Quantcast
Xenoblade 2 is a Great Yardstick for Switch Software Potential! (UPDATED 12-27)

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade 2 is a Great Yardstick for Switch Software Potential! (UPDATED 12-27)

Tagged games:

Peh said:
So, while waiting for the game arriving by tomorrow, do you think that we will see another xenoblade on the Switch? I think that could be possible.

I believe we are gonna see another xeno game,but maybe not a xenoblade. They were hiring staff for a new fantasy title.it would be interesting if it was something more close to the dark tones of xenogears,i think(not that i don't love xenoblade too) 



Around the Network
Stefan.De.Machtige said:

Given its style, it might appeal more in Japan. But i'll be impressed if the game sells >2 million worldwide.

I did my part at least. It should arrive by post on launch day .

Xenoblade always appealed more to the west.The first one and X sold about 3 or 4 times more in the US compared to Japan.



Nautilus said:
Stefan.De.Machtige said:

Given its style, it might appeal more in Japan. But i'll be impressed if the game sells >2 million worldwide.

I did my part at least. It should arrive by post on launch day .

Xenoblade always appealed more to the west.The first one and X sold about 3 or 4 times more in the US compared to Japan.

I know. My point was that Nintendo might get a bigger share in Japan with the newer anime style.



In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Stefan.De.Machtige said:
Nautilus said:

Xenoblade always appealed more to the west.The first one and X sold about 3 or 4 times more in the US compared to Japan.

I know. My point was that Nintendo might get a bigger share in Japan with the newer anime style.

Oh, thats definelly possible.



There's a difference. Of the 2.3 million Wii U owners, most of them likely didn't play anymore. I know Xenoblade Chronicles X got me to take out my Wii U for the first time since Earthbound. But for me in particular, I am a gigantic fan of the Xeno franchise and Takahashi's work.

Switch is currently red hot. So the active purchasing base is likely much higher.



I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network
Jumpin said:

There's a difference. Of the 2.3 million Wii U owners, most of them likely didn't play anymore. I know Xenoblade Chronicles X got me to take out my Wii U for the first time since Earthbound. But for me in particular, I am a gigantic fan of the Xeno franchise and Takahashi's work.

Switch is currently red hot. So the active purchasing base is likely much higher.

I think this will help series like Xenoblade, Fire Emblem, and others. Having games from small (or not as well-known) series released within the early years of a hot-selling console can give them an advantage. It worked for Awakening when the 3DS was starting to roll after a slow start (along with being the most accessible game in the series).



Peh said:
So, while waiting for the game arriving by tomorrow, do you think that we will see another xenoblade on the Switch? I think that could be possible.

I'm sure we'll get another Monolith game, at the very least. I also think it's possible that we'll see another developer brought on to port XCX to the Switch. Even Monolith's President likes the idea. 



Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: The Setup! Game Room and Capture Studio Tour - Special Features, Episode 6

StuOhQ said:
Peh said:
So, while waiting for the game arriving by tomorrow, do you think that we will see another xenoblade on the Switch? I think that could be possible.

I'm sure we'll get another Monolith game, at the very least. I also think it's possible that we'll see another developer brought on to port XCX to the Switch. Even Monolith's President likes the idea. 

I would love a port of 1 and X. One, just update the character models, but otherwise just upping resolution will be fine for rest of game. I mean look at it on Dolphin, it looks great. But the character models could use some more polygons.

As for X, I'm not sure if they do this ever with games, but for that port I would only want it if they basically also make an expansin on it. It basically ended on a cliffhanger. They need to finish that story. The games ending reminds me of like Tales of Symphonias halfway point. You know you spend the whole game trying to save the world by going somewhere and when you do what your supposed to you find out about this whole nother world connected to you and you go there. In X, you spend the whole game trying to find the lifehold and when you finally find it, the game then tosses you a giant plot twist and "the end"  It's pure BS



If it sells 1 million, would it considered a success?



d21lewis said:
But there's so much competition! Not just on the Switch but from other consoles as well. I'm nowhere near finishing Skyrim, Zelda DLC is coming soon, and I haven't even gotten all of the moons in Mario!

Yeah, I gotta say Nintendo really planned out their software drops really well.