Quantcast
Official Nintendo Switch Third Party Society - (Updated to October 4)

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Nintendo Switch Third Party Society - (Updated to October 4)

Volterra_90 said:
Minor update for you guys:

- Before posting the February numbers, I'd like to ask everyone who's willing to give this opinion about something I was thinking about how to add new data to this tread. And I thought it'd be interesting, from now on, to state if the third party games you bought are physical/digital so I can establish a ratio every month. This is an idea that crossed my mind, but it'd demand that you post, not just the game, but its origin (physical or digital). If you find this option attractive, just let me know so I can work with it. I'll also try to do some graphs from now on and post them for anyone who's interested, but those graphs will come with the March update. So, also, let me know in which variables would you like to include in these graphs.

- Also, be a bit patient with me, because I'm working on improving the way I manage data from now on to make things easier and more easy-going for me. I need some time to get used to manage this kind of data, so that could take some time. Also, when the numbers come in, let me know if I missed something or numbers are a bit wonky. I'd try hard to not make that happen, but as every human, we tend to fail at times.

- Keep posting your games, an update will come this week with last month's numbers. Just be sure to check them, this is a transition month, so it's harder to me to keep things correctly, but I'll do my best.

Only if the physical/digital ratio isn't too much for you to add. I would hope you don't work yourself too hard taking care of the thread.



Around the Network

I like the physical/digital ratio idea.



Volterra_90 said:
Minor update for you guys:

- Before posting the February numbers, I'd like to ask everyone who's willing to give this opinion about something I was thinking about how to add new data to this tread. And I thought it'd be interesting, from now on, to state if the third party games you bought are physical/digital so I can establish a ratio every month. This is an idea that crossed my mind, but it'd demand that you post, not just the game, but its origin (physical or digital). If you find this option attractive, just let me know so I can work with it. I'll also try to do some graphs from now on and post them for anyone who's interested, but those graphs will come with the March update. So, also, let me know in which variables would you like to include in these graphs.

- Also, be a bit patient with me, because I'm working on improving the way I manage data from now on to make things easier and more easy-going for me. I need some time to get used to manage this kind of data, so that could take some time. Also, when the numbers come in, let me know if I missed something or numbers are a bit wonky. I'd try hard to not make that happen, but as every human, we tend to fail at times.

- Keep posting your games, an update will come this week with last month's numbers. Just be sure to check them, this is a transition month, so it's harder to me to keep things correctly, but I'll do my best.

I'd like to see an end to the reverse racism, but that might be going against the original spirit of this thread. I really don't see the point in giving preferential treatment to third party games and treating first party games as lesser games. I'd like to see both first and third party games to be included, but of course you can keep a split for an overall total and even for individual users. That in turn would also be a good basis for interesting graphs, seeing how many percent of the total games bought are either first party or third party.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

Volterra_90 said:

And I thought it'd be interesting, from now on, to state if the third party games you bought are physical/digital so I can establish a ratio every month.

Hi! We haven't been formally introduced - I'm the sucker who is working his way towards purchasing every physical Switch release. I've been posting all along, whether my purchase is digital or physical (in fact, I got screwed on Tales of the Tiny Planet because I've now purchased that game TWICE - once digital and once physical!!!) and so yeah, I would LOVE to see a breakdown of physical-to-digital!!! ;)

Looking forward to your updates, man - THANKS AGAIN for taking up the charge and keeping this thread off life-support...  :D



RolStoppable said:
Volterra_90 said:
Minor update for you guys:

- Before posting the February numbers, I'd like to ask everyone who's willing to give this opinion about something I was thinking about how to add new data to this tread. And I thought it'd be interesting, from now on, to state if the third party games you bought are physical/digital so I can establish a ratio every month. This is an idea that crossed my mind, but it'd demand that you post, not just the game, but its origin (physical or digital). If you find this option attractive, just let me know so I can work with it. I'll also try to do some graphs from now on and post them for anyone who's interested, but those graphs will come with the March update. So, also, let me know in which variables would you like to include in these graphs.

- Also, be a bit patient with me, because I'm working on improving the way I manage data from now on to make things easier and more easy-going for me. I need some time to get used to manage this kind of data, so that could take some time. Also, when the numbers come in, let me know if I missed something or numbers are a bit wonky. I'd try hard to not make that happen, but as every human, we tend to fail at times.

- Keep posting your games, an update will come this week with last month's numbers. Just be sure to check them, this is a transition month, so it's harder to me to keep things correctly, but I'll do my best.

I'd like to see an end to the reverse racism, but that might be going against the original spirit of this thread. I really don't see the point in giving preferential treatment to third party games and treating first party games as lesser games. I'd like to see both first and third party games to be included, but of course you can keep a split for an overall total and even for individual users. That in turn would also be a good basis for interesting graphs, seeing how many percent of the total games bought are either first party or third party.

I swore to GOD, I was going to ignore anything and everything you post from now on - but on this, I simply cannot resist.

How can you possibly be a "founder" of this thread, but dislike the OP content? That makes absolutely no sense to me - not that much of what you post makes sense to me, anyway. But this is far and wide, an absolute paradox. Please enlighten...



Around the Network
TalonMan said:
RolStoppable said:

I'd like to see an end to the reverse racism, but that might be going against the original spirit of this thread. I really don't see the point in giving preferential treatment to third party games and treating first party games as lesser games. I'd like to see both first and third party games to be included, but of course you can keep a split for an overall total and even for individual users. That in turn would also be a good basis for interesting graphs, seeing how many percent of the total games bought are either first party or third party.

I swore to GOD, I was going to ignore anything and everything you post from now on - but on this, I simply cannot resist.

How can you possibly be a "founder" of this thread, but dislike the OP content? That makes absolutely no sense to me - not that much of what you post makes sense to me, anyway. But this is far and wide, an absolute paradox. Please enlighten...

Founders are the people who joined the thread during the first week of its existence. It doesn't mean any more than that.

Here's my first post in this thread: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8462397

The percentage split that I mentioned in the post you just quoted isn't something random.

But more important than everything else, you should never ignore me. You can learn so many interesting things if you keep reading my posts and engage in conversations with me.

Last edited by RolStoppable - on 14 March 2018

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

RolStoppable said:
TalonMan said:

I swore to GOD, I was going to ignore anything and everything you post from now on - but on this, I simply cannot resist.

How can you possibly be a "founder" of this thread, but dislike the OP content? That makes absolutely no sense to me - not that much of what you post makes sense to me, anyway. But this is far and wide, an absolute paradox. Please enlighten...

Founders are the people who joined the thread during the first week of its existence. It doesn't mean any more than that.

Here's my first post in this thread: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8462397

The percentage split that I mentioned in the post you just quoted isn't something random.

But more important than everything else, you should never ignore me. You can learn so many interesting things if you keep reading my posts and engage in conversations with me.

...humor me - how many 1st party titles have you purchased?

And no - there is very little of interest, I glean from your posts. I used to find you humorous, but now you're like an irritating pebble in my shoe. I assure you, I'm gritting my teeth even continuing this conversation as far as I have, already. :(



TalonMan said:

...humor me - how many 1st party titles have you purchased?

And no - there is very little of interest, I glean from your posts. I used to find you humorous, but now you're like an irritating pebble in my shoe. I assure you, I'm gritting my teeth even continuing this conversation as far as I have, already. :(

I have five first party games by the definition used in this thread. In reality I have six, because Picross S should be counted as a first party game.

You must overcome your own prejudice. Anyone who can handle kirby007 should have no problem with me.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

RolStoppable said:

Anyone who can handle kirby007 should have no problem with me.

This is where you're absolutely wrong.

To be honest, there was a time when I definitely thought you two were the same - hell, you could have been alt accounts, you were so damn similar...     ...but whereas Kirby has always limited his insults to Thundercats, you've recently decided to be more than a little disrespectful towards me personally and on more than one occasion, which I don't appreciate. Kirby has been willing, ready (and is actively working) to help pull a dead and buried feature off the ground with me (the Prediction League) - while the only "help" you've been willing to offer, is that of being a moderator. So no, you guys aren't even close to being the same.

 

Please don't continue this conversation any further - I took the bait as far as I'm willing to go, and I don't want to discuss it with you any more. You've answered all the questions I had in regards to this topic, so thanks for that and I'm good. I'm not interested in discussing anything else with you...



TalonMan said:
RolStoppable said:

Anyone who can handle kirby007 should have no problem with me.

This is where you're absolutely wrong.

To be honest, there was a time when I definitely thought you two were the same - hell, you could have been alt accounts, you were so damn similar...     ...but whereas Kirby has always limited his insults to Thundercats, you've recently decided to be more than a little disrespectful towards me personally and on more than one occasion, which I don't appreciate. Kirby has been willing, ready (and is actively working) to help pull a dead and buried feature off the ground with me (the Prediction League) - while the only "help" you've been willing to offer, is that of being a moderator. So no, you guys aren't even close to being the same.

 

Please don't continue this conversation any further - I took the bait as far as I'm willing to go, and I don't want to discuss it with you any more. You've answered all the questions I had in regards to this topic, so thanks for that and I'm good. I'm not interested in discussing anything else with you...

I would be a great help as moderator. For example, I could ban the people who are disrespectful towards you.

You don't need to discuss this any further. Consider it a test for your willpower to not respond to my post.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club