Quantcast
XBOX SCORPIO YOU MUST CALL XBOX 10 S

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - XBOX SCORPIO YOU MUST CALL XBOX 10 S

The most powerful console running the most restricted version of an unstable OS. I don't think MS sees the problem here. Remember when the Xbox 360 OS could run in 32MB's of RAM and had a great interface? Those were the days.



Around the Network
WolfpackN64 said:
The most powerful console running the most restricted version of an unstable OS. I don't think MS sees the problem here. Remember when the Xbox 360 OS could run in 32MB's of RAM and had a great interface? Those were the days.

Unstable? They just managed to squeeze another gig of ram out of the OS and reserve it for developers.

If it was unstable on the Scorpio, this simply wouldn't be possible.



"XBOX SCORPIO YOU MUST CALL XBOX 10 S"

No, nobody can force me to, I can call it what I want.



It's definitely X105 and not X10S.



ironmanDX said:
WolfpackN64 said:
The most powerful console running the most restricted version of an unstable OS. I don't think MS sees the problem here. Remember when the Xbox 360 OS could run in 32MB's of RAM and had a great interface? Those were the days.

Unstable? They just managed to squeeze another gig of ram out of the OS and reserve it for developers.

If it was unstable on the Scorpio, this simply wouldn't be possible.

Of course the Xbox One Scorpio wouldn't need to run teh background apps that make up the largest part of Windows terrible RAM managment, so they have that advantage, but unless they have a seperate update scheme for the Xbox, running Windows 10 S would make it a lesser console.



Around the Network
ironmanDX said:
WolfpackN64 said:
The most powerful console running the most restricted version of an unstable OS. I don't think MS sees the problem here. Remember when the Xbox 360 OS could run in 32MB's of RAM and had a great interface? Those were the days.

Unstable? They just managed to squeeze another gig of ram out of the OS and reserve it for developers.

If it was unstable on the Scorpio, this simply wouldn't be possible.

Squeeze another gig out of the OS? That's still 3GB for a console OS, a 96x increase compared to the 360!



WolfpackN64 said:
ironmanDX said:

Unstable? They just managed to squeeze another gig of ram out of the OS and reserve it for developers.

If it was unstable on the Scorpio, this simply wouldn't be possible.

Of course the Xbox One Scorpio wouldn't need to run teh background apps that make up the largest part of Windows terrible RAM managment, so they have that advantage, but unless they have a seperate update scheme for the Xbox, running Windows 10 S would make it a lesser console.

With Windows 10s being announced just 3-4 weeks ago, you sound like you have had extensive time with it.  What new device have you purchased with windows 10s on it?



It is near the end of the end....

I prefer scorpio. I hope the alternative name is better then xbox 10 S



Predicted this over a week ago

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8435538

OdinHades said:
Exactly what I predicted earlier. Even before that video teaser became public.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8435213

Me too! High five



SvennoJ said:
ironmanDX said:

Unstable? They just managed to squeeze another gig of ram out of the OS and reserve it for developers.

If it was unstable on the Scorpio, this simply wouldn't be possible.

Squeeze another gig out of the OS? That's still 3GB for a console OS, a 96x increase compared to the 360!

Wow. That's actually quite amazing.