Quantcast
Nintendo power podcast

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo power podcast

Hi all

 

Nintendo has just released their first official podcast, its called Nintendo power podcast. The first episode is about Breath of the whiled and its awesome. 

this is so cool that they would bring back Nintendo power in this modern format. It’s available on Apple podcast app, I don’t have android so not sure about that sorry.

Enjoy 



Around the Network

I wish they'd bring back the physical magazine.



AlfredoTurkey said:
I wish they'd bring back the physical magazine.

Agreed.  

Interestingly, I've found that I want paper magazines more and more as time goes by.  The same content delivered digitally just doesn't give me the same satisfaction.  



AlfredoTurkey said:
I wish they'd bring back the physical magazine.

http://www.nintendoforcemagazine.com/

 

It exists. NF started after NP ended by former NP writers and people of Destructoid.



VAMatt said:
AlfredoTurkey said:
I wish they'd bring back the physical magazine.

Agreed.  

Interestingly, I've found that I want paper magazines more and more as time goes by.  The same content delivered digitally just doesn't give me the same satisfaction.  

I feel exactly as you do. 

When digital first started to become a thing with Napster, I was all onboard. iPods seemed revolutionary, Kindles were the future and digital downloads (small arcade games) on consoles were astoundingly cool. But as time moved on, I really started to find the payoff to be less and less. Now I'm struggling to buy or use any digital media at all. It all just feels so soulless now. 

SegataSanshiro said:
AlfredoTurkey said:
I wish they'd bring back the physical magazine.

http://www.nintendoforcemagazine.com/

 

It exists. NF started after NP ended by former NP writers and people of Destructoid.

Thanks! Have you read any issues? How does it stack up?



Around the Network
AlfredoTurkey said:
VAMatt said:

Agreed.  

Interestingly, I've found that I want paper magazines more and more as time goes by.  The same content delivered digitally just doesn't give me the same satisfaction.  

I feel exactly as you do. 

When digital first started to become a thing with Napster, I was all onboard. iPods seemed revolutionary, Kindles were the future and digital downloads (small arcade games) on consoles were astoundingly cool. But as time moved on, I really started to find the payoff to be less and less. Now I'm struggling to buy or use any digital media at all. It all just feels so soulless now. 

SegataSanshiro said:

http://www.nintendoforcemagazine.com/

 

It exists. NF started after NP ended by former NP writers and people of Destructoid.

Thanks! Have you read any issues? How does it stack up?

I have all the issues. It's pretty good and kept the spirit of NP alive. omes with a poster every issue.



Does anyone have a link for PC users.
Do we think this means the Switch is getting a podcast app soon?



AlfredoTurkey said:
VAMatt said:

Agreed.  

Interestingly, I've found that I want paper magazines more and more as time goes by.  The same content delivered digitally just doesn't give me the same satisfaction.  

I feel exactly as you do. 

When digital first started to become a thing with Napster, I was all onboard. iPods seemed revolutionary, Kindles were the future and digital downloads (small arcade games) on consoles were astoundingly cool. But as time moved on, I really started to find the payoff to be less and less. Now I'm struggling to buy or use any digital media at all. It all just feels so soulless now. 

SegataSanshiro said:

http://www.nintendoforcemagazine.com/

 

It exists. NF started after NP ended by former NP writers and people of Destructoid.

Thanks! Have you read any issues? How does it stack up?

 

Back in the 90s people were saying the exact same thing - except digital referred to CDs, laser disks, and DVDs (a bit later). It was all about preserving vinyl, and to a lesser extent, tape.

Personally, for me, as someone who reads a ton and listens to tons of music; I couldn’t imagine doing the physical media thing anymore. I’m usually on the go, I’m reading tons of different websites, a lot of different novels to fit what I am currently in the mood for, and I love listening to music. If I had to limit myself to what I carry around, magazines instead of websites, catalogues instead of amazon/online stores, big bulky books instead of snooks, and flipping around vinyl records all the time... I think I wouldn’t be able to function. While I am a child of the 80s, I’m very much a man of the 21st century... as a child of the 80s and its narcissism, I turned around this conversation and made it all about me :P



I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Listening to it right now, and I'm quite enjoying it so far. :)

caffeinade said:
Does anyone have a link for PC users.
Do we think this means the Switch is getting a podcast app soon?

Here's one.



Some days I just blow up.

That's very cool :)

For those interested in that sort of thing, I'd recommend looking up Nintendo Force... it's a superb fan magazine that's essentially a "spiritual successor" to Nintendo Power with a number of affordable subscription options if you're looking to support it.

I only recently learned of it from Arlo (the guy on youtube who looks like Cookie Monster) who is now a full-time writer for it, and it looks awesome.

http://www.nintendoforcemagazine.com/product/issue-28-the-element-of-surprise-julyaugust-2017/