Quantcast
Super Mario Odyssey Reviews - 97 Metacritic (91 Reviews) - 97 OpenCritic (84 Reviews)

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Odyssey Reviews - 97 Metacritic (91 Reviews) - 97 OpenCritic (84 Reviews)

Miyamotoo said:
p0isonparadise said:
Anything less than a 95 would be a disaster.

Yea, it will be worst 3D Mario ever if it gets 94 for instance. :D

Sunshine has 92, you adorable fool. And 3D World 93. And 3D Land 90. So yeah, under 94 will be Ragnarok.



Around the Network
Lonely_Dolphin said:
Shaunodon said:

I edited my original reply for clarity before.

And my question still remains.

Hivemind was just my cute way of saying majority.

104/108 is a bit more than just a majority, especially for a score that high.

And the point was that reviewers shouldn't be letting personal quirks define their review scores.



vivster said:
DonFerrari said:

Be careful of a certain absurdous fast user... you can't use your pitchfork if you haven't played the game to the end.

It's not like you have to actually play Nintendo games to know that they're the best thing on earth. And if you played them and and still don't think they're the best then obviously you did something wrong because so many great reviews cannot possibly be wrong.

Not that I will have a lot of time swinging, I'm already preloading Assassin's Creed Origins.

If someone doesn't like a Nintendo game, it's not the game's fault, he obviously played it the wrong way. 

OT: I don't even have a Switch and I'm hyped by this game. Opencritic page is open here so I can see when the embargo is over.



GameRevolution: 10/10 A new era
http://www.gamerevolution.com/review/353097-super-mario-odyssey-review-a-new-era

Istuff: 10/10 Nintendo takes gaming to new levels with Super Mario Odyssey
https://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/games/98245181/nintendo-takes-gaming-to-new-levels-with-super-mario-odyssey



fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

I've been waiting for this all week. Review embargos suck.



Signature goes here!

Around the Network
vivster said:
DonFerrari said:

Be careful of a certain absurdous fast user... you can't use your pitchfork if you haven't played the game to the end.

It's not like you have to actually play Nintendo games to know that they're the best thing on earth. And if you played them and and still don't think they're the best then obviously you did something wrong because so many great reviews cannot possibly be wrong.

Not that I will have a lot of time swinging, I'm already preloading Assassin's Creed Origins.

Well, I really am not into Nintendo games anymore, and personally I wouldn't give then high scores because of the parameters I would use.

But inside the genre is impossible to say that so far Mario have been at the top and I see no issue with someone thinking Oddysey is a 10/10 game... my only issue would be if the person put a lot of negative points (real ones mind you) and then ignore them and gives a 10



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Shaunodon said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:

And my question still remains.

Hivemind was just my cute way of saying majority.

104/108 is a bit more than just a majority, especially for a score that high.

And the point was that reviewers shouldn't be letting personal quirks define their review scores.

I have no idea where you even got that number from, certainly not from JRPGfan or me, yet you speak as if my initial post was responding to it. And uh yes that would clearly still count as majority...

So as I figured, your point has nothing to do with my post, great...



Also if you guys are interested IGN just released the TOP Mario games of all time:

http://n4g.com/news/2116601/top-10-super-mario-games-ign



fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

Guys, I'm hyped as everyone for this game, but let's keep it civil if certain publications give a score you don't agree with. It happens, and I'm tired of people diminishing the value of the review by saying that it's just click-baiting. I read some 10/10 reviews which are badly written and don't hold any value, yet I read some 7/10 reviews (heh, see what I did here? ) which are, at least, better written and explain its reasons clearly. Everyone has his/her own opinion, and we should celebrate that. In the end, what really matters is your own opinion, stick to that, and enjoy the ride

EDIT: It's a good time to play Jump up, Super Star! on repeat. It increases the hype XD.



roadkillers said:
GameRevolution: 10/10 A new era
http://www.gamerevolution.com/review/353097-super-mario-odyssey-review-a-new-era

Istuff: 10/10 Nintendo takes gaming to new levels with Super Mario Odyssey
https://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/games/98245181/nintendo-takes-gaming-to-new-levels-with-super-mario-odyssey

Oh, goodie goodie!

12 more minutes.