Quantcast
Splatoon 2 Review Thread! MC: 84

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Splatoon 2 Review Thread! MC: 84

Volterra_90 said:
Flilix said:
Reviewers seem to agree on this one. There aren't a lot of prefect scores nor very low scores, most reviews are 80-90.

I expect a low score from Slant, can't wait to see that 5-6/10! XD

Their review is already up, 6/10



Around the Network
John19 said:
Volterra_90 said:

I expect a low score from Slant, can't wait to see that 5-6/10! XD

Their review is already up, 6/10

Wow, that was surprising!



Boutros said:

85 on Metacritic: http://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/splatoon-2?ref=hp

 

IGN: 8.3 (Review in progress)

Gamespot: 8/10

We Got This Covered: 4.5/5

Polygon - 8

Eurogamer : Recommended

NintendoLife:  10/10

CoG Connected - 8.5/10

VideoGamer - 8/10

Game Informer 8.25/10

Destructoid : 8.5/10

Dayum!! :D



Some days I just blow up.

Cerebralbore101 said:
green_sky said:

 Looks good. 

Sauce please. 



Volterra_90 said:
John19 said:

Their review is already up, 6/10

Wow, that was surprising!

They gave a high score to the first Splatoon though.



Around the Network
Flilix said:
Volterra_90 said:

Wow, that was surprising!

They gave a high score to the first Splatoon though.

Yep, but that was a different reviewer. I think. I might be wrong though.



Looks like it will settle at around 83. This time without the content excuse... Dat Nintendo Life response to unfavorable reviews tho.

Pretty good scores regardless.



Well great score!I expected a bit more at 87, but at 84 is still very good, considering that the original game got a score of 81 and it was good and sold amazingly.

I think what it most hold it back was an amazing single player.The single player, by the looks of it, is just good, and they went safe most likely because of the time they had to make the game, so due to the they couldnt risk making something ambitious that could hold the release schedule back



I mean, I think the first one is a solid 8 through & though. Nintendolife seems to give anything release at least a 9 or 10. To be honest I try to avoid any reviewer that has the name of the console in their url. Not saying they can't be trusted. Just saying that I don't trust them.



PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

Nautilus said:
Well great score!I expected a bit more at 87, but at 84 is still very good, considering that the original game got a score of 81 and it was good and sold amazingly.

I think what it most hold it back was an amazing single player.The single player, by the looks of it, is just good, and they went safe most likely because of the time they had to make the game, so due to the they couldnt risk making something ambitious that could hold the release schedule back

A meaningful single player definitely would've dragged the game out of the "more of the same" category.



Carl is a Piplup hater and deserves to be punished eternally.