Quantcast
Locked: Software Adjustments Announcement

Forums - Website Topics - Software Adjustments Announcement



Thank you so much, you guys. You rock !!!



Around the Network

I can express how grateful I am about you guys!



That's some great news! Glad yo hear that VGC will have more accurate numbers.



As long as no Nintendo games go under the million seller mark and some go over I am happy.



    The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

Oh jesus, that list already hurts my head and it's only one region. Congrats to Boutros, he definitely deserves it, and good luck to all 3 of you! And thanks to Talonman for the hard work



Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Around the Network
Slarvax said:
Oh jesus, that list already hurts my head and it's only one region. Congrats to Boutros, he definitely deserves it, and good luck to all 3 of you! And thanks to Talonman for the hard work

You should give them some Oreos as a sign of appreciation!!



Let me get this right. So Xenoverse 2 was decreased. According to this site it has sold 1.47 million copies after over a year. Despite the fact it shipped 1.6 million off the bat?

Naruto Storm 4 was decreased. It's sold 1.65 million according to this site even though it was just recently recently it's actually now sold 3 million copies.

So when are you gonna bother to fix this? On top of the many incorrect numbers listed on the site even though there's official figures available.

Alt removed -RavenXtra

Last edited by Raven - on 10 November 2017

AllMighto said:
Let me get this right. So Xenoverse 2 was decreased. According to this site it has sold 1.47 million copies after over a year. Despite the fact it shipped 1.6 million off the bat?

Naruto Storm 4 was decreased. It's sold 1.65 million according to this site even though it was just recently recently it's actually now sold 3 million copies.

So when are you gonna bother to fix this? On top of the many incorrect numbers listed on the site even though there's official figures available.

That Xenoverse 2 number might still be too high. VGC tracks sold to consumers, not shipments, so the site's numbers have to always be below official shipments. There's also digital numbers to consider, which are not tracked at all on VGC.

You might be right on Naruto Storm 4. These adjustments were mostly in France though, so we'll have to wait until Machina looks at it in other markets (I would guess the biggest differentiator will be US and/or Japan, but Japan numbers come straight from Media Create and Famitsu... So the US it is)



Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Hey one of the obvious adjustments is the GT sales that we got exact numbers for all games on each region.

And congrats on the efforts.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Slarvax said:
AllMighto said:
Let me get this right. So Xenoverse 2 was decreased. According to this site it has sold 1.47 million copies after over a year. Despite the fact it shipped 1.6 million off the bat?

Naruto Storm 4 was decreased. It's sold 1.65 million according to this site even though it was just recently recently it's actually now sold 3 million copies.

So when are you gonna bother to fix this? On top of the many incorrect numbers listed on the site even though there's official figures available.

That Xenoverse 2 number might still be too high. VGC tracks sold to consumers, not shipments, so the site's numbers have to always be below official shipments. There's also digital numbers to consider, which are not tracked at all on VGC.

You might be right on Naruto Storm 4. These adjustments were mostly in France though, so we'll have to wait until Machina looks at it in other markets (I would guess the biggest differentiator will be US and/or Japan, but Japan numbers come straight from Media Create and Famitsu... So the US it is)

Well what about Xenoverse 1? That was said to have shipped 4 million copies ages ago. This site has it at selling a mere 2.32 million as of the most recent numbers. Even if this site does have to be below, that's probably less than half what it's actually sold.

http://comicbook.com/gaming/2017/11/03/dragon-ball-xenoverse-eight-million-copies-sold-bandai-namco/

According to that they've shipped 8 million copies between Xenoverse 1 and 2. According to this site however both games have sold 3.8 million copies. Again not even half as much.

Ignoring shipments. This site has MGS4 as selling 830,000 copies in Japan. Yet according to actual sales from Media Create which this site does use, it's actually sold 986,000 copies as of at least 2015.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=199030&page=1#

So that's undertracked by at least 150,000. So why has that not been fixed in over 2 and half years even though there's proper figures?