Quantcast
May NoE Switch eShop top sellers of the month goes to Minecraft

Forums - Sales Discussion - May NoE Switch eShop top sellers of the month goes to Minecraft

What a surprise... it's Cuphead this time around.

April 2019
1. Cuphead
2. Super Mario Odyssey
3. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
4. Enter the Gungeon
5. Zelda: Breath of the Wild
6. Final Fantasy VII
7. Rocket League
8. Rayman Legends: Definitive Edition
9. Minecraft
10. FIFA 19
11. Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
12. Overcooked 2
13. Stardew Valley
14. Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen
15. Octopath Traveler

Source



@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

tag "¡Viva la Ñ!" - WRUR

Around the Network

And Skyrim on third spot.



Gameplay > Graphics

Substance > Style

Art Direction > Realism

I'm a bit surprised by the lack of new games on the list other than Cuphead. Weren't the Phoenix Wright trilogy and Hellblade near the top of the eShop weekly chart most of the month? (I live in the US so maybe it's different here)



SW-3707-5131-3911

TomaTito said:

What a surprise... it's Cuphead this time around.

April 2019
1. Cuphead
2. Super Mario Odyssey
3. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
4. Enter the Gungeon
5. Zelda: Breath of the Wild
6. Final Fantasy VII
7. Rocket League
8. Rayman Legends: Definitive Edition
9. Minecraft
10. FIFA 19
11. Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
12. Overcooked 2
13. Stardew Valley
14. Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen
15. Octopath Traveler

Source

Glad to see Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen on that list.  I hope it remains in the top 30 for several months to come.  Number 14 is pretty good considering that it droped later in the month!



Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Octopath Traveler still in the Top 15 ! *little dance*

Kind of impressive to see SMO and BoTW still placing really well in the ranks :O

And of course, the uncontested leader this month ... Cuphead !



Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network
kenjab said:
I'm a bit surprised by the lack of new games on the list other than Cuphead. Weren't the Phoenix Wright trilogy and Hellblade near the top of the eShop weekly chart most of the month? (I live in the US so maybe it's different here)

There was an Easter sale that was running for two weeks with those old games on the list being discounted by 30-60% without exception as far as I can see.

EDIT: Not counting Final Fantasy VII as an old game because it released in March.

Last edited by RolStoppable - on 06 May 2019

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

RolStoppable said:
kenjab said:
I'm a bit surprised by the lack of new games on the list other than Cuphead. Weren't the Phoenix Wright trilogy and Hellblade near the top of the eShop weekly chart most of the month? (I live in the US so maybe it's different here)

There was an Easter sale that was running for two weeks with those old games on the list being discounted by 30-60% without exception as far as I can see.

EDIT: Not counting Final Fantasy VII as an old game because it released in March.

The 60% title LA Noir is not in the top 15, but Rayman Legends did make it (that one was 63%).

Here are the sales around that time: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/04/reminder_nintendo_switch_and_3ds_blockbuster_sale_ends_tomorrow_up_to_60_percent_off_top_games



@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

tag "¡Viva la Ñ!" - WRUR

Microsoft is leading the eShop charts yet again with Minecraft and Cuphead, maybe Ori is soon to follow~
So far Minecraft has taken top position in three of the twenty five months data we have.

May 2019
1. Minecraft
2. Cuphead
3. The Way Remastered
4. SteamWorld Heist: Ultimate Edition
5. SteamWorld Dig
6. Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove
7. Castle of Heart
8. Celeste
9. Stardew Valley
10. Super Mario Maker 2
11. Mana Spark
12. Katana Zero
13. Bastion
14. FIFA 19
15. Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen

Source (thanks @QUAKECore89 for the link)

Last edited by TomaTito - on 03 June 2019

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

tag "¡Viva la Ñ!" - WRUR

You're welcome Tomato!



Battletag: Quakecore89#1866 / GOG: AMDFX89 / PSN: QuakeCore_89 / Xbox Live Tag: QuakeCore89 / NS: SW-7937-5976-6855

Current PCs: -PC 2017(Ryzen 7 3700X/32GB 3200MHz DDR4 RAM/GeForce RTX 2060 6GB/Crucial 250GB M.2(Boot) Kingston 1TB SSD(Storage))