Quantcast
Left leaning ABC network cancels Last Man Standing.

Forums - Politics Discussion - Left leaning ABC network cancels Last Man Standing.

glimmer_of_hope said:
monocle_layton said:

Yes. I'm sick and tired of threads which purposely label the left or right as demons. It's nothing more than a hypocritical attempt to label oneself as superior (or others as inferior) by portraying others as some sort of bogey-man

Thats life buddy! Anything else and you would be a mindless drone in a world of nothingness! And I am allowed to share my opinion! If you don't like it, then don't read or respond. But no you would rather shut down an entire thread because you don't like it? What a joke.

Your life must really suck if labeling other people as demons and your group as superior is normal to you. Sharing opinions is fine, painting everything black and white is not.



Around the Network
Zkuq said:
glimmer_of_hope said:

Thats life buddy! Anything else and you would be a mindless drone in a world of nothingness! And I am allowed to share my opinion! If you don't like it, then don't read or respond. But no you would rather shut down an entire thread because you don't like it? What a joke.

Your life must really suck if labeling other people as demons and your group as superior is normal to you. Sharing opinions is fine, painting everything black and white is not.

My life is quite fine thanks! Where did you get "demons and superior" from? What I said what it's life for people to have different opinions and you need to deal with it! This is life, the real world! We all cannot be censored and live in sancutuary cities! Nice try in spinning in some other directiuon though lol



                                  Gaming Away Life Since 1985


shikamaru317 said:
SegataSanshiro said:

May is Renew/Cancel season and ratings are not always the most important factor. Budget plays a part as well. Tim Allen is likley not cheap. His increasing sallary plus the others on the show likely were choking the shows budget and was just no longer viable. My brother has worked at CBS since 1990 and seen many shows get the axe despite ratings were good sometimes just due to actors getting expensive. On Fox Star Trek the Next Generation had 1 more season under contract but the actors cost too much for the shows budget.

It is possible that it is budget oriented as you say, because Tim Allen is a big name and probably pretty expensive. But nobody else on the cast is famous, and the main cast is smaller than Modern Family (9 members versus 12), so I would think that having less main cast members would offset the cost of Tim. Regardless, I really do hope that some other network or Netflix/Amazon/Hulu picks it up, there is so little programming out there that is geared toward conservatives and Last Man Standing was the best of the bunch. Sigh, well at least we still have The Ranch on Netflix. 

Does that show orient to conservatives? I've watched Part 1, but I didn't notice that.



LeeH said:
I just want to take a second and point out the OP got all upset over being insulted when they started the thread out by insulting countless individuals just for leaning left. If that doesn't prove how crazy and pointless this thread is then I don't know what could. To get to the point, the most likely reason ABC cancelled Last Man Standing was probably related to (wait for it) business. To further prove my point, Walt Disney Co (owns ABC) gave 2 million dollars (almost half of their 2016 contributions) to a super pac in support of Marco Rubio.

Just to point out to you, he never personally insulted anyone in this thread and I don't see any edits. I don't necessarily agree with him on thread topic, but he has been more civil than most replies in this thread. I lean left and right on many topics myself, but can also listen to anyone with a relevant and coherent debate.

On another note, I believe the theory that these actors are overpaid and cut into budget. Hopefully it's nothing political, because I watch tv to be entertained and not to be told what I should believe.



FootballFan - "GT has never been bigger than Halo. Now do a comparison between the two attach ratios and watch GT get stomped by Halo. Reach will sell 5 million more than GT5. Quote me on it."

glimmer_of_hope said:
Nem said:

A TV station is a company. It's not your deliverer of free speech. It's an organization with employees and directors. They have the authority to fire whoever they want aslong as they follow the rules of employment.

How could you read what I wrote an assume the tv show was the source of freemdom of speech.....and not shutting down speeches at Berkeley ?

You have to make up your mind over what you want to discuss. You are bringing up alot of different topics and trying to peg them to the "left" that has nothing to do with it.

I would say this is propaganda and i wish the moderators did something about it.



Around the Network

To much projecting of personal feelings and misinterpreting in this thread to be a viable discussion. If people either responding to the OP or the OP himself would just take a moment to actually understand and discuss with each other and not dismiss the other persons views completely. Then we could have a civil and constructive conversation and maybe even learn how to fix problems. Left, middle or right; regardless we are going to have to live with each other wether we like it or not.



FootballFan - "GT has never been bigger than Halo. Now do a comparison between the two attach ratios and watch GT get stomped by Halo. Reach will sell 5 million more than GT5. Quote me on it."

Nem said:
glimmer_of_hope said:

How could you read what I wrote an assume the tv show was the source of freemdom of speech.....and not shutting down speeches at Berkeley ?

You have to make up your mind over what you want to discuss. You are bringing up alot of different topics and trying to peg them to the "left" that has nothing to do with it.

I would say this is propaganda and i wish the moderators did something about it.

Excuse me? I am responding to direct quotes from you and nothing more! I never said shutting down a television show is a violation of free speech, I said shutting down people making speeches is a violation of free speech! And now you are bringing up propaganda. You should moderate yourself, you are the one who is all over the place.



                                  Gaming Away Life Since 1985


Kylar18 said:
shikamaru317 said:

It is possible that it is budget oriented as you say, because Tim Allen is a big name and probably pretty expensive. But nobody else on the cast is famous, and the main cast is smaller than Modern Family (9 members versus 12), so I would think that having less main cast members would offset the cost of Tim. Regardless, I really do hope that some other network or Netflix/Amazon/Hulu picks it up, there is so little programming out there that is geared toward conservatives and Last Man Standing was the best of the bunch. Sigh, well at least we still have The Ranch on Netflix. 

Does that show orient to conservatives? I've watched Part 1, but I didn't notice that.

To a degree. It is considered to be a red-state comedy, meaning that it is geared towards viewers in the states that almost always vote Republican, but it's definitely not as geared toward conservatives as Last Man Standing was.



NanakiXI said:
To much projecting of personal feelings and misinterpreting in this thread to be a viable discussion. If people either responding to the OP or the OP himself would just take a moment to actually understand and discuss with each other and not dismiss the other persons views completely. Then we could have a civil and constructive conversation and maybe even learn how to fix problems. Left, middle or right; regardless we are going to have to live with each other wether we like it or not.

I agree, but I can't sit idle when being attacked personally....I never will. The crazy thing is like i said before im neither left nor right. And to be clear it is easier for me to say left/right because i'm Canadian. We have Liberal/Conservative so it just easier instead of Lib/Con/Rep/Dem..... 



                                  Gaming Away Life Since 1985


glimmer_of_hope said:
Zkuq said:

Your life must really suck if labeling other people as demons and your group as superior is normal to you. Sharing opinions is fine, painting everything black and white is not.

My life is quite fine thanks! Where did you get "demons and superior" from? What I said what it's life for people to have different opinions and you need to deal with it! This is life, the real world! We all cannot be censored and live in sancutuary cities! Nice try in spinning in some other directiuon though lol

It's good those things aren't a part of your life after all. This is a good clarification and I can't really argue with it. Anyway, I picked 'demons' and 'superior' straight from the post you replied to. Considering the post you replied to and the content of your reply, I don't think my interpretation was unwarranted.