Quantcast
Trump revealed highly classified information to Russian foreign minister and ambassador

Forums - Politics Discussion - Trump revealed highly classified information to Russian foreign minister and ambassador

Puppyroach said:
barneystinson69 said:

Lol. So we dont even know who the source is? Not surprised though, Washington Post will print anything bad on trump, even if its false.

Not knowing the source is kind of a given part of having reliable journalism. And what is your opinion on this if it turns out to be true?

Then obviously thats bad. But we don't know that, and frankly the amount of media coverage for the evidence we've been given is insane. There has been little evidence, but those who hate Trump want to grasp at straws nonetheless. They don't even try not showing their partisanship, which is extremely sad. If this is all the democrats can do, they won't gain ANYTHING in the midterms, and stand to lose seats in the senate...



Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Around the Network

So it's pretty much confirmed, despite all the denials here. A lot of people seem to be very quick to outright deny all the leaks about Trump administration, despite a lot of leaks having been true in the past as well. I'd be more understanding if these people expressed uncertainty, but no, they seem to know the leaks can't be true, usually mainly because it's reported by the mainstream media they consider untrustworthy.

Anyway, I'm not sure Trump really has the right to share the information. At the very least, he doesn't have the right from the source, but I'm thinking he might have to declassify the documents a bit anyway before sharing. I'm not sure though. Either way, if he wasn't intended to share that information, it was probably for a good reason and he didn't exactly do well in sharing the information even if he did actually have the right (legally; like I said, apparently the source didn't give a permission to this).

EDIT: Fine, I'll let the dates be in Finnish if Twitter really insists... Sorry, Twitter's fault!



Hmm... Let's see... Trump, President of the United States of America, declassifies information and shares with Russia, which his position as President of the United States of America allows him to, no rules broken.

The only rule he's broken is shitting on the Russophobes in the House and Senate...



It was Britain, it is America, tomorrow France and next year, the world... 

Warning: This poster has a very negative opinion of Sony and Nintendo, Idea Factory and companies Tecmo Koei, EA, BioWare, Blizzard, Treyarch, Infinity Ward, Kadokawa and Sega. If you have very positive views of these and a negative view of Microsoft or Bethesda Game Studios, AVOID ENGAGEMENT AT ALL COSTS! 

    There's a template to all these scandals, has anyone else noticed?

    #1 Scandal happens in the administration, caused by Trump.
    #2 The white house denies, denies, denies and tries to do damage control.

    And then, (This will most likely happen in the next couple of days)

    #3 Trump goes on a late night twitter rant or official interview and completely undermines/destroys the narrative that the white house and all his people built up to try and cover up the story.

    #4 ... Start another scandal to distract from the last one.



    outlawauron said:
    Slarvax said:

    "Our anonymous source is more reliable than their anonymous source."

    Uhh, the person giving the statement is the source. He said he was in the room.

    So, I wonder how many people are going to read the title and assume its truth despite statements to the contrary.

    ETA: I'll be waiting to we hear more information because anonymous sources aren't always trustworthy.

    Both officials have carefully parsed their words to deny something that was never claimed to begin with.  So it looks like they are denying the accusation when they actually have not.

    That said, no White House administration, regardless of party, is going to admit to something like this. 

    AsGryffynn said:
    Hmm... Let's see... Trump, President of the United States of America, declassifies information and shares with Russia, which his position as President of the United States of America allows him to, no rules broken.

    The only rule he's broken is shitting on the Russophobes in the House and Senate...

    Actually, if the intelligence was gathered and is owned by a foreign ally and we (the US, Trump, Executive branch, White House, etc...) have not been given dissemination rights to that information, then we've just violated a lot of security protocols and severely damaged the trust and relationship we have with that ally and others.  Who wants to trust the US if we're just going to share the information with Russia?



    Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."

    Around the Network
    outlawauron said:
    Slarvax said:

    "Our anonymous source is more reliable than their anonymous source."

    Uhh, the person giving the statement is the source. He said he was in the room.

    So, I wonder how many people are going to read the title and assume its truth despite statements to the contrary.

    ETA: I'll be waiting to we hear more information because anonymous sources aren't always trustworthy.

    Modify the story. Comment on the story. Pretty binary PR. "as reported, is false." is perfect example of that.

    "They said this", "I was there, that didn't happen". The second part "I was there, that didn't happen" refers only to the first part. So by changing the first part you are changing the story.  Thus the comment "I was there, and that didn't happen" is only true when you modify the original statement.

    Fairly good articles out there explaining this. http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/politics/ct-hr-mcmaster-trump-classified-information-denial-20170515-story.html



    • Deadliest mass shooting by an individual in US history (10/01/2017)
    • Deadliest high school shooting in US history (02/14/2018)
    • Deadliest massacre of Jews in US history (10/27/2018)
    • Political assassination attempt of TWO former presidents(and 10+ other people)  (10/23/2018 - and beyond)
    SpokenTruth said:
    outlawauron said:

    Uhh, the person giving the statement is the source. He said he was in the room.

    So, I wonder how many people are going to read the title and assume its truth despite statements to the contrary.

    ETA: I'll be waiting to we hear more information because anonymous sources aren't always trustworthy.

    Both officials have carefully parsed thei rwords to deny something that was never claimed to begin with.  So it look slike they are denying the accusation when they actually have not.

    That said, no White House administration, regardless of party, is going to admit to something like this. 

    AsGryffynn said:
    Hmm... Let's see... Trump, President of the United States of America, declassifies information and shares with Russia, which his position as President of the United States of America allows him to, no rules broken.

    The only rule he's broken is shitting on the Russophobes in the House and Senate...

    Actually, if the intelligence was gathered and is owned by a foreign ally and we (the US, Trump, Executive branch, White House, etc...) have not been given dissemination rights to that information, then we've just violated a lot of security protocols and severely damaged the trust and relationship we have with that ally and others.  Who wants to trust the US if we're just going to share the information with Russia?

    This has been the MO though, hasn't it? Will continue to wait for to continue to unfold. It's looking more like Trump talked to Russia about ISIS, but we don't much beyond that yet?



    barneystinson69 said:
    Puppyroach said:

    Not knowing the source is kind of a given part of having reliable journalism. And what is your opinion on this if it turns out to be true?

    Then obviously thats bad. But we don't know that, and frankly the amount of media coverage for the evidence we've been given is insane. There has been little evidence, but those who hate Trump want to grasp at straws nonetheless. They don't even try not showing their partisanship, which is extremely sad. If this is all the democrats can do, they won't gain ANYTHING in the midterms, and stand to lose seats in the senate...

    Trump himself confirmed he did this. No fake news here. What is your response now?



    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

    Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

    vivster said:
    Fei-Hung said:
    What I really don't understand in this story is, American secret service agencies found critical information on ISIS that could probably help take them out. ISIS are a bunch of misfits and do not have anything remotely near secret agents or even normal level intelligence.

    So with this important bit of information, rather than using it with allies to take out ISIS, they sat on this information instead and at some point thought hmm let's share this with Trump.

    As much as I dislike Trump, this is the biggest piece of BS I've heard. Logically, it makes no sense. Historically, it makes no sense. Critical information has always been shared with allies asap to help take the enemy down through coordinated attacks.

    Maybe the rumours of Baghdadi being a Mossad agent are true and that was the information that was leaked in which case allies would be pissed.

    Or maybe they did share it with allies but didn't consider the Russians as trustworthy allies to also share it with them? I wouldn't trust a country that's shielding Syrian dictators and annexes neighbors.

    But then people wouldn't trust a country that supports dictators, groups which follow extremist ideologies either yet Britain and America are allies with Saudi, India and Israel. I think the point is, no need of these ass hats can be trusted. 



    Whoever said life to be like a box of chocolates clearly didn't know what he was talking about. 

    Life is more like a game of bumper cars. At every turn there is a possibility you will get screwed.

    Brainslug said:
    There's a template to all these scandals, has anyone else noticed?

    #1 Scandal happens in the administration, caused by Trump.
    #2 The white house denies, denies, denies and tries to do damage control.

    And then, (This will most likely happen in the next couple of days)

    #3 Trump goes on a late night twitter rant or official interview and completely undermines/destroys the narrative that the white house and all his people built up to try and cover up the story.

    #4 ... Start another scandal to distract from the last one.

    It's enough I start feeling bad for people.

    a) Trump does something stupid. B) people report it. C) people come to trumps defense "wapo is fake news". D) Trump confirms it. E) now those people that came to his defense look clueless, and now have no credability.

    At what point do those people that constantly come to his defense stop because they are tired of constantly playing the fool?



    • Deadliest mass shooting by an individual in US history (10/01/2017)
    • Deadliest high school shooting in US history (02/14/2018)
    • Deadliest massacre of Jews in US history (10/27/2018)
    • Political assassination attempt of TWO former presidents(and 10+ other people)  (10/23/2018 - and beyond)