Quantcast
Mass shooting Las Vegas

Forums - Politics Discussion - Mass shooting Las Vegas

There was another mass shooting, smaller, shooting that just happened in the US.

http://fox4kc.com/2017/10/01/lawrence-community-shaken-after-5-people-shot-on-massachusetts-street/

3 of the 5 have died.



I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
Pemalite said:
When will you Americans learn about Gun Control? It does work.

Is THIS really a gun issue though?

Somebody wanted to kill a large number of people, that's the real problem. That can be achieved with a large vehicle, bomb, etc.

So let's simply allow everyone to own every kind of weapon: atomic bombs, tanks, warplanes, you name it.

After all, people will always find ways and weapons to kill others, right?



ArchangelMadzz said:
LadyJasmine said:
Its rather simple...

Crazy people with assault rifles can kill many people.

Inother countries the guy would have to use a knife likely

I remember that one time a guy stabbed 400 people and killed 50 others in 10 minutes with a knife..

Oh yeah, that was another withered looking 60+ year old man as well wasn't it? With his switch blade. Honestly people there is no way that person would have killed the number he did without the weapon he used, even the bomb in the concert in manchester killed far less people.

Also the argument of "maybe he didn't buy the automatic rifle himself because only X amount of people in the US are allowed those guns" okay.... so someone else was able to walk into a store and buy it and then illegally sell it to this person, the chain of the gun getting into this old fuckers hands still doesn't exist in other countries as easily as it does in the US.



Fancy hearing me on an amateur podcast with friends gushing over one of my favourite games? https://youtu.be/1I7JfMMxhf8

ArnoldRimmer said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Is THIS really a gun issue though?

Somebody wanted to kill a large number of people, that's the real problem. That can be achieved with a large vehicle, bomb, etc.

So let's simply allow everyone to own every kind of weapon: atomic bombs, tanks, warplanes, you name it.

After all, people will always find ways and weapons to kill others, right?

Of course, the best way to stop a bad guy with a nuke is a good guy with a nuke.



I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Ganoncrotch said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

I remember that one time a guy stabbed 400 people and killed 50 others in 10 minutes with a knife..

Oh yeah, that was another withered looking 60+ year old man as well wasn't it? With his switch blade. Honestly people there is no way that person would have killed the number he did without the weapon he used, even the bomb in the concert in manchester killed far less people.

Also the argument of "maybe he didn't buy the automatic rifle himself because only X amount of people in the US are allowed those guns" okay.... so someone else was able to walk into a store and buy it and then illegally sell it to this person, the chain of the gun getting into this old fuckers hands still doesn't exist in other countries as easily as it does in the US.

Well... when it comes to ninjas, older usually means more deadly.



I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

A guy inflicted 450 casualties in a few mins and we are saying the weapon does not matter....

 

 

idiots



Pemalite said:
When will you Americans learn about Gun Control? It does work.

We won't, and until we do shit like this will continue to happen.



Puppyroach said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

The problem is beyond gun control. There are too many souls living here and in  In a semi-free market there also comes a black market (obviously because its not completely free). You cannot stop people in America from getting guns, no less than you can stop illegal drug trade. Take away the guns too and no one will be able to defend themselves. American has been entrenched in gun culture since its inception.

You will never get any control whatsoever if you don't start somewhere. Saying that the problem is to big and therefore nothing should be done to regulate sales is to give up. Australia is a great example of the effects from gun control. Also, people don't need guns to defend themselves, arming everyone just causes more and more violence instead.

^ this is the problem that most just dont seem able to accept.

But something has to be done, its costing way more lives than it protects.



Ganoncrotch said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

I remember that one time a guy stabbed 400 people and killed 50 others in 10 minutes with a knife..

Oh yeah, that was another withered looking 60+ year old man as well wasn't it? With his switch blade. Honestly people there is no way that person would have killed the number he did without the weapon he used, even the bomb in the concert in manchester killed far less people.

Also the argument of "maybe he didn't buy the automatic rifle himself because only X amount of people in the US are allowed those guns" okay.... so someone else was able to walk into a store and buy it and then illegally sell it to this person, the chain of the gun getting into this old fuckers hands still doesn't exist in other countries as easily as it does in the US.

Well I've read tha the does have his pilots licenes for a smal plane.

He could do a lot of damage with that. Imagine crashing a small plane into a crowded concert. Or putting a bomb in that plane he crashes.

I don't know the whole no fly zones, but guessing he does and would be able to find a suitable crowded target that would allow him to fly.

Guns or no guns, people bent to doing mass murders will find a way to do it. Just look at all the terrorist attacks in the last few years. I swear only 1 in 10 are gun related at all.



AngryLittleAlchemist said:
konnichiwa said:

I felt like the 'general' discussion thread is more for light hearted discussions. This kind of threads always end up with politic discussions anyway but if a mod wants to move it to General it is fine by me.

Thing is, this shouldn't be political ... but you know it's going to go there  

Sad that death has to be political. 

Anyways sad news. 

But it is political when politics allow for a man to easily be able to access over 10 assault rifles, which he was reportedly found with in his hotel room. (Who knows how he got them in there.)
USA refuse to impose strict gun control laws, when it has dramatically decreased these types of events in other countries who have. You can never stop it completely, but USA's gun laws are insane. Suspected terrirists are allowed to buy assault rifles, as was the case with the Miami club shooter. A 13 year old child can leagally buy a gun, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fB7MwvqCtlk etc

The gun used in the Sandy Hook shooting cost a a few hundred dollars for the shooter. it costs 32 000 dollars on the black market in Australia.

I realize it's difficult to scale down gun ownership because there are so many guns out there, but if you don't start imposing more stricter gun control laws that are designed to prevent guns from falling into the wrong, or irresponsible hands, the problem will always remain.