Quantcast
Nintendo has crossed the line that even EA, Capcom, and Activision hasn't!

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo has crossed the line that even EA, Capcom, and Activision hasn't!

twintail said:
SpokenTruth said:

None of these are rare or hard to find though one has a price markup.

No.  The bottom of the packaging has a shield to prevent this.

 

On topic:

Crouched Samus - releases along side the game - Unlocks an extra enerry tank and an art gallery.

Escaping Metroid - releases along side the game - Locates nearby Metroids on map and unlocks Fusion difficulty mode.

Smash Bros Samus - on sales for $12.99 - Unlocks an extra missile tank and concept art gallery.

Zero Suit Samus - price marked up but not rare - Unlocks an extra energy tank and a soundtrack listening mode.

Those galleries and soundtrack is not amiibo locked right?

I'm not 100% certain but a couple of new websites seem to think so.  I haven't checked for an official statement from Nintendo yet.



Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."

Around the Network
SpokenTruth said:
twintail said:

Those galleries and soundtrack is not amiibo locked right?

I'm not 100% certain but a couple of new websites seem to think so.  I haven't checked for an official statement from Nintendo yet.

That would be dissappointing, but I suppose not surprising. 

Ill keep tabs on this thread if any updates come. thanks



SpokenTruth said:
Mr_No said:
You haven't even mentioned that some of those Amiibos were extremely hard to find, and now, extremely rare since Nintendo claims it had production issues with them.

None of these are rare or hard to find though one has a price markup.

Xenostar said:
genuine question can you just take your 3DS or switch to a store and just rub all the ammibos against it to unlock the stuff?

Still shit for those that dont have an an NFC 3DS

No.  The bottom of the packaging has a shield to prevent this.

 

On topic:

Crouched Samus - releases along side the game - Unlocks an extra enerry tank and an art gallery.

Escaping Metroid - releases along side the game - Locates nearby Metroids on map and unlocks Fusion difficulty mode.

Smash Bros Samus - on sales for $12.99 - Unlocks an extra missile tank and concept art gallery.

Zero Suit Samus - price marked up but not rare - Unlocks an extra energy tank and a soundtrack listening mode.

That is pretty bad. Apparently Nintendo knows damn well people don't care for Amiibos if they don't unlock extras.



Jumpin said:
archer9234 said:

Including Black Jack and Roullete?

I'm just going to politely point out that you're off topic and completely missing the point.

The point being that it's a stretch of logic to call figurines a toy, and if you're going to do that, you may as well consider videogames a toy; given the initial poster was talking about videogames and figurines. Board games have nothing to do with anything.

All or none. Don't cherry pick. I don't consider board games and video games toys. The only thing that these items share, is them being played with. I consider them entertainment, as movies are. Because they can range for many demographics. Toys in their core use, is for primarily kids. Lego is a toy, action figures/dolls are toys. NES ROB, light guns, and Amiibo are game addons/accessories. They have set rules and structure. Board games mainly require multiple people. A toy allows anything. You can use a Batman figure to be the villian in a Harry Potter castle set. I can't use Monoply money with Boggle. I can't take out Nathan Drake and put him in Pokemon. Than pretend he's Bastoise.



archer9234 said:
Jumpin said:

I'm just going to politely point out that you're off topic and completely missing the point.

The point being that it's a stretch of logic to call figurines a toy, and if you're going to do that, you may as well consider videogames a toy; given the initial poster was talking about videogames and figurines. Board games have nothing to do with anything.

All or none. Don't cherry pick. I don't consider board games and video games toys. The only thing that these items share, is them being played with. I consider them entertainment, as movies are. Because they can range for many demographics. Toys in their core use, is for primarily kids. Lego is a toy, action figures/dolls are toys. NES ROB, light guns, and Amiibo are game addons/accessories. They have set rules and structure. Board games mainly require multiple people. A toy allows anything. You can use a Batman figure to be the villian in a Harry Potter castle set. I can't use Monoply money with Boggle. I can't take out Nathan Drake and put him in Pokemon. Than pretend he's Bastoise.



I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network
Aeolus451 said:
BraLoD said:
I'm going to say it again: Amiibo is the worst thing to happen this gen.
Making DLC, which can already be a bad thing, physical and limited, which both make it harder and more expensive to get, is ridiculous.

What's truly ridiculous is that there's still alot of people who think that Nintendo doesn't use scarcity marketing even though amiibo are a thing and they mysteriously have "shortages" all the time.

They do that because they don't want to get stuck with a bunch of figurines no one wants.  That happened to one of the other "Toys-to-Life" products that is now discontinued, but I can't remember which one.  They only want to make what they know they can sell.



NNID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing/Backlog:
Wii U - Currently Gaming Like It's 2014 (Hyrule Warriors) - 11 games in backlog
3DS - Currently Gaming Like It's 2013 (Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon) - 7 games in backlog
PC - Currently Gaming Like It's 2009 (Borderlands) - 9 games in backlog
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links

theRepublic said:
Aeolus451 said:

What's truly ridiculous is that there's still alot of people who think that Nintendo doesn't use scarcity marketing even though amiibo are a thing and they mysteriously have "shortages" all the time.

They do that because they don't want to get stuck with a bunch of figurines no one wants.  That happened to one of the other "Toys-to-Life" products that is now discontinued, but I can't remember which one.  They only want to make what they know they can sell.

That might make sense now but what all of those years?



I really haven't cared very much for most things you unlock with amiibo. The games are still complete, and as long as that is good , i don't care.



lasershow said:
I really haven't cared very much for most things you unlock with amiibo. The games are still complete, and as long as that is good , i don't care.

The problem is: The games are complete to you. Not for others. People out there do count the sound test mode as apart of the game. And won't have 100% without it.



Aeolus451 said:
theRepublic said:

They do that because they don't want to get stuck with a bunch of figurines no one wants.  That happened to one of the other "Toys-to-Life" products that is now discontinued, but I can't remember which one.  They only want to make what they know they can sell.

That might make sense now but what all of those years?

It is a physical product, so they had to balance that for each individual figurine that was released.  It sucks, I know.  But that is why they do it.



NNID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing/Backlog:
Wii U - Currently Gaming Like It's 2014 (Hyrule Warriors) - 11 games in backlog
3DS - Currently Gaming Like It's 2013 (Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon) - 7 games in backlog
PC - Currently Gaming Like It's 2009 (Borderlands) - 9 games in backlog
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links