Quantcast
Have you ever suffered from drug addiction? How did you get out/how are you coping with it?

Forums - General Discussion - Have you ever suffered from drug addiction? How did you get out/how are you coping with it?

Dark_Lord_2008 said:
Druggies are victims of drugs. We should not judge them for being addicted to drugs. A bad childhood, unfortunate circumstances in life leads to people taking drugs.

Yes and desperation and war leads people to blow themselves up at concerts. Or take any other even in Europe/the Midfle East the last couple of years. Using drugs is bad and should always be condemned by society. It's a business which gets lots of innocent people killed in South America and everyone who uses drugs is a part of that problem. Also the US should stop using opiates as painkillers since they are addictive as fuck.



Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network
Qwark said:
Dark_Lord_2008 said:
Druggies are victims of drugs. We should not judge them for being addicted to drugs. A bad childhood, unfortunate circumstances in life leads to people taking drugs.

Yes and desperation and war leads people to blow themselves up at concerts. Or take any other even in Europe/the Midfle East the last couple of years. Using drugs is bad and should always be condemned by society. It's a business which gets lots of innocent people killed in South America and everyone who uses drugs is a part of that problem. Also the US should stop using opiates as painkillers since they are addictive as fuck.

That's a direct result of it beind condemned and penalised so heavily though. If it were legalised and regulated then that wouldn't happen.

It also sounds like you're equating using drugs with terrorism which is just ridiculous. I don't know about you but I'd MUCH rather someone were to become a drug addict than a terrorist...



Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

Pemalite said:
Boost6 said:

I Dont give a fuck about criminal scum, at all.  

Every drug dealer and junkie should get 1 chance then death penalty.  

Death penalty? Nah. And I am glad to live in a country that abolished it decades ago.

They would be better served being thrown into jail, given rehab.
And forced to pay back society, make them farm the land in an enclosed environment and donate that food to the poor and homeless. At-least some good comes from it all.

So progressive, nothing better then living in society knowing pedophiles mass murders and rapists and terrorists get to live on the dime of the tax payers and  good chance they get one one day.   

Nothing but tax dollers wasted on criminal scum, awesome.  

They are a drain on society, will never pay back anything.  

The rest is plain delusional.



Boost6 said:
Pemalite said:

Death penalty? Nah. And I am glad to live in a country that abolished it decades ago.

They would be better served being thrown into jail, given rehab.
And forced to pay back society, make them farm the land in an enclosed environment and donate that food to the poor and homeless. At-least some good comes from it all.

So progressive, nothing better then living in society knowing pedophiles mass murders and rapists and terrorists get to live on the dime of the tax payers and  good chance they get one one day.   

Nothing but tax dollers wasted on criminal scum, awesome.  

They are a drain on society, will never pay back anything.  

The rest is plain delusional.

Being addicted isn't nearly as bad as raping or murdering people.

The only thing you can blame drug addicts for, is being stupid. But I'm quite sure that in some situations, you and I would make the same mistakes.



Boost6 said:
SpokenTruth said:

It doesn't.  And I have a feeling they don't care if it solves it or not.  Some people just simply don't give a damn about others and the circumstances they endure.

I Dont give a fuck about criminal scum, at all.  

Every drug dealer and junkie should get 1 chance then death penalty.  

That's disgusting



Around the Network
Qwark said:
VGPolyglot said:

So, if it's "just weakness" like you say, how would going to jail solve that?

It doesn't but you can't do criminal activities that hurt society while in jail to get money for drugs.

And that tactic obviously doesn't work, because recidivism is very high.



AlfredoTurkey said:

People have long since ignored the science and psychology of addiction. The same can be said about things like depression. People who do not suffer from something can't fully understand it. From their point of view, it's just stupid people being stupid etc. They ignore the science, because if they didn't, it would force them to have a different point of view and put themselves in a place of luck, not success. See, if someone walks around thinking that addiction is pure choice and depression is "just a bad mood", then that makes them strong and intelligent. It makes them feel like they're a better person. It validates their self-worth. If they buy into the science of it all, then all of a sudden, theyre just lucky. They're not better, more intelligent, tougher etc. They just won out in some random genetic game of chance and had all of that handed to them.

To understand human behavior, you have to get into the psychology of it all. Once you do, everything becomes really fucking clear and people become really fucking predictable and obvious. 

You said it so well here. It's all about how the addiction is created and maintained within the human psyche and the exterior life circumstances revolving around it. The majority of these things are out of our control even if we want to believe we are conscious of all the choices which may or may not lead to addiction.



I cannot imagine toilet-free life.

Kebabs have a unique attribute compared to other consumables. To unlock this effect you need to wolf down a big ass kebab really fast, like under 10 minutes or so and wait for the effect to kick in. If done correctly your movements should feel unbelievably heavy to the point where you literally cannot move at all.

-Downtown Alanya Kebab magazine issue no.198

VGPolyglot said:
Qwark said:

It doesn't but you can't do criminal activities that hurt society while in jail to get money for drugs.

And that tactic obviously doesn't work, because recidivism is very high.

It's not a permanent solution but it is a temporal one. If you don't put them in jail innocent people need to pay for their addiction in what world is that fair. You can't sober everyone up since its too costly rehab is a very intensive and costly business. If you would put every junky in rehab and a large percentage will still go back to using drugs it would cost billions of dollars in the US alone. In a perfect world you would everyone with their addiction in this world however these funds can better be spend on Healthcare and education.



Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Qwark said:
VGPolyglot said:

And that tactic obviously doesn't work, because recidivism is very high.

It's not a permanent solution but it is a temporal one. If you don't put them in jail innocent people need to pay for their addiction in what world is that fair. You can't sober everyone up since its too costly rehab is a very intensive and costly business. If you would put every junky in rehab and a large percentage will still go back to using drugs it would cost billions of dollars in the US alone. In a perfect world you would everyone with their addiction in this world however these funds can better be spend on Healthcare and education.

I don't think you realize how much putting a person in jail costs. It's very expensive, so the money argument doesn't make sense.



TheLegendaryWolf said:
Natsu said:

Lol go to highschool I've been offered free weed a crap ton. still never done it though :P it smells awful anyways

Agreed. To me it smells like a run-over skunk, I'll never understand how people who smoke it can stand the smell.

Pavlonian effect.  You come to associate the smell of weed with the sensation of being high, which makes it smell pretty awesome. 

 

Qwark said:
Dark_Lord_2008 said:
Druggies are victims of drugs. We should not judge them for being addicted to drugs. A bad childhood, unfortunate circumstances in life leads to people taking drugs.

Yes and desperation and war leads people to blow themselves up at concerts. Or take any other even in Europe/the Midfle East the last couple of years. Using drugs is bad and should always be condemned by society. It's a business which gets lots of innocent people killed in South America and everyone who uses drugs is a part of that problem. Also the US should stop using opiates as painkillers since they are addictive as fuck.

O_o... So... putting a substance into your body is the equivelant of trying to blow up teenage girls at a concert?  Okay then Mr. Mackey.  Gotta lay off those PSAs.

VGPolyglot said:
JWeinCom said:
If you're concerned about addiction to anxiety medication, you could probably take anti-depressants, which treat some of the same symptoms. From my knowledge most of them are not habit forming. I actually forget to take mine pretty often. They take a long time (we're talking weeks) to actually start having an effect, so there's no reason you'd feel the urge to just pop a pill. You wouldn't notice anything if you did.

Hmm. Have you noticed a big difference pre-meds and post-meds?

Don't know if I'd say big difference, but definitely a difference.  I'd still classify myself as depressed a good deal of the time, but the lows aren't as low.  I used to have full blown don't want to get out of bed depressive episodes once or twice a year, and since taking antidepressants for three years, its only happened once and was far less severe.  It's hard to say though how much of that to attribute to the medication and how much to attribute to other changes.