That's fine and all, but the fact that I mixed up Miami with another part of Florida is irrelevant as long as the threat of the hurrican applied to where Rush was broadcasting from. And it did. There was a warning for West Keys residents, and there was damager caused by the hurricane, police rescues, etc.
Furthermore, Rush can try to claim innocence all he wants, but unfortunately for him we have ears. We can hear what he said for ourselves. And he said that media are exaggerating the threat of hurricanes to get people to buy supplies.
First he says that 97% of the scientific community (who Al Gore cites) are wrong about man made climate change causing hurricanes to become bigger and more frequent, etc. (And btw the 3% who disagree were found to have errors in their reports, that when corrected come to the same assessment as the other 97%.) https://www.sciencealert.com/errors-common-in-the-3-of-climate-studies-that-reject-the-global-warming-consensus-study-finds
"You don't need the hurricane to hit anywhere. All you need is to create the fear and panic accompanied by talk that hurricanes are becoming bigger and more frequent.
There's a symbiotic relationship between local retailers and media, and it's related to money. You have major industries that prosper during times of crisis and panic, such as a hurricane.
...And then people go to the stores to stock up on water and batteries and whatever they need. The retailers spend a lot of money for advertising, and then media reports in such a way to create panic way far out which sends people into these stores."
When he says that the hurricane doesn't need to hit anywhere, just media threatening that it will, in order for you to go out and buy supplies like water and batteries, that is in fact telling people not to fall for it. And the consequences of that can be lethal if you listen to him.
And he clearly doesn't believe what he is preaching, when he seemingly makes up a story about why he can't broadcast that weekend, instead of just telling his audience the truth. Because he's ok with them dying as long as he gets his donations.
Even if his conspiracy theory was true, he's encouraging people not to spend a few dollars or take the threat as seriously when their lives could very well be in danger. When a hurricane is about to hit, only an idiot would not take proper precautions.
And Rush is no idiot. He went to a safer place. His audience? Fuck em.