Quantcast
Amazon U.S. May bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. May bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

I think Switch is #1 overall this year in the US.
Tag



Around the Network
jason1637 said:
I think Switch is #1 overall this year in the US.
Tag

It would be close (with the PS4), but could be.

 

xbone is solid third, though.



Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

 

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

xl-klaudkil said:
SpokenTruth said:

Did you not pay attention to last months thread?

Yes i did,total switch  domination... Soo what was your point? 

 

Would  be terrible  if a new " hot" system  can't  even outsell  a system  that is almost  4 years old.

Did you quote the wrong person?



Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."

I shall tag



The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

xl-klaudkil said:
LipeJJ said:

Why is it obvious? Does it mean every new system should outsell the current best selling ones, even on their said peak years, just because they're new? I don't think so, it's not that obvious. Btw, I don't expect the Switch to win the whole year, I think that's basically impossible. 

Switch is selling  like hot cakes.

Horizon  on a 60+ mill user base can't  even outsell zelda  or mario on a  what? 3-3.5mill user base.

 

Noo signs of slowing  down, ps4is definitely  slowing  down its just too damn expensive.(should  be 200 by now)

 

I fully  expect  switch  to outsell  ps4 entire year ww.

PS4 is actually up YOY in the US so far.  It should also see quite a few nice boosts with all the SW that's releasing this year, as well as a cut to $199 this holiday season.

And yes, Switch is selling really well. However, we are not even 2 full months away from its launch.  We'll have to see where it settles in a month or so to determine if this will continue.  I mean, what's going to happen if it stays $299 and then becomes obvious that it won't be getting many of the big titles this year?  Nintendo is being smart and spacing out its 1st party titles, but I doubt they can 100% make up for 3rd party droughts.  It may not matter, like it didn't with the Wii early on.  But, then again, it might.



Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
xl-klaudkil said:

Switch is selling  like hot cakes.

Horizon  on a 60+ mill user base can't  even outsell zelda  or mario on a  what? 3-3.5mill user base.

 

Noo signs of slowing  down, ps4is definitely  slowing  down its just too damn expensive.(should  be 200 by now)

 

I fully  expect  switch  to outsell  ps4 entire year ww.

PS4 is actually up YOY in the US so far.  It should also see quite a few nice boosts with all the SW that's releasing this year, as well as a cut to $199 this holiday season.

And yes, Switch is selling really well. However, we are not even 2 full months away from its launch.  We'll have to see where it settles in a month or so to determine if this will continue.  I mean, what's going to happen if it stays $299 and then becomes obvious that it won't be getting many of the big titles this year?  Nintendo is being smart and spacing out its 1st party titles, but I doubt they can 100% make up for 3rd party droughts.  It may not matter, like it didn't with the Wii early on.  But, then again, it might.

You give the PS4 a massive price cut but keep Switch at $300?



Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."

SpokenTruth said:

You give the PS4 a massive price cut but keep Switch at $300?

Well, if the Switch gets a price cut this early, it won't be a good sign.



 

The PS5 Exists. 


It's a little early to say which console might take the USA this year. Switch certainly has a chance but it also may be supply constrained during the holidays. The PS4 has basically every bundling deal and could possibly have very cheap slim bundles with Battlefront 2 or Red Dead 2 for the holiday. Hell, Scorpio, if it's priced at $399 (the probability of which seems very high, because they basically have to, whether they want to or not) could end up being very popular, though I don't know if that would be enough to offset what seems to be a decline in interest in the One S. 



4 hours since last update:

HARDWARE:
#06 NS Grey (down 1)
#13 PS4 UC4 (down 2)
#56 NES (down 5)
#58 NS Neon (up 1)
#64 PS4 Pro (down 2)

SOFTWARE (Pre-orders Only) **:
None at the moment

Does not affect this month: *
Software outside of the month only gets added if it's in the top 20: **

PS4: 2 in the top 100 / 1 in the top 50 / 1 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
XB1: 0 in the top 100 / 0 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
NIS:  2 in the top 100 / 1 in the top 50 / 1 in the top 20 / 1 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5



 

The PS5 Exists. 


xl-klaudkil said:
LipeJJ said:

Why is it obvious? Does it mean every new system should outsell the current best selling ones, even on their said peak years, just because they're new? I don't think so, it's not that obvious. Btw, I don't expect the Switch to win the whole year, I think that's basically impossible. 

Switch is selling  like hot cakes.

Horizon  on a 60+ mill user base can't  even outsell zelda  or mario on a  what? 3-3.5mill user base.

 

Noo signs of slowing  down, ps4is definitely  slowing  down its just too damn expensive.(should  be 200 by now)

 

I fully  expect  switch  to outsell  ps4 entire year ww.

Lol.

Tagged btw.