Quantcast
PSVR Turns One: One Million Gamers And Counting

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSVR Turns One: One Million Gamers And Counting

celador said:
Conina said:
Only 1 million so far? It were 0.915 million in February...

0.9m by February, and they sold 500k during a three month period to June

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=231751&page=1

so i'm not sure why they are lowballing their numbers in this article. They should be closer to 2m than 1m.

That 500k for three month period to June just doesnt sound right at all.  Something doesnt add up somehwere. 

Its clearly just over 1m, because they just said so. 

This being the biggest seller tells you all you need to know about the appetite for VR this gen/at this time.

 

 

 



I'm not really here!

Link: Shipment History Since 1995


Around the Network
ZhugeEX said:
RolStoppable said:

No, I don't know. Even most of the pessimistic outlooks for VR had pegged PS VR higher than 1m+ through one year.

Although I suppose that there were a few people who expected less than 1m during that timeframe. Somewhere.

I did-

https://zhugeex.com/2016/10/my-thoughts-on-playstation-vr-sales/

Always knew it wouldn't take off in a big way this gen.

No, you didn't.

Your edit in November contains an estimate for shipments in calendar year 2016 (800k) and the statement that 2017 and 2018 are going to be the peak years with sales of 3-4m across that 24-month-span. Those statements don't scale to less than the current 1m+ through one year.

Good writeup about VR for sure, but your expectations weren't below 1m through the first twelve months.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

RolStoppable said:
ZhugeEX said:

I did-

https://zhugeex.com/2016/10/my-thoughts-on-playstation-vr-sales/

Always knew it wouldn't take off in a big way this gen.

No, you didn't.

Your edit in November contains an estimate for shipments in calendar year 2016 (800k) and the statement that 2017 and 2018 are going to be the peak years with sales of 3-4m across that 24-month-span. Those statements don't scale to less than the current 1m+ through one year.

Good writeup about VR for sure, but your expectations weren't below 1m through the first twelve months.

Forensic.  Yeah, it would appear that his prediction would be at least 1.6 to 2.0m for end of 2017.  i.e. 800k for 2016 plus a peak year in 2017 of quite a bit more than 800k



I'm not really here!

Link: Shipment History Since 1995


kowenicki said:

Forensic.  Yeah, it would appear that his prediction would be at least 1.6 to 2.0m for end of 2017.  i.e. 800k for 2016 plus a peak year in 2017 of quite a bit more than 800k

The most important thing I want to note here is that it seems ZhugeEX unwillingly stumbled into a warzone. I know he isn't interested in that kind of discourse.

The exchange between me and celador, and ZhugeEX's analysis regarding VR should really be treated as two separate topics, because they are separate topics.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

RolStoppable said:
ZhugeEX said:

I did-

https://zhugeex.com/2016/10/my-thoughts-on-playstation-vr-sales/

Always knew it wouldn't take off in a big way this gen.

No, you didn't.

Your edit in November contains an estimate for shipments in calendar year 2016 (800k) and the statement that 2017 and 2018 are going to be the peak years with sales of 3-4m across that 24-month-span. Those statements don't scale to less than the current 1m+ through one year.

Good writeup about VR for sure, but your expectations weren't below 1m through the first twelve months.

I am baffled, don't take ZhugeEX serious,  I am so used to say 'don't take Rol serious' and now I have to tell you to not take someone serious.






Around the Network

Honestly VR on PC is only getting more and more impressive while PSVR still feels in a weird place. A bit like when people bought a Wii and want to experience being a hardcore gamer but then got tired of being so many weak games that were basically copies from each other and more expensive because it has an unique way to play a game.

Anyway the last VR game that impressed me is Duck Season':

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eKhMZzBgQ4

Hope that one makes it on PSVR =D.






RolStoppable said:
ZhugeEX said:

I did-

https://zhugeex.com/2016/10/my-thoughts-on-playstation-vr-sales/

Always knew it wouldn't take off in a big way this gen.

No, you didn't.

Your edit in November contains an estimate for shipments in calendar year 2016 (800k) and the statement that 2017 and 2018 are going to be the peak years with sales of 3-4m across that 24-month-span. Those statements don't scale to less than the current 1m+ through one year.

Good writeup about VR for sure, but your expectations weren't below 1m through the first twelve months.

 

My expectations line up with how PS VR is selling. 

Not some arbitary less than 1m. The PS VR already sold in more than that last fiscal year. 



konnichiwa said:

Honestly VR on PC is only getting more and more impressive while PSVR still feels in a weird place. A bit like when people bought a Wii and want to experience being a hardcore gamer but then got tired of being so many weak games that were basically copies from each other and more expensive because it has an unique way to play a game.

Anyway the last VR game that impressed me is Duck Season':

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eKhMZzBgQ4

Hope that one makes it on PSVR =D.

Good day for VR games on both sides. Friday the 13th sale in the Oculus store and the PSVR sale in the PS store.

I bought Wilsons's Heart and Witchblood for PC and Statik for PS4.



celador said:
Conina said:
Only 1 million so far? It were 0.915 million in February...

0.9m by February, and they sold 500k during a three month period to June

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=231751&page=1

so i'm not sure why they are lowballing their numbers in this article. They should be closer to 2m than 1m.

I don't even understand what this number is supposed to mean.

- One million played a game with PSVR ? It could mean they sold 500 000 PSVR and in average 2 people played the same PSVR unit

- We sold 10 millions PSVR but 9 millions units are still unopened, only 1 million have being used.

Totally useless article.

By the way, those kind of copypasted thread should not be allowed, the first post by lazy Gribble, I mean. he could have wrote at least one sentance.



kowenicki said:
celador said:

0.9m by February, and they sold 500k during a three month period to June

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=231751&page=1

so i'm not sure why they are lowballing their numbers in this article. They should be closer to 2m than 1m.

That 500k for three month period to June just doesnt sound right at all.  Something doesnt add up somehwere. 

Its clearly just over 1m, because they just said so. 

This being the biggest seller tells you all you need to know about the appetite for VR this gen/at this time.

It passed 1 million sold through in the start of June/end of May, that's the best we have in terms of official announcements.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/6/5/15719382/playstation-vr-sony-sales-one-million