Quantcast
Resident Evil: Revelations 1 and 2 will launch for Switch on Nov 28 in the West and Nov 30 in Japan

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Resident Evil: Revelations 1 and 2 will launch for Switch on Nov 28 in the West and Nov 30 in Japan

I thought that the Switch cartridges had a confirmed capacity of 32GB, as the standard model (correct me if I'm wrong on that though). Definitely odd that such a move would be made by Capcom. Are they still "feeling out the Switch" or w/e they keep saying? xDD



Around the Network

Insane people complain this much over a download.



Well, this is new.

Read.

While I think they should have put both in a 32GB cartridge, I just don't think is such a big problem.



spemanig said:
Insane people complain this much over a download.

The issue they have is that both games can fit on one cart quite easily as standard carts are 32GB which begs the question why not only that the larger game is the one everyone is going have to download.



Wyrdness said:
spemanig said:
Insane people complain this much over a download.

The issue they have is that both games can fit on one cart quite easily as standard carts are 32GB which begs the question why not only that the larger game is the one everyone is going have to download.

Not to mention, call me old fashioned, but if I purchase a video game/movie at a retail store, I fully expect that game/movie to be inside the case, not some digital code.



Around the Network

I believe this is what Nintendo meant by, "you will need an SD card to play certain games" opposed to what people are thinking with 2K games. If another company (or even Capcom again) decided to do the same thing, I would need an SD card to play the game. I still would if I downloaded Zelda...



01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01001001 01111001 01101111 01101100 01100001 01101000 00100001 00100000 01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110100 01100101 01110010 01101110 01101001 01110100 01111001 00100001 00100000

Wyrdness said:
spemanig said:
Insane people complain this much over a download.

The issue they have is that both games can fit on one cart quite easily as standard carts are 32GB which begs the question why not only that the larger game is the one everyone is going have to download.

It's probably cheaper to manufacure.

Lest we remember that that matters now.



Well, this is new.

Read.

spemanig said:

It's probably cheaper to manufacure.

Lest we remember that that matters now.

It's not cheaper to manufacture as the default space is 32GB so the cart that comes with RE:R1 can already hold the second game with out any extra cost, this move literally makes no sense on their part.



Wyrdness said:
spemanig said:

It's probably cheaper to manufacure.

Lest we remember that that matters now.

It's not cheaper to manufacture as the default space is 32GB so the cart that comes with RE:R1 can already hold the second game with out any extra cost, this move literally makes no sense on their part.

Nah, Switch cards come in many different sizes.

"Switch game card carts come in a variety of capacities: 1GB, 2GB, 4GB, 8GB, 16GB and 32GB. At a high level, the bigger the cart the more expensive it is" - eurogamer

Also "the larger game is the one everyone is going have to download." Is likely untrue. I assume the Switch version of RE:R will be based on the PS4/XBO versions, which was 18.6gb, while RE:R2 was only around 6.8gb.

They likely cut down the original to fit on a 16gb card to save money.



LTD: PS4 - 130m, Switch - 110m, XBO - 52m

Wyrdness said:
spemanig said:

It's probably cheaper to manufacure.

Lest we remember that that matters now.

It's not cheaper to manufacture as the default space is 32GB so the cart that comes with RE:R1 can already hold the second game with out any extra cost, this move literally makes no sense on their part.

I agree. That makes no sense. Hopeful they hear all the complaints and put both on one 32g card.