Quantcast
Senator John McCain casts deciding vote against "Skinny Repeal"

Forums - Politics Discussion - Senator John McCain casts deciding vote against "Skinny Repeal"

Healthcare you want for the US

Single Payer (All taxes) 83 57.24%
 
Multi-Payer (Government option) 24 16.55%
 
Heavy regulations (Capita... 6 4.14%
 
Moderate regulation 14 9.66%
 
No regulation 14 9.66%
 
Alternative Medicine 4 2.76%
 
Total:145

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jul/28/healthcare-bill-us-senate-votes-down-obamacare-skinny-repeal-revolt-by-john-mccain

 

Looks like Republicans realized their half-assed attempts and lack of transparancy when it comes to people's lives caught up to them. Time to move on.



(Formerly RCTjunkie)

Around the Network

This party had eight years to create a plan to replace Obamacare, and they cannot do it. The pathetic losers and their followers can only brag about how they "showed" the liberals how worthless they truly are



TargaryenVers2 said:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jul/28/healthcare-bill-us-senate-votes-down-obamacare-skinny-repeal-revolt-by-john-mccain

 

Looks like Republicans realized their half-assed attempts and lack of transparancy when it comes to people's lives caught up to them. Time to move on.

Hopefully we can now see some bipartisanship on this issue. Thank you Mccain for doing the right thing.



Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Thank goodness that the house and senate has had the most incompetent republicans of our time on place so that they can fail even when they have the majority 🙂.



I might actually die of shock the day Republicans can figure out how to actually govern.



Around the Network

It's obviously voter fraud. Millions of illegal immigrants in the senate are voting against the bill.



If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
For once McCain votes for the thing he's saying instead of the opposite. Good for him.

Also it's all the Democrat's fault.

I don't why the Democrats didn't vote for a bill they were locked out of which was drafted behind closed doors.  The nerve of them people...



barneystinson69 said:
TargaryenVers2 said:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jul/28/healthcare-bill-us-senate-votes-down-obamacare-skinny-repeal-revolt-by-john-mccain

 

Looks like Republicans realized their half-assed attempts and lack of transparancy when it comes to people's lives caught up to them. Time to move on.

Hopefully we can now see some bipartisanship on this issue. Thank you Mccain for doing the right thing.

And how will that work when Democrats want to extend Healthcare and Republicans cut it? Why would Democrats agree to any measures that would make Obamacare worse? And those are the only measures Republicans want to take.

They'd have a more realistic success with a bipartisan vote to impeach the president.



If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Is it over? At least as far as healthcare is concerned? Like, for real this time? No more fast, loose, and ultra shady attempts at repealing and/or replacing the ACA with some form of the AHCA? No more delays and necros in order to rebrand it and finagle more votes? Can we put this nightmare behind us for the foreseeable future? I want to believe...



TallSilhouette said:
Is it over? At least as far as healthcare is concerned? Like, for real this time? No more fast, loose, and ultra shady attempts at repealing and/or replacing the ACA with some form of the AHCA? No more delays and necros in order to rebrand it and finagle more votes? Can we put this behind us for the foreseeable future? I want to believe...

I'm waiting for one more Trump tweet that says it still has a chance then everyone deletes their Twitter account.