Forums - Sales Discussion - When Will The Switch Outsell the Xbox One?

?

Never
1st half 2018
2nd half 2018
1st half 2019
2nd half 2019
1st half 2020
2nd half 2020
1st half 2021
2nd half 2021
2022 and beyond

I think the Switch will eventually outsell the Xbox One. I think it will happen late 2020 or early 2021.



Around the Network
1st half 2018 as a poll option? I think that's literally impossible. Nintendo simply wouldn't be able to manufacture enough in time for that even if the demand was there

I have no idea though. Impossible to say since there's so little known about the future of Xbox One. How successful will the X be, do they have any big exclusives planned for 2018 or beyond and so on...

Ka-pi96 said:
1st half 2018 as a poll option? I think that's literally impossible. Nintendo simply wouldn't be able to manufacture enough in time for that even if the demand was there

I have no idea though. Impossible to say since there's so little known about the future of Xbox One. How successful will the X be, do they have any big exclusives planned for 2018 or beyond and so on...

Wanted to fill out all options.



2nd half of 2020. By then Pokemon will be out and it'll be a wrap.

Hard to tell. I'll say between 2nd half 2019 and 2nd half 2020.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. Winner gets avatar control for a month.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Okay, I'm a little confused here. When you say outsell do you mean the Xbox One's 30 mil sales as of now or it's lifetime sales? Because we don't know what Xbox One's lifetime sales are, and if you're saying Switch will sell 30 million by late 2020 or early 2021 , that's not that impressive.

By comparison, the Xbox One officially reached 26 million sales by January of 2017, it took about 1153 days. If we say the Switch sells 30 million from March 3rd to October 3rd of 2020, that's 1306 days. Not very impressive.

In conclusion : It depends *entirely* on how much sales you think Xbox One will get lifetime, or if you are putting it up against the current 28-30 million benchmark.

I've been feeling sad, I've been being sad!

Can't talk to my mom, don't even have a dad! 

I can't go on, what is living for?

My heart screams "I don't want you to live no more!!!" 

Eric we don't want you to die! Eric! Give life a try! Eric! We don't want you to die! Oh god no Eric!

Slarvax said:
Hard to tell. I'll say between 2nd half 2019 and 2nd half 2020.

In that fence too. Pokémon will determine it's fate.



SW Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Okay, I'm a little confused here. When you say outsell do you mean the Xbox One's 30 mil sales as of now or it's lifetime sales? Because we don't know what Xbox One's lifetime sales are, and if you're saying Switch will sell 30 million by late 2020 or early 2021 , that's not that impressive.

By comparison, the Xbox One officially reached 26 million sales by January of 2017, it took about 1153 days. If we say the Switch sells 30 million from March 3rd to October 3rd of 2020, that's 1306 days. Not very impressive.

In conclusion : It depends *entirely* on how much sales you think Xbox One will get lifetime, or if you are putting it up against the current 28-30 million benchmark.

I mean when will the Switch pass the Xbox One. So if the XB1 is at lets say 40mil by 2018 and the switch catches up and sell 40il+1. So i think end of 2020 XB1 will be around 55m and Switch 58m.



jason1637 said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Okay, I'm a little confused here. When you say outsell do you mean the Xbox One's 30 mil sales as of now or it's lifetime sales? Because we don't know what Xbox One's lifetime sales are, and if you're saying Switch will sell 30 million by late 2020 or early 2021 , that's not that impressive.

By comparison, the Xbox One officially reached 26 million sales by January of 2017, it took about 1153 days. If we say the Switch sells 30 million from March 3rd to October 3rd of 2020, that's 1306 days. Not very impressive.

In conclusion : It depends *entirely* on how much sales you think Xbox One will get lifetime, or if you are putting it up against the current 28-30 million benchmark.

I mean when will the Switch pass the Xbox One. So if the XB1 is at lets say 40mil by 2018 and the switch catches up and sell 40il+1.

Well that can change, it can pass it and then lose to it the next month. With the X and possibly a new Halo on Xbox, I wouldn't be surprised. If you just want to know exactly when it will pass it, I think it will be Quarter 2 of 2019. Late 2020 is extremely late when you consider Xbox One might not get any more growth months



I've been feeling sad, I've been being sad!

Can't talk to my mom, don't even have a dad! 

I can't go on, what is living for?

My heart screams "I don't want you to live no more!!!" 

Eric we don't want you to die! Eric! Give life a try! Eric! We don't want you to die! Oh god no Eric!

Around the Network

If it gets mainline Pokemon and Monster Hunter by then, second half of 2019.