Quantcast
Gran Turismo Sport Matchmaking

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gran Turismo Sport Matchmaking

Dear Folks, run about 5 races online with winning the first one and then being rammed on the other 4 and getting penalties for being hit from behind...

The matchmaking is very fast, and there is a classification of fairness, experience and lap time.

But even when it considers all that, because everyone starts on probably E and B on fairness and experience (depending on how they played the rest of the trial perhaps) and maybe because there weren't many racers there were lap times with over 20s of difference on classification if you didn't manage to be on the front row it's a clusterfuck on the guys ramming on you... even if sometimes they will become ghosts on bad behavior they eventually can fuck you up.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363


Around the Network
This is why I don't play racing games online much, and why GTS being an online focused game, requiring an Internet connection for most of its functionality, removes it from my purchase list until it's discounted greatly.

LudicrousSpeed said:
This is why I don't play racing games online much, and why GTS being an online focused game, requiring an Internet connection for most of its functionality, removes it from my purchase list until it's discounted greatly.

I'm a hard timing holding of and purchasing later, hope with full game one can get better grades so when entering online won't meet all the ram masters.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363


That's why I wish they bought back no contact play list. You still get drafting bonuses but as soon as contact is made both players turn into "ghosts" so to speak.

I don't mind playing racing games online but the fuller the lobby the higher the chance the the race will turn into a destruction derby.

Around the Network
ironmanDX said:
That's why I wish they bought back no contact play list. You still get drafting bonuses but as soon as contact is made both players turn into "ghosts" so to speak.

They become ghost when hitting the wall and sometimes perhaps on high braking.

But if all contact would make you become ghost then it would only be a lap time endurance.

Chris Hu said:
I don't mind playing racing games online but the fuller the lobby the higher the chance the the race will turn into a destruction derby.

24 cars per race... and still much variation in skills.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363


DonFerrari said:
ironmanDX said:
That's why I wish they bought back no contact play list. You still get drafting bonuses but as soon as contact is made both players turn into "ghosts" so to speak.

They become ghost when hitting the wall and sometimes perhaps on high braking.

But if all contact would make you become ghost then it would only be a lap time endurance.

Chris Hu said:
I don't mind playing racing games online but the fuller the lobby the higher the chance the the race will turn into a destruction derby.

24 cars per race... and still much variation in skills.

Making the overall fastest person win. The point of a race. They say rubbing is racing but some people take it several levels to far and can ruin the experience.



ironmanDX said:
DonFerrari said:

They become ghost when hitting the wall and sometimes perhaps on high braking.

But if all contact would make you become ghost then it would only be a lap time endurance.

24 cars per race... and still much variation in skills.

Making the overall fastest person win. The point of a race. They say rubbing is racing but some people take it several levels to far and can ruin the experience.

Totally agree, but negotiating the passing and defending the position is also part of racing (even without rubbing), but sure is hard when not everyone is on it to play right...  the classification shall help.

Funny enough on the race I won the guy that was just behind me gone to last place on over 60s of penalty for wall riding.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363


What's the point in driving around when there isn't even a ball and a goal?

vivster said:
What's the point in driving around when there isn't even a ball and a goal?

TO go back to the same point. Like a hamster



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363