Quantcast
German election tomorrow

Forums - Politics Discussion - German election tomorrow

Who do your want to win?

CDU/CSU 31 10.69%
 
SPD 23 7.93%
 
Left 30 10.34%
 
Greens 12 4.14%
 
FDP 17 5.86%
 
AfD 59 20.34%
 
another one of the parties on ballot 6 2.07%
 
a party not on ballot 6 2.07%
 
no one 17 5.86%
 
see results 89 30.69%
 
Total:290
LadyJasmine said:
Lafiel said:

can you read german?

No but based on this election the whole goal of the two main parties was not to talk about issues 

you are oddly confident in that assertion considering you can't follow the election in it's native tongue

the CDU/CSU is the biggest party in germany and the CSU spoke at length about the one issue that seems to be your focus



Around the Network
Lafiel said:
LadyJasmine said:

No but based on this election the whole goal of the two main parties was not to talk about issues 

you are oddly confident in that assertion considering you can't follow the election in it's native tongue

the CDU/CSU is the biggest party in germany and the CSU spoke at length about the one issue that seems to be your focus

This is what happens when people talk about European politics without knowing it well lol



monocle_layton said:
Lafiel said:

you are oddly confident in that assertion considering you can't follow the election in it's native tongue

the CDU/CSU is the biggest party in germany and the CSU spoke at length about the one issue that seems to be your focus

This is what happens when people talk about European politics without knowing it well lol

I am not European, nor do I claim to be an expert in all the intricacies of European politics, but I am always surprised by the amount of Canadians or Americans inthis site that are so invested in the European far right.



Lafiel said:
LadyJasmine said:

No but based on this election the whole goal of the two main parties was not to talk about issues 

you are oddly confident in that assertion considering you can't follow the election in it's native tongue

the CDU/CSU is the biggest party in germany and the CSU spoke at length about the one issue that seems to be your focus

Well I have read http://www.spiegel.de/international/

They speak mostly about it not being an issue and avoiding the issue. Merkel specifically likes to Pretend 2015 never happened...

Now it is one of the major reasons they lost a lot of support and the AFD did quite well. 

 

I dont support the far right but I am glad this shatters Merkels image a bit  :)  



monocle_layton said:
Lafiel said:

you are oddly confident in that assertion considering you can't follow the election in it's native tongue

the CDU/CSU is the biggest party in germany and the CSU spoke at length about the one issue that seems to be your focus

This is what happens when people talk about European politics without knowing it well lol

I am not European, nor do I claim to be an expert in all the intricacies of European politics, but I am always surprised by the amount of Canadians or Americans inthis site that are so invested in the European far right.



Around the Network
LadyJasmine said:
Lafiel said:

you are oddly confident in that assertion considering you can't follow the election in it's native tongue

the CDU/CSU is the biggest party in germany and the CSU spoke at length about the one issue that seems to be your focus

 

They speak mostly about it not being an issue

Now it is one of the major reasons they lost a lot of support. 

 the bavarian part of the CDU, namely the CSU, is very much in favor of tight immigration quotas + easy/swift deportation and has voiced that often and loudly throughout the election campaign



Lafiel said:
LadyJasmine said:

 

They speak mostly about it not being an issue

Now it is one of the major reasons they lost a lot of support. 

 the bavarian part of the CDU, namely the CSU, is very much in favor of tight immigration quotas + easy/swift deportation and has voiced that a lot and loudly throughout the election campaign

 

 

I am quite certain they are not  very happy with Merkel now it seems 



morenoingrato said:
monocle_layton said:

This is what happens when people talk about European politics without knowing it well lol

I am not European, nor do I claim to be an expert in all the intricacies of European politics, but I am always surprised by the amount of Canadians or Americans inthis site that are so invested in the European far right.

I just don't need to see more alt right nutjobs. They're toxic and are much more violent/disrespectful than the so called 'evil antichrist liberals'.

 

I honestly don't care much about the majority of mainstream political issues nowadays, but I always worry we'll go back to accepting bigotry

LadyJasmine said:
Lafiel said:

 the bavarian part of the CDU, namely the CSU, is very much in favor of tight immigration quotas + easy/swift deportation and has voiced that a lot and loudly throughout the election campaign

 

 

I am quite certain they are not  very happy with Merkel now it seems 

Certainty is still prone to errors without statistical evidence to support it.



morenoingrato said:
monocle_layton said:

This is what happens when people talk about European politics without knowing it well lol

I am not European, nor do I claim to be an expert in all the intricacies of European politics, but I am always surprised by the amount of Canadians or Americans inthis site that are so invested in the European far right.

those with dogmatic views of the world revel in their sciolism, it's a sad sight



LipeJJ said:
How does election work in Germany? I have no clue. xD

Every citizen has two votes. The first decides an candidate in the polling district (of which are 299) and the one with the relative majority gets a seat in the parliament. The second vote decide which party gets how many seats, based on proportions. This is where it gets complicated: if per first vote more candidates are voted into the parliament than they get as proportion of the second vote, the number of parliament seats will be increased (normally it is 598) until the proportion leads to enough seats for the party to accomodate all direct candidates. This is complicated further, as for this calculation every state is looked alone, but the size of the parliament grows overall. So in reality it become often more than 600 seats.

Ah yes, also if a party that has less than 5% of second votes or wins less than 3 seats through the first vote, then all second votes of this party are dismissed.



3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019

Predictions: Switch / Switch vs. XB1 in the US / Three Houses first quarter