Quantcast
Left leaning ABC network cancels Last Man Standing.

Forums - Politics Discussion - Left leaning ABC network cancels Last Man Standing.

Bandorr said:
glimmer_of_hope said:

First off you don't know me. Just because I don't post often doesn't mean I don't ome here daily....which I do!

I don't read blaze/breitbart.........so.........

It's not about reading...it's about understanding! So because I say something about bias against the right......that make me right leaning? If I felt that Stephen Colbert got sacked for his Left leaning bias....I would blow a gasket too....or CNN. Im about eqality. 

It's amzing how the right can be bashed and no one says a thing. Or you show some support for the right and people call you out. Look how many anti Trump posts are on this site alone!

It's like when people say if you didn't vote for Hilary....you were auotmatically a Trump supporter. 

You don't read blaze.. but you link to the blaze. You don't read blaze/breitbart -but they just BOTH happen to have articles about this recently? So it is just coincidence that you created a thread for the first time in 4 years.. that just happens to be echoing what BOTH of those are saying right now?

Your writing shows who you are. It is quite clear to anyone that reads your writing that you were demonizing one group, and playing the victim card for the other.

Compare ""Why is the Left so against free speech? " to  "Why have we seen several left-leaning groups show opposition to free speach?

And you will see it is light and dark. One is overflowing with bias, and one is trying to be rational.

The blaze fired someone for what they said. For or against? Republicans are up in arms over what colbert said on his LATE NIGHT show. For or against?

Trump sued twitter trying to unmask an account because of what they said. Literally him trying to stifle free speech. For or against?

That is just three examples recently.

I have no reason to lie. I just told you that I don't read anything from either one of those companies.

Compare ""Why is the Left so against free speech? " to  "Why have we seen several left-leaning groups show opposition to free speach? They mean the exact same thing! You think if i worded the other way people wouldn't draw their own conclusion? People would still say im bias towards the right, it doen't matter how it worded. You draw conclusions from nothing! So what are you rambling on about?



                                  Gaming Away Life Since 1985


Around the Network
glimmer_of_hope said:
Bandorr said:

You don't read blaze.. but you link to the blaze. You don't read blaze/breitbart -but they just BOTH happen to have articles about this recently? So it is just coincidence that you created a thread for the first time in 4 years.. that just happens to be echoing what BOTH of those are saying right now?

Your writing shows who you are. It is quite clear to anyone that reads your writing that you were demonizing one group, and playing the victim card for the other.

Compare ""Why is the Left so against free speech? " to  "Why have we seen several left-leaning groups show opposition to free speach?

And you will see it is light and dark. One is overflowing with bias, and one is trying to be rational.

The blaze fired someone for what they said. For or against? Republicans are up in arms over what colbert said on his LATE NIGHT show. For or against?

Trump sued twitter trying to unmask an account because of what they said. Literally him trying to stifle free speech. For or against?

That is just three examples recently.

I have no reason to lie. I just told you that I don't read anything from either one of those companies.

Compare ""Why is the Left so against free speech? " to  "Why have we seen several left-leaning groups show opposition to free speach? They mean the exact same thing! You think if i worded the other way people wouldn't draw their own conclusion? People would still say im bias towards the right, it doen't matter how it worded. You draw conclusions from nothing! So what are you rambling on about?

Yeah I'm done. If you can't even tell the HUGE glaring difference between the two - you are either in denial, or actively playing this naive character.

Words matter. The order of the words matter. This is not a zero sum game. You can't add up all the letter and compare them. "they mean the same, so it comes across the same" is delusional.

Also notice how you avoided all my questions? Freedom of speech is suppose to be protection from the government and yet Donald Trump sued twitter literally trying to find out who was behind an account. He was literally trying to violate the Freedom of speech. Yet you avoid that.

Are you just here to pick a fight?



  • Deadliest mass shooting by an individual in US history (10/01/2017)
  • Deadliest high school shooting in US history (02/14/2018)
  • Deadliest massacre of Jews in US history (10/27/2018)
  • Political assassination attempt of TWO former presidents(and 10+ other people)  (10/23/2018 - and beyond)
glimmer_of_hope said:
Bandorr said:

You don't read blaze.. but you link to the blaze. You don't read blaze/breitbart -but they just BOTH happen to have articles about this recently? So it is just coincidence that you created a thread for the first time in 4 years.. that just happens to be echoing what BOTH of those are saying right now?

Your writing shows who you are. It is quite clear to anyone that reads your writing that you were demonizing one group, and playing the victim card for the other.

Compare ""Why is the Left so against free speech? " to  "Why have we seen several left-leaning groups show opposition to free speach?

And you will see it is light and dark. One is overflowing with bias, and one is trying to be rational.

The blaze fired someone for what they said. For or against? Republicans are up in arms over what colbert said on his LATE NIGHT show. For or against?

Trump sued twitter trying to unmask an account because of what they said. Literally him trying to stifle free speech. For or against?

That is just three examples recently.

I have no reason to lie. I just told you that I don't read anything from either one of those companies.

Compare ""Why is the Left so against free speech? " to  "Why have we seen several left-leaning groups show opposition to free speach? They mean the exact same thing! You think if i worded the other way people wouldn't draw their own conclusion? People would still say im bias towards the right, it doen't matter how it worded. You draw conclusions from nothing! So what are you rambling on about?

Compare ""Why is the Left so against free speech? " to  "Why have we seen several left-leaning groups show opposition to free speach? 

 

The latter does not generalize, making it more accurate and avoiding pointless conflict.



Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

 

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

glimmer_of_hope said:

Approximately 2 months after Tim Allen said in an interview with Jimmy Kimmel that Hollywood acts like "1930's Germany" for basically having conservative views the show was cancelled even after having strong ratings.

The guy is an idiot then, as 30s germany was not left leaning liberal at all, it was very right wing conservative.

Also you might want to check out hollywood and all strata in the 40s-50s with the maccarthyism witchhunts where people were blacklisted for having left leaning viewpoints



Why does it matter if they are "left leaning" or not?

TV networks cancel shows all the time. Deal with it.



Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

Around the Network
Bandorr said:
glimmer_of_hope said:

I have no reason to lie. I just told you that I don't read anything from either one of those companies.

Compare ""Why is the Left so against free speech? " to  "Why have we seen several left-leaning groups show opposition to free speach? They mean the exact same thing! You think if i worded the other way people wouldn't draw their own conclusion? People would still say im bias towards the right, it doen't matter how it worded. You draw conclusions from nothing! So what are you rambling on about?

 

Words matter. The order of the words matter. This is not a zero sum game. You can't add up all the letter and compare them. "they mean the same, so it comes across the same" is delusional.

 

Lol, I tried to tell him that quite a few times already...

 

My problem with this whole thing is that it was formulated as an accusation, assumed that these people actually considered opposing free speech a quality (not something that was sacrificed, or even a neutral), and implied that ths was an inherent trait of leftist politics. 



Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

 

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

palou said:
Bandorr said:

 

Words matter. The order of the words matter. This is not a zero sum game. You can't add up all the letter and compare them. "they mean the same, so it comes across the same" is delusional.

 

Lol, I tried to tell him that quite a few times already...

 

My problem with this whole thing is that it was formulated as an accusation, assumed that these people actually considered opposing free speech a quality (not something that was sacrificed, or even a neutral), and implied that ths was an inherent trait of leftist politics. 

There is such a huge difference I have to believe anyone that can't see the difference is just pretending. Not knowing the difference before is fine. But afterwards?

Which is a shame I'd actually like to see that discussed. I started thinking about it when Bernie Sanders(and one more person I can't recall) that was actually in FAVOR of Ann Coulter speaking.

I can't really decide in my head. On one hand I really dislike(hate) hate speech of any kind.  Yet I am open to letting anyone talk or discuss to an extent. So what draws line separating it? When does "free speech" become "hate speech". Should you allow hate speech? It becomes indoctrating and just offensive at one point - but what is that point?

Clearly any discussion like this is impossible in a thread like this.



  • Deadliest mass shooting by an individual in US history (10/01/2017)
  • Deadliest high school shooting in US history (02/14/2018)
  • Deadliest massacre of Jews in US history (10/27/2018)
  • Political assassination attempt of TWO former presidents(and 10+ other people)  (10/23/2018 - and beyond)
Bandorr said:
glimmer_of_hope said:

I have no reason to lie. I just told you that I don't read anything from either one of those companies.

Compare ""Why is the Left so against free speech? " to  "Why have we seen several left-leaning groups show opposition to free speach? They mean the exact same thing! You think if i worded the other way people wouldn't draw their own conclusion? People would still say im bias towards the right, it doen't matter how it worded. You draw conclusions from nothing! So what are you rambling on about?

Yeah I'm done. If you can't even tell the HUGE glaring difference between the two - you are either in denial, or actively playing this naive character.

Words matter. The order of the words matter. This is not a zero sum game. You can't add up all the letter and compare them. "they mean the same, so it comes across the same" is delusional.

Also notice how you avoided all my questions? Freedom of speech is suppose to be protection from the government and yet Donald Trump sued twitter literally trying to find out who was behind an account. He was literally trying to violate the Freedom of speech. Yet you avoid that.

Are you just here to pick a fight?

They are the same thing man! Just worded differently! One is beating around the bush, the other is getting to the point! It's not delusional, it's fact! You know damned well statement b) will be considered the same as statement a). 

Look at you.....you insinuate I read these magazines simply becasue I share an opinion! You jumped to conclusions.

Avoided your questions? There was no indication you actually wanted me to answer those questions, I thought you were making a point. Why the hell would I avoid your questions.....here.....

1) If an employee is againt their companies agenda in which they were hired. Agree

2) Rep seem to have something against Presidents and blow jobs.....we all know Dems especially Clinton have no problem with blow jobs. Agree

3) Trump can sue who ever he wants. That has nothing to do with free speech.....literally nothing! Neither agree nor disagree

I like how you say Republicans and LATE NIGHT.......in your last question lol. Clearly you are for Colberts joke? And you refer to them as Republicans, you consider yourself a Demorcat?

You also insinuate ALL REPUBLICANS are against Colberts LATE NIGHT (lol) joke.......hypocrite!



                                  Gaming Away Life Since 1985


NanakiXI said:
LeeH said:
I just want to take a second and point out the OP got all upset over being insulted when they started the thread out by insulting countless individuals just for leaning left. If that doesn't prove how crazy and pointless this thread is then I don't know what could. To get to the point, the most likely reason ABC cancelled Last Man Standing was probably related to (wait for it) business. To further prove my point, Walt Disney Co (owns ABC) gave 2 million dollars (almost half of their 2016 contributions) to a super pac in support of Marco Rubio.

Just to point out to you, he never personally insulted anyone in this thread and I don't see any edits. I don't necessarily agree with him on thread topic, but he has been more civil than most replies in this thread. I lean left and right on many topics myself, but can also listen to anyone with a relevant and coherent debate.

On another note, I believe the theory that these actors are overpaid and cut into budget. Hopefully it's nothing political, because I watch tv to be entertained and not to be told what I should believe.

I'm falling to see why it matters if (s)he responded to someone directly saying "you suck". (S)he basically did that on a wide scale by insulting everyone that leaned left just for leaning left. This individual called them communist, called them intolerant, and said they were against free speech. I don't see that as being any more civil then the responses the OP got back.



Bandorr said:
NanakiXI said:

You're really bashful aren't you? Let me ask you this. Is your opinion so great because your frequency of posting on an Internet forum for video games exceeds his? If it bothers you so much, shouldn't you just ignore it?

Also same could be said for your obviously "junior high level" response. Really didn't want to go there, but the whole kettle calling the pot black thing bothers me.

You are connecting two thought that go together like oil and water. My opinion is not based on my amount of posts. It is the rarity of the thread creation,  not the posts themselves.

My question is the logic of this thread in the first place. Why would someone that post so rarely, and who hasn't created a thread in 4 years - choose a mostly video game website to discuss this?

What about this topic is special enough to warrant creating a thread after 4 years?

He could have 20,000,000 post and I would ask the exact same question.

And if someone is going to try and play semantics with "I didnt say I am left or right" I'm going to point out the glaring points.

All I'm going to say is this. You mentioned his post count originally, not I. You mentioned two things and I chose one of the two as a reference point for this reply. It's not so much as oil and water, as it's peanut butter and peanut spread. Although I do see your point on the semantics, after reading a couple of other threads he has replied in. Although I don't view his responses as necessarily having negative intentions.



FootballFan - "GT has never been bigger than Halo. Now do a comparison between the two attach ratios and watch GT get stomped by Halo. Reach will sell 5 million more than GT5. Quote me on it."