Quantcast
Opinion: Nintendo Switch will still FAIL

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Opinion: Nintendo Switch will still FAIL

Will the Switch fail just like the WII U?

Yes; without a strong 3rd party support 35 19.44%
 
No; Switch does not need 3rd party support 76 42.22%
 
Other 53 29.44%
 
See Poll Results 16 8.89%
 
Total:180

I'm unsure how or why someone would create a thread proclaiming failure without defining what they class as a failure. It's a very nondescript proclamation of doom.

Switch is guaranteed not to be a failure already. Anyone predicting under 50m by now should be ignored.

70m+ isn't just possible, it's probable, and that is no failure.




Predictions (Made July 2019)

LTD: PS4 - 130m, Switch - 110m, XBO - 52m       2019 : PS4 - 15m, Switch - 18.8m, XBO - 4.8m        2020: Switch - 22m (Peak Year)


Around the Network

My god, the level of denial here is just incredible.There is one here that thinks Nintendo is shit, so Nintendo will do shit.Other is blatantly crazy and quoting himself instead of quoting the others and thinking that official data is irrelevant or something of the sort.

Its fun to poke at other companies and all, but there is a limit to everything.Not saying that the Switch will sell a bazillion units or something of the sort, but even if you dont like the company, cant you just not acknoledge that it is doing well and move on?In the end its all about gaming.

Jeez.



mZuzek said:
SpokenTruth said:

What the hell just happened?  Did he just out himself using an alt account and used the wrong one?

I think he means to laugh at you for sharing a survey sent through e-mails suggesting adults are more interested in the Switch than kids, because kids don't read e-mails. Still, it makes no sense because the survey does ask the age and gender of "the person in your household with most desire" to buy one, which could very well be kids.

Yes....it does make no sense because only 11 percent actually took the survey...when the other 89 percent didn't. (How many 15 and younger kids do you know who take surveys). Experience eyes tell me 11 percent of the people taking the survey are no where near the accurate representation of rest of the group in fact. Hence the reason they mention it on the chart....AS A DISCLAIMER! hahahahahaha



squibbfire said:
mZuzek said:

I think he means to laugh at you for sharing a survey sent through e-mails suggesting adults are more interested in the Switch than kids, because kids don't read e-mails. Still, it makes no sense because the survey does ask the age and gender of "the person in your household with most desire" to buy one, which could very well be kids.

Yes....it does make no sense because only 11 percent actually took the survey...when the other 89 percent didn't. (How many 15 and younger kids do you know who take surveys). Experience eyes tell me 11 percent of the people taking the survey are no where near the accurate representation of rest of the group in fact. Hence the reason they mention it on the chart....AS A DISCLAIMER! hahahahahaha

The survey asked the ages of the person that most desired the Switch, not the age of the survey taker.  If you don't understand what it is asking, just say so.



Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."

squibbfire said:
Platina said:

You may have said it somewhere, but I probably just missed it

How much do you think the Switch will sell LT?

 

Just purely out of curiosity, I won't argue with your predictions

It's too early for LT sales talk. I won't get that feel for another few months...I predicted that it would sell maybe 10- 12 by new years day 2018 and that's only because the gaming market is larger now then it was in 2012(wii U release)....I'm happy that its getting a good install base...but library needs to improve. I still feel that there is a 50-60 million or more world wide demand for gaming systems $220 and below that hasn't been filled yet and I don't see Nintendo's place there yet especially if the price of a ps4 and xbox1 comes down. I just don't see the appeal of Nintendo to the hardcore or casual gaming community just yet. Maybe more towards mobile..but that's a different bag of cats.

I haven't seen a lot of in-person hype at any gamestop, bestbuy, resale stores, Walmarts or other forums besides here. When I see no in-store hype i'm talking about multiple store across multiple cities multiple times of the month in cities like Chicago Indy Vegas, Detroit, Orlando. So if you think i'm just going down the street to my local gamestop and coming back an expert...sorry you are mistaken.   Most of the time the guys in the stores when asked about the switch are like..."yeah a lot of moms are buying them for their younger kids...and maybe a couple of hardcore NES fans"  But most people want to put 200 bucks towards a hand full of new ps4 games or xbox x. By this summer...well see what the resale prices are on the switches...that will tell you more then you would think.   Resale is where I knew the Wii U was gonna die to the week...the interest in used systems plummeted and after that you could tell by the way people talked casually in game stores of what was going down.

So LT <50M?



 - Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread -
 

   NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]
 

          

 

 

Here lies the hidden threads. 

 | |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network
Nautilus said:
My god, the level of denial here is just incredible.There is one here that thinks Nintendo is shit, so Nintendo will do shit.Other is blatantly crazy and quoting himself instead of quoting the others and thinking that official data is irrelevant or something of the sort.

Its fun to poke at other companies and all, but there is a limit to everything.Not saying that the Switch will sell a bazillion units or something of the sort, but even if you dont like the company, cant you just not acknoledge that it is doing well and move on? In the end its all about gaming.

You're asking for common sense. I hope you realize how demanding that is.



trump 2020....get ready



mZuzek said:
Nautilus said:
My god, the level of denial here is just incredible.There is one here that thinks Nintendo is shit, so Nintendo will do shit.Other is blatantly crazy and quoting himself instead of quoting the others and thinking that official data is irrelevant or something of the sort.

Its fun to poke at other companies and all, but there is a limit to everything.Not saying that the Switch will sell a bazillion units or something of the sort, but even if you dont like the company, cant you just not acknoledge that it is doing well and move on? In the end its all about gaming.

You're asking for common sense. I hope you realize how demanding that is.

Unfortunely



It will succeed, the concept is excellent, and 3rd party publishers will port more games when the user base is larger, and to reach this prerequisite current 1st and 3rd party support looks sufficient, judging from sales and even more demand exceeding them.
It could have not strong legs in the long term though, as main RAM size is enough, but just that, and thanks also to a lightweight OS that won't likely get much smaller with future refinements, for streamlined versions of current home console and PC games, but when 9th gen games will start using the larger RAM competing 9th gen consoles and contemporary PCs will offer, NS RAM will start making ports from other platforms more and more difficult.



Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")

A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.

TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!

        

Success for me - better than the previous console generations, 3DS level of total unit sales would be great.
it will surely succeed in Japan. in N/A and Europe, still to be seen due to what big AAA games would the Switch has besides Smash, Pokemon and others. I believe Switch lite and/or XL/pro would be released to ensure existing owners would buy another Switch.