Quantcast
Recommend Me A Good Configuration

Forums - PC Discussion - Recommend Me A Good Configuration

In my current setup made in 2014
- a 128Go SSD for Windows, antivirus, basic softs...
- a 128Go SSD for everything I download from internet, and then I copy to the larger HDD
- Last but not least, a 500Go SSD for Steam. Games load in an instant.

I've Crucial M4, and Samsung 800... Never had any issues.



Around the Network
JEMC said:
OdinHades said:
If you're aiming for 4K, go for a 1070 because future proving and shit. 1060 can run a lot of games in 4K, but it already struggles with some and it will only get worse in the future. So I'd say for that a 1070 is the minimum, better yet 1080. If you're like "fuck 4K" then the 1060 is good enough though.

CPU doesn't matter too much, get anything with i7 on it and it will run games of the next 10 years no problem. I would recommend Ryzen though. It's a really nice and relatively cheap platform. About dat RAM, doesn't matter either. Even 8 gigs are enough for gaming. As the prices for RAM are through the roof right now, I's recommend just getting a single 8 gigs DIMM and upgrading once the prices go down again.

RAM prices won't go down anytime soon. With more and more smartphones using DDR4 memory, the demand right now is simply too high.

RAM usage was also growing a year ago, but ram prices (wholesale at least) plummeted. I know this because I was (and still am) invested in a company that makes RAM and they dropped like hell a year ago.



Captain_Yuri said:
LipeJJ said:

About $2000. I hope that's enough. xD if not, pls tell me how much more would be needed.

Jeez, with that kind of money, assuming it's usd, you can get a 1080 Ti + an i7.

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/W9GXzM

Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/W9GXzM/by_merchant/

 

CPU: Intel - Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($328.89 @ OutletPC) 

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master - Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($29.84 @ Amazon) 

Motherboard: Asus - STRIX Z270-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($189.49 @ SuperBiiz) 

Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($134.99 @ Newegg) 

Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($169.99 @ Dell Small Business) 

Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($48.44 @ OutletPC) 

Video Card: Asus - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB STRIX GAMING Video Card  ($768.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Case: Corsair - Crystal 460X RGB ATX Mid Tower Case  ($129.99 @ Newegg) 

Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($103.49 @ SuperBiiz) 

Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit  ($133.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Total: $2038.10

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-06-11 13:22 EDT-0400

You can get even lower than that but I just quickly did it.

Great! Very useful info, and I'm really glad to know the budget is enough for such a good pç set up. And yes, It's in US dollars. To be honest, that's still considered cheap compared to what a fucking MacBook cost here (it starts at $2500 with intel graphics - I know the purpose is different, but still... xD)



Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

LipeJJ said:

Im seriously starting to consider getting a 1080ti guys, especially if it lasts a good time (3 years) running games that well. Can it tho? 

I own 1080 Ti and 4k TV. My system can run 4k@60fps easily. 4k@30fps is guaranteed for years.



In my current setup made in 2014
- a 128Go SSD for Windows, antivirus, basic softs...
- a 128Go SSD for everything I download from internet, and then I copy to the larger HDD
- Last but not least, a 500Go SSD for Steam. Games load in an instant.

I've Crucial M4, and Samsung 800... Never had any issues.



Around the Network
LipeJJ said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Jeez, with that kind of money, assuming it's usd, you can get a 1080 Ti + an i7.

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/W9GXzM

Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/W9GXzM/by_merchant/

 

CPU: Intel - Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($328.89 @ OutletPC) 

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master - Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($29.84 @ Amazon) 

Motherboard: Asus - STRIX Z270-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($189.49 @ SuperBiiz) 

Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($134.99 @ Newegg) 

Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($169.99 @ Dell Small Business) 

Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($48.44 @ OutletPC) 

Video Card: Asus - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB STRIX GAMING Video Card  ($768.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Case: Corsair - Crystal 460X RGB ATX Mid Tower Case  ($129.99 @ Newegg) 

Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($103.49 @ SuperBiiz) 

Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit  ($133.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Total: $2038.10

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-06-11 13:22 EDT-0400

You can get even lower than that but I just quickly did it.

Great! Very useful info, and I'm really glad to know the budget is enough for such a good pç set up. And yes, It's in US dollars. To be honest, that's still considered cheap compared to what a fucking MacBook cost here (it starts at $2500 with intel graphics - I know the purpose is different, but still... xD)

Yea well $2000 usd pc will get you pretty much the best PC that is possible on the market today before entering the HEDT grade PCs. For gaming though, the pc I suggested will last you a very long time. I'd wait for Volta (which might releases somewhere between Q3 this year to early next year) if you really want to be serious about 4k gaming but other than that, the setup is really high end.



             

                               Anime: Haruhi                                                                                      Anime: Love Live
                              Nsfw Anime Thread                                                                             Join our Anime Threads!
                             Sfw Anime Thread                                                                                VGC Tutorial Thread

Qwark said:
LipeJJ said:

About $2000. I hope that's enough. xD if not, pls tell me how much more would be needed.

Interesting! Thanks for the info. Yeah, I was worried that would be the case for 1060. Btw, I know it's not simple, but do you think a 1070 would do its job for 3 years? 

As long as 4k 30fps is your goal I wouldn't see why not. Your rig is considerably more powerful than a Scorpio if that's any indication. But if you want to be truely sure there is always the GTX1080. Buy the MSI one btw since it looks awesome and has better cooling than the original.

 

If you buy a 1080TI you can play games at 4k/30 for at least the next 5 years. You would also have a great GPU for VR btw.

monocle_layton said:
1080ti will obliterate anything you want for the next 5 years. Heck, it'll probably still be usable for much longer

pretty sure it'd be capable of 4k/60fps
antigin said:
LipeJJ said:

Im seriously starting to consider getting a 1080ti guys, especially if it lasts a good time (3 years) running games that well. Can it tho? 

I own 1080 Ti and 4k TV. My system can run 4k@60fps easily. 4k@30fps is guaranteed for years.

Nice! That's exactly what I want: a long term investment. I think it's definitely worth it.

Captain_Yuri said:
LipeJJ said:

Great! Very useful info, and I'm really glad to know the budget is enough for such a good pç set up. And yes, It's in US dollars. To be honest, that's still considered cheap compared to what a fucking MacBook cost here (it starts at $2500 with intel graphics - I know the purpose is different, but still... xD)

Yea well $2000 usd pc will get you pretty much the best PC that is possible on the market today before entering the HEDT grade PCs. For gaming though, the pc I suggested will last you a very long time. I'd wait for Volta (which might releases somewhere between Q3 this year to early next year) if you really want to be serious about 4k gaming but other than that, the setup is really high end.

Interesting. I was going to build it later this year anyway, so I'll def wait for it then. And the reason I care about 4K on PC is bc I want it to offer me something consoles can't. I plan on getting a good 4K monitor with it as well (separate budget), but that will be for another thread. haha 



Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

LipeJJ said:

Captain_Yuri said:

Yea well $2000 usd pc will get you pretty much the best PC that is possible on the market today before entering the HEDT grade PCs. For gaming though, the pc I suggested will last you a very long time. I'd wait for Volta (which might releases somewhere between Q3 this year to early next year) if you really want to be serious about 4k gaming but other than that, the setup is really high end.

Interesting. I was going to build it later this year anyway, so I'll def wait for it then. And the reason I care about 4K on PC is bc I want it to offer me something consoles can't. I plan on getting a good 4K monitor with it as well (separate budget), but that will be for another thread. haha 

Yea then waiting would probably be better. It is rumored that intel will also refresh their i7/i5 with 6 core cpus too. So if that happens, then u get 2 extra cores and if not... You will still get higher performance anyway!



             

                               Anime: Haruhi                                                                                      Anime: Love Live
                              Nsfw Anime Thread                                                                             Join our Anime Threads!
                             Sfw Anime Thread                                                                                VGC Tutorial Thread

CPU : R5 1600 | $210 link
Mobo : MSI B350M Gaming Pro | $80 link
RAM : Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2X8GB) 3000MHz | $127 (Ryzen is memory speed sensitve) link
Power Supply Unit : EVGA 650 G1 | $80 link
Case : Corsair Carbide 270R | $70 link
SSD : Samsung 960 EVO 256GB | $128 link
HDD : WD Blue 1TB | $50 link
Graphics card :  Gigabyte GTX 1080Ti Gaming OC | $700 link

This should come to around $1500 USD (Without the OS, Either get a OEM key, Linux or pirate Windows)

The R5 1600 has six cores and comes with a cooler that will allow it to overclock a bit.
The case is nice (if you want a better looking case I recommend going for a case with tempered glass).

You can get the price down a bit more by shopping around, but this is a good starting point.



Teeqoz said:
JEMC said:

RAM prices won't go down anytime soon. With more and more smartphones using DDR4 memory, the demand right now is simply too high.

RAM usage was also growing a year ago, but ram prices (wholesale at least) plummeted. I know this because I was (and still am) invested in a company that makes RAM and they dropped like hell a year ago.

Really? I only check prices every now and then, and they seem to either remain stable or raise, but not drop.



Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.