Quantcast
April 2017 NPD Thread! Switch #1 (280k), Mario Kart: 550k

Forums - Sales Discussion - April 2017 NPD Thread! Switch #1 (280k), Mario Kart: 550k

DaveTheMinion13 said:
MK8 should easily win, Persona is still rather small compared to it......and PS4 users have a lot more to choose from than Switch owners

Conversely, there are many more PS4 users than Switch users.



Around the Network
KLAMarine said:
DaveTheMinion13 said:
MK8 should easily win, Persona is still rather small compared to it......and PS4 users have a lot more to choose from than Switch owners

Conversely, there are many more PS4 users than Switch users.

When has that made a differnce with exclusives? Mk8 sold like 8+ million on the Wii Us 13 million install base. When you have a product with not much else to offer besides your titles and indies.......your titles should sale great. No one is buying a Ninty console for other AAA games, like most people buy PS4s for them instead of exclusives. 

 

Ps2 exclusives werent much higher/some even lower sales with a 150 million install base. Persona 4 didnt light up the world on it lol



Preston Scott

80-90% of current switch owners will buy MK8 whereas only roughly 3% of PS4 owners will by Persona 5.

Sony has great exclusive games but they usually have an attach rate of less than 5-10%.

In fact, not a single PS4 exclusive to date has an attach rate of more than 15%.

Hell, only 4 out of every 100 PS4 owners bought HZD! (2.61m sales to 60 million consoles is only a 4% attach rate)

People that say PS4 has sold so well because of it's exclusives make me laugh.

It sells so well because it's got the best versions of all multi platform games... Until this fall anyway.





Dreamcast won April NPD (in our hearts).



   
   
Around the Network

No PR yet not even total play times. That's kind unfortunate. Was expecting at least nintendo to release sales. But i guess that mk8 day one sales was enough pr for this month.



     

Check out my lastest games review: Fast RMX and  Snipperclips: Cut it out Together

So no HW numbers?



Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

DaveTheMinion13 said:
KLAMarine said:

Conversely, there are many more PS4 users than Switch users.

When has that made a differnce with exclusives? Mk8 sold like 8+ million on the Wii Us 13 million install base. When you have a product with not much else to offer besides your titles and indies.......your titles should sale great.

Not always: WiiU has exclusives that apparently didn't sell too hot.

DaveTheMinion13 said:

No one is buying a Ninty console for other AAA games

AAA third party games aren't made for Nintendo consoles to begin with.

DaveTheMinion13 said:

Ps2 exclusives werent much higher/some even lower sales with a 150 million install base. Persona 4 didnt light up the world on it lol

The real question is why are Mario Kart and Persona being compared to begin with?



DonFlamenco said:

80-90% of current switch owners will buy MK8 whereas only roughly 3% of PS4 owners will by Persona 5.

Sony has great exclusive games but they usually have an attach rate of less than 5-10%.

In fact, not a single PS4 exclusive to date has an attach rate of more than 15%.

Hell, only 4 out of every 100 PS4 owners bought HZD! (2.61m sales to 60 million consoles is only a 4% attach rate)

People that say PS4 has sold so well because of it's exclusives make me laugh.

It sells so well because it's got the best versions of all multi platform games... Until this fall anywa

Its always been like that for every non Nintendo console for exclusives. PS4 is selling great cause they have something for everyone, small games, niche games, big AAA games, best marketing, etc 



Preston Scott

Maybe NPD got pushed back a week :D



tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"