Quantcast
Oddworld creator apologizes for remarks made about Satoru Iwata, more

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Oddworld creator apologizes for remarks made about Satoru Iwata, more

Alkibiádēs said:

Vgchartz are just made up numbers

Yes, made up numbers which are less then what the PS4 has actually sold.

How this thread turned into a ps4 vs switch argument is beyond me.



Predictions (Made July 2019)

LTD: PS4 - 130m, Switch - 110m, XBO - 52m       2019 : PS4 - 15m, Switch - 18.8m, XBO - 4.8m        2020: Switch - 22m (Peak Year)

Switch lite really screwed up my Switch prediction this year! Looks like it's going to be about 19.5m-20m for the Switch in 2019, 14.3m for PS4.

Around the Network
Barkley said:
Alkibiádēs said:

Vgchartz are just made up numbers

Yes, made up numbers which are less then what the PS4 has actually sold.

How this thread turned into a ps4 vs switch argument is beyond me.

Which is why the PS4 is all of a sudden posting big numbers on Vgchartz last few weeks. Those numbers aren't reality. Vgchartz is just compensating for their under-tracking. 

It just shows how unreliable they are and it also means you can't compare the PS4's last few weeks with the Switch. 



"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

SegataSanshiro said:

Keep milking a 20 year old game you douche.

Funny comment when we are talking about oddworld AND NIntendo here



 

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
SegataSanshiro said:

Keep milking a 20 year old game you douche.

Funny comment when we are talking about oddworld AND NIntendo here

How so?



deskpro2k3 said:

The dude didn't have to apologize at all for talking figuratively. Besides the Iwata comment, everything is on point.

Its a very, very poor choice of words.

People who can't control their tongue probably should not be on the news.



Around the Network
Nautilus said:
deskpro2k3 said:

 if you want to get technical lets see how far that success goes with minimal third party support. I mean look at the charts, PS4 is already out selling the NS globally.

Please, lets not turn this into a flamming war or just posting to get under people skins.The Wii U had nothing to do with what he was talking about.If you cant keep it civil, please just dont comment.

pardon me my good fellow vgcharter, what part of my hard facts is not civil? Besides that, the switch had nothing to do with my original statement anyways, I was pointing out that he is right about third party devs having a tough time with Nintendo.



 

RavenXtra said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

Funny comment when we are talking about oddworld AND NIntendo here

How so?

I took mario 64 and sunshine etc, but yes, fuck the oddworld devs for milking.


 

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

 

RavenXtra said:

How so?

I took mario 64 and sunshine etc, but yes, fuck the oddworld devs for milking.

Nintendo makes more than Mario games, you'd have more of a leg to stand on if they kept releasing the original Super Mario Bros. over and over. Not to mention that other things like Mario Maker and 3D Land aren't "milking" the series at all. 3D Land introduced new gameplay and Mario Maker was a player-driven level creator. Besides, I never chastized the guy for milking a game, only his poor choice of words and lack of restraint when it comes to a sensitive topic.



RavenXtra said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

 

I took mario 64 and sunshine etc, but yes, fuck the oddworld devs for milking.

Nintendo makes more than Mario games, you'd have more of a leg to stand on if they kept releasing the original Super Mario Bros. over and over. Not to mention that other things like Mario Maker and 3D Land aren't "milking" the series at all. 3D Land introduced new gameplay and Mario Maker was a player-driven level creator. Besides, I never chastized the guy for milking a game, only his poor choice of words and lack of restraint when it comes to a sensitive topic.

Never said you did, i was not even talking to you in the first place, you the one that quoted me.



 

deskpro2k3 said:
Nautilus said:

Please, lets not turn this into a flamming war or just posting to get under people skins.The Wii U had nothing to do with what he was talking about.If you cant keep it civil, please just dont comment.

pardon me my good fellow vgcharter, what part of my hard facts is not civil? Besides that, the switch had nothing to do with my original statement anyways, I was pointing out that he is right about third party devs having a tough time with Nintendo.

Then discuss about third parties and whatnot, but dont make this a PS4 vs Switch discussion.Dont make this a "my console of choice is better because of reasons and yours sucks because of reasons" especially when those said reasons are not made up by the whole story.