Quantcast
PS4 Hardware Sales 2015 vs 2016 vs 2017: New Years numbers posted. 2017 ends at 20.2 million

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Hardware Sales 2015 vs 2016 vs 2017: New Years numbers posted. 2017 ends at 20.2 million

Would you be interested in a 2017 vs. 2018 comparison?

Yes 474 69.20%
 
No 81 11.82%
 
Total:555

Sales projection for 18 months time: Wii U reaches 15 million, Xbox One reaches 45 million and the PS4 reaches 90 million. The PS4 will reach 60% market share.



Around the Network
Dark_Lord_2008 said:
Sales projection for 18 months time: Wii U reaches 15 million, Xbox One reaches 45 million and the PS4 reaches 90 million. The PS4 will reach 60% market share.

Hmmm. I'm thinking the Wii-U never hits 15 million.



Chinese food for breakfast

 

PAOerfulone said:


Bolded = Video game launched
Italicized = Hardware revision launches (PS4 Slim & PS4 Pro)
Bolded and Italicized = Black Friday week
Bolded, Italicized, and Underlined = Final Yearly Total


 

Week  2015- Weekly 2015 - Total 2016 - Weekly 2016 - Total 2017 - Weekly 2017 - Total
1 419,153 419,153 575,627 575,627 311,499 311,499
2 204,971 624,124 247,897 823,524 244,698 556,197
3 165,950 790,074 223,121 1,046,645 219,073 775,270
4 152,489 942,563 207,399 1,254,044 244,743 1,020,013
5 167,637 1,110,200 230,825 1,484,869 255,017 1,275,030
6 184,711 1,294,911 286,443 1,771,312 255,274 1,530,304
7 210,557 1,505,468 291,899 2,063,211 292,203 1,822,507
8 273,634 1,779,102 316,410 2,379,621 290,171 2,112,678
9 289,329 2,069,431 286,005 2,665,626 232,376 2,345,054
10 245,196 2,313,627 239,077 2,904,703 249,126 2,594,180
11 234,687 2,548,314 308,037 3,212,740 280,840 2,875,020
12 310,164 2,858,478 253,942 3,466,682 281,678 3,156,698
13 317,790 3,176,268 246,617 3,713,299 268,728 3,425,426
14 256,724 3,432,992 229,748 3,943,047 217,617 3,643,043
15 215,940 3,648,932 187,370 4,130,417 214,191 3,857,234
16 193,787 3,842,719 179,419 4,309,836        187,610      4,044,844
17 185,318 4,028,037 170,440 4,480,276        182,792     4,227,636
18 169,720 4,197,757 162,185 4,642,461    265,594 4,493,230
19 159,753 4,357,510 152,338 4,794,799    283,503 4,776,733
20 146,781 4,504,291 230,851 5,025,650   286,433  5,063,166
21 183,161 4,687,452 180,035 5,205,685 314,336 5,377,502
22 154,644 4,842,096 177,650 5,383,335 331,894(a) 5,708,896
23 160,107 5,002,203 170,477 5,553,812 271,402 5,980,298
24 169,529 5,171,732 162,686 5,716,498 288,880 6,269,178
25 177,192 5,348,924 167,778 5,884,276 967,378 7,236,556
26 359,519 5,708,443 184,284 6,068,560 2,183,876 9,420,432
27 248,750 5,947,193 173,705 6,242,265    
28 194,767 6,151,960 158,205 6,400,470    
29 189,607 6,341,567 149,082 6,549,552    
30 171,142 6,512,709 141,953 6,691,505    
31 173,909 6,686,618 173,226 6,864,731    
32 167,146 6,853,764 140,812 7,005,543    
33 171,659 7,025,423 142,269 7,147,812    
34 174,459 7,199,882 150,704 7,298,516    
35 198,754 7,398,636 153,886 7,452,402    
36 311,140 7,709,776 154,931 7,607,333    
37 218,570 7,928,346 137,557 7,744,890    
38 233,005 8,161,351 300,724 8,045,614    
39 301,138 8,462,489 245,800 8,291,414    
40 278,306 8,750,796 320,893 8,612,307    
41 272,222 9,013,017 275,696 8,888,003    
42 238,038 9,251,055 266,235 9,154,238    
43 276,764 9,527,729 278,053 9,432,291    
44 281,578 9,809,307 267,046 9,699,337    
45 682,929 10,492,236 463,710 10,163,047    
46 575,946 11,068,182 814,156 10,977,203    
47 747,120 11,815,302 695,774 11,672,977    
48 1,616,202 13,431,504 1,202,370 12,875,347    
49 821,700 14,253,204 877,229 13,752,576    
50 858,298 15,111,502 995,899 14,748,475    
51 1,055,740 16,167,242 1,150,140 15,898,615    
52 1,170,584 17,337,826 1,242,712 17,141,327    
53     565,161 17,706,488    

I took the liberty of filling in the data for the last few weeks according to the weekly. I don't know if the numbers are off. 2m seems like a lot lol.

anyway, one of the weeks was also adjusted up by 500, so I put a (a) sign next to the number



Bofferbrauer2 said:
No new updates now that there finally new numbers?

23: 271,402
24: 288,880

This brings the PS4 to 6,269,178 for the year which means it's pretty far above 2015 (5,171,732) and 2016 (5,716,498)



Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

theprof00 said:
PAOerfulone said:


Bolded = Video game launched
Italicized = Hardware revision launches (PS4 Slim & PS4 Pro)
Bolded and Italicized = Black Friday week
Bolded, Italicized, and Underlined = Final Yearly Total


 

Week  2015- Weekly 2015 - Total 2016 - Weekly 2016 - Total 2017 - Weekly 2017 - Total
1 419,153 419,153 575,627 575,627 311,499 311,499
2 204,971 624,124 247,897 823,524 244,698 556,197
3 165,950 790,074 223,121 1,046,645 219,073 775,270
4 152,489 942,563 207,399 1,254,044 244,743 1,020,013
5 167,637 1,110,200 230,825 1,484,869 255,017 1,275,030
6 184,711 1,294,911 286,443 1,771,312 255,274 1,530,304
7 210,557 1,505,468 291,899 2,063,211 292,203 1,822,507
8 273,634 1,779,102 316,410 2,379,621 290,171 2,112,678
9 289,329 2,069,431 286,005 2,665,626 232,376 2,345,054
10 245,196 2,313,627 239,077 2,904,703 249,126 2,594,180
11 234,687 2,548,314 308,037 3,212,740 280,840 2,875,020
12 310,164 2,858,478 253,942 3,466,682 281,678 3,156,698
13 317,790 3,176,268 246,617 3,713,299 268,728 3,425,426
14 256,724 3,432,992 229,748 3,943,047 217,617 3,643,043
15 215,940 3,648,932 187,370 4,130,417 214,191 3,857,234
16 193,787 3,842,719 179,419 4,309,836        187,610      4,044,844
17 185,318 4,028,037 170,440 4,480,276        182,792     4,227,636
18 169,720 4,197,757 162,185 4,642,461    265,594 4,493,230
19 159,753 4,357,510 152,338 4,794,799    283,503 4,776,733
20 146,781 4,504,291 230,851 5,025,650   286,433  5,063,166
21 183,161 4,687,452 180,035 5,205,685 314,336 5,377,502
22 154,644 4,842,096 177,650 5,383,335 331,894(a) 5,708,896
23 160,107 5,002,203 170,477 5,553,812 271,402 5,980,298
24 169,529 5,171,732 162,686 5,716,498 288,880 6,269,178
25 177,192 5,348,924 167,778 5,884,276 967,378 7,236,556
26 359,519 5,708,443 184,284 6,068,560 2,183,876 9,420,432
27 248,750 5,947,193 173,705 6,242,265    
28 194,767 6,151,960 158,205 6,400,470    
29 189,607 6,341,567 149,082 6,549,552    
30 171,142 6,512,709 141,953 6,691,505    
31 173,909 6,686,618 173,226 6,864,731    
32 167,146 6,853,764 140,812 7,005,543    
33 171,659 7,025,423 142,269 7,147,812    
34 174,459 7,199,882 150,704 7,298,516    
35 198,754 7,398,636 153,886 7,452,402    
36 311,140 7,709,776 154,931 7,607,333    
37 218,570 7,928,346 137,557 7,744,890    
38 233,005 8,161,351 300,724 8,045,614    
39 301,138 8,462,489 245,800 8,291,414    
40 278,306 8,750,796 320,893 8,612,307    
41 272,222 9,013,017 275,696 8,888,003    
42 238,038 9,251,055 266,235 9,154,238    
43 276,764 9,527,729 278,053 9,432,291    
44 281,578 9,809,307 267,046 9,699,337    
45 682,929 10,492,236 463,710 10,163,047    
46 575,946 11,068,182 814,156 10,977,203    
47 747,120 11,815,302 695,774 11,672,977    
48 1,616,202 13,431,504 1,202,370 12,875,347    
49 821,700 14,253,204 877,229 13,752,576    
50 858,298 15,111,502 995,899 14,748,475    
51 1,055,740 16,167,242 1,150,140 15,898,615    
52 1,170,584 17,337,826 1,242,712 17,141,327    
53     565,161 17,706,488    

I took the liberty of filling in the data for the last few weeks according to the weekly. I don't know if the numbers are off. 2m seems like a lot lol.

anyway, one of the weeks was also adjusted up by 500, so I put a (a) sign next to the number

The last two are software numbers. Hardware numbers for those weeks haven't gone up yet. I very nearly made the same mistake haha.



Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network

Hey guys. Sorry for no new updates, been pretty busy lately.
School just started again.
Thanks to theproof00 for the updates, I'll get to work on them right away!



Pancho A. Ovies

Nintendo Switch in Japan (Famitsu): 2018 vs. 2019
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=238945&page=2

PlayStation 4/Xbox One/Nintendo Switch: 2018 vs. 2019
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=239387

Numbers have been adjusted!

Now, 2017 has over a 1 million-lead over 2016.



Pancho A. Ovies

Nintendo Switch in Japan (Famitsu): 2018 vs. 2019
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=238945&page=2

PlayStation 4/Xbox One/Nintendo Switch: 2018 vs. 2019
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=239387

From the looks of it, 2017 could be the PS4's peak year by a comfortable margin.
Let's see what the holiday season holds.
I expect some heavy bundling (Call of Duty, Gran Turismo, Star Wars) and perhaps even a price cut, (for all models), in response to what could be stiff competition in the forms of the Xbox One X and Nintendo Switch.



Pancho A. Ovies

Nintendo Switch in Japan (Famitsu): 2018 vs. 2019
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=238945&page=2

PlayStation 4/Xbox One/Nintendo Switch: 2018 vs. 2019
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=239387

Ask and you shall receive!



Pancho A. Ovies

Nintendo Switch in Japan (Famitsu): 2018 vs. 2019
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=238945&page=2

PlayStation 4/Xbox One/Nintendo Switch: 2018 vs. 2019
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=239387

PAOerfulone said:

From the looks of it, 2017 could be the PS4's peak year by a comfortable margin.
Let's see what the holiday season holds.
I expect some heavy bundling (Call of Duty, Gran Turismo, Star Wars) and perhaps even a price cut, (for all models), in response to what could be stiff competition in the forms of the Xbox One X and Nintendo Switch.

Things continue to look very good this year, even with the Switch launch, and the looming XOX. I do think Sony will play very hard this holiday to try and set their place on top in stone as much as possible. No doubt 2017 will be the best year so far for PS4, but I would't count out 2018 yet. Tons of games, and very good chance of even more hardware versions/revisions, and price cuts. 

I also think this holiday and next year will see PlayStation Vue really make a dent in the US. It is by far the best TV service on the market, and they are adding locals at a blistering rate now. If Americans really hate the prices of their current TV set up, then the idea of a $200 PS4 and a $40 a month service, that offers massively increased value over Direct TV, Comcast, and Time Warner should be an easy choice. I get all the locals in my area now, and I pay $140 a month for PS Vue and Broadband, compaired to $240 a month for the old Comcast set up which offered much, much less content, and extreamly limited DVR.

The addition of games like Gran Turismo Sport, Doom, Skyrim, Ace Combat, many other titles, and hopefully a price drop, should start to make PSVR a very huge console mover as well. If they drop a PS4 Premium to bridge the gap to PS5 in 2020, and incorperate all the necessary VR compnents into the box, they should stay very attractive against whatever MS does with XOX, and Rift/Vive.

Sony has everything in place to make the PS4 even more successful than the PS2, they just need to not mees up.



Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL