I'd say Yoshi's Story on N64.
Yoshi's Island was, and still is, a sublime 2D platformer, one of the greatest in the genre. And it was followed up by this? Yuck!
At the time of release I was expecting a similar experience and worthy successor. Screen shots looked super nice too. Poor reviews at the time, and even worse when it was re-released for Wii on VC. And I'll never forgive Nintendo for giving Yoshi the voice of a screaming human baby. His 'voice' was great the way it was in SMW.



IkePoR said:

Super Mario 3D World - Either I'm getting too old for Mario, or this game lacked variety and got mundane really quick.  

You;'re not alone; while I did find it polished and fun, 3D World was a disappointment to me. It just lacked the brilliance I expect from a mainline 3D Mario.

mjo011 said:
I'd say Yoshi's Story on N64.
Yoshi's Island was, and still is, a sublime 2D platformer, one of the greatest in the genre. And it was followed up by this? Yuck!
At the time of release I was expecting a similar experience and worthy successor. Screen shots looked super nice too. Poor reviews at the time, and even worse when it was re-released for Wii on VC. And I'll never forgive Nintendo for giving Yoshi the voice of a screaming human baby. His 'voice' was great the way it was in SMW.

Yep. The voice still grinds my gears. That plus the aimless, uninspired level design made it such a letdown.

captain carot said:
curl-6 said:

Since Majora is built entirely around the 3-day system, this system being tedious and annoying effectively kills the experience for me, just as building a house on a weak foundation will collapse the whole structure.

And I clearly outlined flaws in Wind Waker behind despising the art style; sailing was painfully boring, the dungeons were below the series standard, and having to grind rupees for hours to complete the Triforce shard fetch quest was not only mind-numbingly tedious but also a blatant and shameless attempt to pad out the game's length.

I'd mostly agree here but still call them bad games. I think one should be able to recognize qualities even if one dislikes the game.

Basically that's my big problem with Star Fox Zero, i see to few qualities at all with way to big flaws. Wind Waker and Majoras Mask are two different stories though. Both games have their qualities and a relatively high standard, even if there's stuff that i really dislike.

But everyone should be free to have an own opinion

Wind Waker and Majora do have their positive qualities, (WW's music, Majora's graphics by N64 standards) I just feel that the negatives outweighed the good.



Of the ones I played,

Wind Waker

Metroid Prime 2

Yoshi's Island 2 DS

Super Mario 3D World

Nintendo Land



mZuzek said:
Finale said:
Skyward sword is the worst game nintendo ever published and i'm gonna believe this until my last day(or something worse appears).

You are quite delusional.

Seems like my list of dissapointing games is not the only jarring one. lol

curl-6 said:

I should state for the record that when I call them "legitimately bad games", an "IMHO" is implied. 

There is no truly objective measure of a game's quality so good/bad will always be a matter of opinion.

Yeah, i think that a game that is so broken that it's (almost) unplayable (E.T.'s, Ride to Hell's) can objectively be considered bad. Most if not all Nintendo games that i'm aware of aren't anywhere near that level of quality but then again there will always be some people who will defend broken games and actually enjoy them.



Anyone who doesn't say the 3ds pokemon games are simply wrong.

I enjoyed X/Y and didn't want the next coming of Jesus, but the other games have been the definition of lackluster. People get on EA for not changing their games, but what revolutionary ideas came from Sun/Moon, ORAS, and US/UM? Game Freak needs to get out of 2004 and make the Pokemon games console level now - there isn't any excuse.