Quantcast
Nautilus E3 Expectations and Dreams for Nintendo

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nautilus E3 Expectations and Dreams for Nintendo

Due to the sheer size that my Expectation and dream thread that I wrote ended up becoming, Ill break it up in four segments: MS, Sony, Nintendo, and thrid parties in general.For this one, Ill focus in Nintendo.And as a general rule, each segement focus on the game that said company own.No third parties entries for the big three!

This is the most interesting of the three. Not only because they have a new system in the wild, a system that goes by the name Switch, but because outside of the first year, we know nothing about whats comming to it. Hell, even most of the first year lineup games are still shrouded in mystery, such as Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Super Mario Oddysey, Fire Emblem Warriors and that mysterious Ubisoft game… *cough* Mario vs Rabbids *cough*.We should also see the second DLC for Breath of the Wild. So we will see all of those games on the show, both in the Spotlight segment and in the Treehouse segment, along with the likeliness of seeing some of the second party games announced back in January, like Project Octopath Traveler, and Nintendo will reserve some time for the third party stuff, that will surely appear, even if a little.As for Metroid, I dont think we are going to hear anything about it, at least not at this E3. I do believe that one is being developed, but since Nintendo will focus on games releasing on 2017 and (what I guess) going to release up to mid 2018, Metroid wont be shown. Animal Crossing though, is something that will be displayed. The mobile game is bound to release within this fiscal year, and it stand to reason that the actual game will release soon after that to capitalize on the attention its little brother gets. And since the mobile release isnt that far off, the possibility of the actual console game presence on E3 is significant.

Outside of games, we will definitely hear more about Nintendo online services for the hardware, along with more details about how the Virtual Console will work on it. I personally believe that the initial Virtual Console catalogue will consist of existing games on both the Virtual Console of the Wii U and 3DS, along with a few more entries, such as Gamecube games. To finish that segment, they will finally announce Mother 3 will be localized to the West through the Virtual Console.

As for the 3DS side, nothing will be shown in the Spotlight. Nothing. The Spotlight will be used exclusively to promote the Switch and everything related to it. 3DS will touched upon only at the Treehouse segment, which I believe will mix 3DS games with Switch games. And whatever new announcement Nintendo wants to make for the 3DS will be made betwenn the games shown at it.

For what I dream of being shown at the show, is the new game that Retro is working on, and that it is a new IP.We all want a new Metroid game, but I will personally be much more interested having Retro work on something entirely new that they have pitched to Nintendo, and thus trying something new.Imagine Retro tackling a big and ambitious adventure game in the veins of Uncharted or Tomb Raider, or making a edgier first person shooter like Metroid, but without the restrains that comes with that brand and having the creative freedom to do whatever they like? My mind simply melts thinking of such possibilities.

One game that I really want Nintendo to go back to is Golden Sun. This franchise holds so much potential, being potentially the best RPG franchise on the GBA. And while the DS title, Dark Dawn, was its weakest entry, it was still a good game. Given that the Switch is also a portable device and that it is also starting to receive, and primed to be, a great console to RPG lovers, Golden Sun deserves a second chance.The game would just need the same breath of fresh air that recent Nintendo titles got and seems to have gotten, like Breath of the Wild, Super Mario Oddysey and ARMS.



Around the Network

Im only looking forward to 3rd party games like Xenoblade 2, Lost Sphear and maybe Bayonetta 3 if thats possible. Release dates in particular. Cause like... I need them.



And maybe a new Metroid and a non-"real 3d Mario" cause they've been awesome and people in this forum have no appreciation for quality.



Jpcc86 said:
Im only looking forward to 3rd party games like Xenoblade 2, Lost Sphear and maybe Bayonetta 3 if thats possible. Release dates in particular. Cause like... I need them.



And maybe a new Metroid and a non-"real 3d Mario" cause they've been awesome and people in this forum have no appreciation for quality.

Xenoblade is 1st party



Japan Switch Sales comparison vs 3ds and Wii u: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=226216&page=1

My expectations have been tuned to low!
By the looks of it, Nintendo is not really interested in showing off 2018. A shame.
I think Retro will show something and my guess is that it's either a shooter or an action/adventure type of game.


My dreams would come true if Nintendo announced a Super Mario Bros 4/SMworld 2 (a direct sequel)/SMB 2 direct sequel.
A SNes mini would also make me happy, too.
Would really like to see a true MarioxSonic game!

My second biggest dream is also a direct sequel do the first Zelda...
When i saw the "game" they created to make BoTW, NES style, i really liked it and it reminded me that going back to that Zelda type of game would be great!

Also, i have seen Nintendo doing really great graphics/artwork with Mario 3D World and BoTW and i really wish Nintendo would create a new IP that can be, visually, as good as those 2 games - even if it more like BoTW.
Either an action/adventure or platformer would that visual quality would be awesome!



uran10 said:
Jpcc86 said:
Im only looking forward to 3rd party games like Xenoblade 2, Lost Sphear and maybe Bayonetta 3 if thats possible. Release dates in particular. Cause like... I need them.



And maybe a new Metroid and a non-"real 3d Mario" cause they've been awesome and people in this forum have no appreciation for quality.

Xenoblade is 1st party

Its published by, but not developed by Nintendo, does it still count as 1st party? Geniune question. 



Around the Network
Jpcc86 said:
uran10 said:

Xenoblade is 1st party

Its published by, but not developed by Nintendo, does it still count as 1st party? Geniune question. 

Nintendo fully owns the company.
I too thought that MS was independent, but that's not the case.



DélioPT said:
Jpcc86 said:

Its published by, but not developed by Nintendo, does it still count as 1st party? Geniune question. 

Nintendo fully owns the company.
I too thought that MS was independent, but that's not the case.

Oh, I didn't know they owned it. Well in that case im looking  forward to 3rd party games AND Xenoblade 2. 



Jpcc86 said:
uran10 said:

Xenoblade is 1st party

Its published by, but not developed by Nintendo, does it still count as 1st party? Geniune question. 

It is fully developed by nintendo, since Monolith Soft is a part of Nintendo( see it like the name of a team).

After all this time, I dont understand why people still are confused about who owns Monolithsoft



DélioPT said:

My expectations have been tuned to low!
By the looks of it, Nintendo is not really interested in showing off 2018. A shame.
I think Retro will show something and my guess is that it's either a shooter or an action/adventure type of game.


My dreams would come true if Nintendo announced a Super Mario Bros 4/SMworld 2 (a direct sequel)/SMB 2 direct sequel.
A SNes mini would also make me happy, too.
Would really like to see a true MarioxSonic game!

My second biggest dream is also a direct sequel do the first Zelda...
When i saw the "game" they created to make BoTW, NES style, i really liked it and it reminded me that going back to that Zelda type of game would be great!

Also, i have seen Nintendo doing really great graphics/artwork with Mario 3D World and BoTW and i really wish Nintendo would create a new IP that can be, visually, as good as those 2 games - even if it more like BoTW.
Either an action/adventure or platformer would that visual quality would be awesome!

Well, if they keep this strategy of having a big release every one month and a half, and if my theory is correct(of that they will cover the games up to mid 2018), then we could potentially see 4 new big games, outside of one ore two for 2017.Its a great proposition in my opinion.

Snes mini, if it even exists, wont be announced here.E3 will be the moment to focus entirely on the Switch and carry its momentum foward.They will do absolutely nothing that might prejudice that, and such an announcement would do just that.

Something that i havent put there(if I had wrote everything I wanted this would be even longer than it already is, and it is already massive the whole text i have written) is that I hoped for an original horror/ survival horror IP from Nintendo.That would be VERY interesting.But I am already masking too much of Nintendo, so Im not wishing for that..... this E3.



Nautilus said:
Jpcc86 said:

Its published by, but not developed by Nintendo, does it still count as 1st party? Geniune question. 

It is fully developed by nintendo, since Monolith Soft is a part of Nintendo( see it like the name of a team).

After all this time, I dont understand why people still are confused about who owns Monolithsoft

You're right. Monolith is as much Nintendo as Retro studios. Many people still get confused. 



Think for yourself, question authority