Quantcast
L.A. Noire will cost more on Switch than Ps4 and Xbox One

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - L.A. Noire will cost more on Switch than Ps4 and Xbox One

HollyGamer said:
Nautilus said:

But Sony could become more greedy and charge a bigger platform fee, making italways cost more than Switch games.Goddamn you platform fees!

Yes they could, but they are are not charging it for  LA Noire. And also they already charge people with their online fee. SO that's fair for them. 

Sony and Nintendo are not the sellers of this game.  Rockstar Games is.  The price is up to them.



Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."

Around the Network
SpokenTruth said:
HollyGamer said:

Yes they could, but they are are not charging it for  LA Noire. And also they already charge people with their online fee. SO that's fair for them. 

Sony and Nintendo are not the sellers of this game.  Rockstar Games is.  The price is up to I think every games that comes to

i think they charge 3rd party publisher as well , and also if there is some deal with it the price can be diffrent,  and also because you mention that . It even more posible they increase the price then the normal standard price ( EA did this a long time ago )



HollyGamer said:
SpokenTruth said:

Sony and Nintendo are not the sellers of this game.  Rockstar Games is.  The price is up to I think every games that comes to

i think they charge 3rd party publisher as well , and also if there is some deal with it the price can be diffrent,  and also because you mention that . It even more posible they increase the price then the normal standard price ( EA did this a long time ago )

Yes, they charge a licensing fee which has been about the same fee since 2003.

You are just making up some arbitrary "if" stories to support your jacked up price theory for Nintendo games.



Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."

Interesting thread, haha.

I suggest reading this article- http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/09/feature_exploring_the_switch_tax_and_why_nintendo_was_right_to_use_game_cards

and

this post on NeoGAF- http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=248391413#post248391413


I also want to make clear, I'm not defending publishers or Nintendo or anything like that. I'm simply explaining the cost of carts and how that can lead to games being priced higher. I suggest reading the article in full as it should provide a good overview of everything.



HollyGamer said:
SpokenTruth said:

Sony and Nintendo are not the sellers of this game.  Rockstar Games is.  The price is up to I think every games that comes to

i think they charge 3rd party publisher as well , and also if there is some deal with it the price can be diffrent,  and also because you mention that . It even more posible they increase the price then the normal standard price ( EA did this a long time ago )

Then why is L.A. Noire the same price for all three platforms in some regions?

Also why is FIFA18 $10 cheaper on switch than PS4/ONE for some regions?



 

 

Around the Network
Cobretti2 said:
HollyGamer said:

i think they charge 3rd party publisher as well , and also if there is some deal with it the price can be diffrent,  and also because you mention that . It even more posible they increase the price then the normal standard price ( EA did this a long time ago )

Then why is L.A. Noire the same price for all three platforms in some regions?

Also why is FIFA18 $10 cheaper on switch than PS4/ONE for some regions?

Because the price of game cards when they manufactured them for that region was $10 more than the previous...uh day or so because reasons.     And FIFA is cheaper because EA was being super generous, unlike greedy Nintendo, so they gave Nintendo Switch gamers a $10 discount.



Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."

its costs the same across all three platforms here in AUS and NZ



zapo said:
its costs the same across all three platforms here in AUS and NZ

to be fair the cost of games in Au/NZ is rediculous



SpokenTruth said:
Pemalite said:

Carts don't use NAND flash though.

Macronix does not manufacture a 32 GB Mask ROM.  16 GB and under.  But they do offer NAND flash up to 64 GB.

But, even if it were, their prices are practically identical.

That's interesting if that is indeed the case.
I'll need to spend a few hours looking into it to make sure that is actually true first though.

One thing that makes me hesitant to take your claim at face value is that... We need to keep in mind for the reason they use MROM in the first place... NAND Flash does bit flip. Eventually it will loose all it's data.

SpokenTruth said:
HollyGamer said:

Yes they could, but they are are not charging it for  LA Noire. And also they already charge people with their online fee. SO that's fair for them. 

Sony and Nintendo are not the sellers of this game.  Rockstar Games is.  The price is up to them.

This.

One thing to keep in mind is that Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo heck even Valve do influence pricing though with licensing fees, fee's for things like patches, media costs and other things tacked on as well.

Then you have the retailer side of the equation as well.

zapo said:
its costs the same across all three platforms here in AUS and NZ

And so it should, we pay more. :P



I live in aus now and so much cheaper than NZ