Quantcast
The Official Hip Hop Thread

Forums - Music Discussion - The Official Hip Hop Thread

Best Hip-Hop Video

Cardi B Bodak Yellow 3 50.00%
 
DJ Khaled f. Rihanna and ... 0 0.00%
 
French Montana f. Swae Lee Unforgettable 0 0.00%
 
Future Mask Off 1 16.67%
 
Kendrick Lamar HUMBLE. 2 33.33%
 
Total:6

The Offical Hip Hop Thread.

This thread is for discussing the genre of HIp Hop. Anyone can post stuff related to Hip Hop like songs, interviews, music videos, beats etc. I'll keep the thread updated with top charts, news, and pools. 

Top 10 sales: Week Ending 03/08/2018

1. Various Artists — Black Panther: The Album — #1 — 76,370 (15,478) [81,765,920]
2. Tory Lanez — Memories Don’t Die — #3 — 53,861 (15,024) [54,016,053]
3. Migos — Culture II — #4 — 51,731 (4,778) [65,923,685]
4. Post Malone — Stoney — #6 — 35,032 (2,814) [43,920,242]
5. Kendrick Lamar — DAMN. — #9 — 26,338 (5,903) [28,237,911]
6. Tekashi 6ix9ine — DAY69 — #10 — 24,702 (1,653) [33,023,268]
7. Bruno Mars — 24K Magic — #11 — 22,556 (6,728) [18,565,409]
8. Khalid — American Teen — #13 — 21,756 (2,315) [26,720,728]
9. Tech N9ne — Planet — #14 — 21,412 (15,906) [6,849,834]
10. Lil Uzi Vert — Luv Is Rage 2 — #15 — 21,369 (510) [30,313,288]

https://hiphopdx.com/news/id.46193/title.hip-hop-album-sales-black-panther-the-album-reclaims-top-spot

User Recommendations

Anyone can recommend a song and i will add it to this table.

User Song
VGPolyglot Bring Da Ruckus
iceland

Jocelyn Flores

Fuck Love

Revenge

Everybody Dies in their nightmares

Fei-Hung

Oh My Darling

Run the Jewels - nobody speak

Hiku

Can't Touch This

Ice Ice Baby

Flilix Astronaut
   
   
   
   
   

 


Last edited by jason1637 - on 12 March 2018

Around the Network
Reserved

reserve

if anyone hasn't read this about XXXtentacion's Ex's testimony... crazy ass read

https://pitchfork.com/thepitch/xxxtentacions-reported-victim-details-grim-pattern-of-abuse-in-testimony/

here's a snip

he first incident of domestic violence occurred about two weeks later. He slapped her and broke her iPhone 6S, because she had complimented a male friend on his new jewelry. (XXXTentacion later repaired the phone.) Later that day, XXXTentacion left the room and returned with two grilling implements—a “barbecue pitchfork” and a “barbecue cleaner,” she said—and told her to pick between them, because he was going to put one of them in her vagina. She chose the fork. He told her to undress. He was lightly dragging the tool against her inner thigh when she passed out. He did not penetrate her with it.



iceland said:

if anyone hasn't read this about XXXtentacion's Ex's testimony... crazy ass read

https://pitchfork.com/thepitch/xxxtentacions-reported-victim-details-grim-pattern-of-abuse-in-testimony/

here's a snip

he first incident of domestic violence occurred about two weeks later. He slapped her and broke her iPhone 6S, because she had complimented a male friend on his new jewelry. (XXXTentacion later repaired the phone.) Later that day, XXXTentacion left the room and returned with two grilling implements—a “barbecue pitchfork” and a “barbecue cleaner,” she said—and told her to pick between them, because he was going to put one of them in her vagina. She chose the fork. He told her to undress. He was lightly dragging the tool against her inner thigh when she passed out. He did not penetrate her with it.

I think X might be in some deep shit. Imo this sounds way too specific to be made up.



Around the Network

Oh shit!! An official hip hop thread? I guess I'll post this in order to give us something to listen to



  


jason1637 said:
iceland said:

if anyone hasn't read this about XXXtentacion's Ex's testimony... crazy ass read

https://pitchfork.com/thepitch/xxxtentacions-reported-victim-details-grim-pattern-of-abuse-in-testimony/

here's a snip

he first incident of domestic violence occurred about two weeks later. He slapped her and broke her iPhone 6S, because she had complimented a male friend on his new jewelry. (XXXTentacion later repaired the phone.) Later that day, XXXTentacion left the room and returned with two grilling implements—a “barbecue pitchfork” and a “barbecue cleaner,” she said—and told her to pick between them, because he was going to put one of them in her vagina. She chose the fork. He told her to undress. He was lightly dragging the tool against her inner thigh when she passed out. He did not penetrate her with it.

I think X might be in some deep shit. Imo this sounds way too specific to be made up.

X been disturbed, has little regard for human life...

Look at his cover for yung bratz

https://soundcloud.com/jahseh-onfroy/xxxtentacion-yung-bratz-prod-stain

that's some demonic shit lol

I have no problem believing these claims. I do think he turned over a new leaf recently but he's gotta pay for his past crimes

Such a shame, another Bobby Shmurda



Regarding 17, here's a lil review.

The album is short... really short. Which isn't a bad thing because I prefer quality > quanity but the project still has a lot of filler tracks, and even the highlights are short. No song really goes beyond 3 minutes. Album starts off with "the Explaination" where he details the emotions and thoughts that went into the project. 2nd track Jocelyn Flores is easily the standout track of the album, where Xxxtentacion talks about his friend that commited suicide over a hypnotic loop. The Songs Revenge, Fuck love, and Everybody dies in their nightmares do a pretty good job setting the mood. Sadly, most of the album really shows X's weakness. His singing voice is extremely limited and it sounds really bad on some tracks, take "dead inside" for an example. Bad singing combined with bad production yet it somehow makes it on the album as an "interlude". Had it been an EP with just the better songs it would've been great but I can't ignore all the bad tracks on this thing.

17 gets a 3/10 for me.

recommended tracks: Jocelyn Flores, Fuck Love, Revenge, Everybody Dies in their nightmares



Late 80's cat rite hurr, soo i'm-a holla at all y'all when I gotz my bidness situated in a minute. For right now though, Truffle Butter is my jam right now. Peep at it.

VGPolyglot said:

Oh shit!! An official hip hop thread? I guess I'll post this in order to give us something to listen to

[Video]

RZA, btw, is a horrible filmmaker, and actor. I bought his Iron Fists series just for support... but I cringe watching them. I get high enough though to get thru them.