Quantcast
Hardest game you've ever beaten?

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Hardest game you've ever beaten?

There has got to be a few skill based games or precise platformers that top anything by far, I just can't think of them right now. I don't find games at all difficult these days, it's the platinum trophies where I find the real challenges. Recently MGS5's plat was insanely difficult, probably the most difficult I can remember however the games that got me sweating were the platinums for DMC RE and GOW3 RE without the glitch, The last stretch of GOW3 actully physically injured me as I kept playing for near 10 hours, drenched in sweat on a sub zero winter day without leaving the seat. So yeah, that.



 

Everything in the above reply is my opinion, from my own perspective and not representative of reality outside of my own head!

-Android user, please be gentle with critique on my spelling.

Around the Network

I don't usually play games in the hardest difficulty, so maybe the Hell pathway of Cave Story?



Bloodborne



COKTOE said:
GoldenHand80 said:
Demon's Souls without a doubt, it wasn't only incredibly hard but it was also excruciatingly annoying especially when it sends you back all the way to the beginning of the stage when you die! - I do not want to play against flame lurker again! -

Also I found Resistance 3 and Wolfenstein the new order very hard but that is mainly because I'm not good at FPS games.

Demon's Souls was hard to plat. BUT. That ring. The Theif's ring I think it was called. It made 2 boss fights much easier. Including the last boss. I beat him 2 out of the required 4 times without it. Then, on the third fight, he was one hit killing me, and it became a chore to have to start over repeatedly, so I put it on and killed him with arrows with literally no resistance. I pussed out. Not proud, but I'll admit to it. Curious if you or anybody else used the ring to exploit the 2 bosses. I believe the other boss it worked on was Flame Lurker.

I did not use the theif's ring with Flame Lurker, I just decided to go against him using melee attack which resulted in sucking over 3 hours of my life to beat him and more than that on NG+. At that time I wasn't aware of the magic and arrow trick and even if I was i wouldn't use them because that ruins the game IMO



Deus Ex and Dishonored without being detected are my best trophies I'd say

Hardest game by far is Rayman on PS1. I had nothing else to play for a year after getting my PS1 (got a ton of games at the start but burned through all except this one). Oh man I HATED this game by the time I finally beat it and will never replay it.



I am Iron Man

Around the Network
GoldenHand80 said:
COKTOE said:

Demon's Souls was hard to plat. BUT. That ring. The Theif's ring I think it was called. It made 2 boss fights much easier. Including the last boss. I beat him 2 out of the required 4 times without it. Then, on the third fight, he was one hit killing me, and it became a chore to have to start over repeatedly, so I put it on and killed him with arrows with literally no resistance. I pussed out. Not proud, but I'll admit to it. Curious if you or anybody else used the ring to exploit the 2 bosses. I believe the other boss it worked on was Flame Lurker.

I did not use the theif's ring with Flame Lurker, I just decided to go against him using melee attack which resulted in sucking over 3 hours of my life to beat him and more than that on NG+. At that time I wasn't aware of the magic and arrow trick and even if I was i wouldn't use them because that ruins the game IMO

Good on you. I wrestled with it from a gamesmanship standpoint, but like I said, I did it. :(



Chinese food for breakfast

 

Does using a Game Genie disqualify a game as "beaten"? If not, then Ghosts & Goblins for the NES. I could never beat it without using a Game Genie.

For beating a game totally legit. Halo 2 on Legendary is up there (fucking sniper Jackals!), as well as Ninja Gaiden II (NES) and Super Ghouls & Ghosts (SNES).



John2290 said:
There has got to be a few skill based games or precise platformers that top anything by far, I just can't think of them right now. I don't find games at all difficult these days, it's the platinum trophies where I find the real challenges. Recently MGS5's plat was insanely difficult, probably the most difficult I can remember however the games that got me sweating were the platinums for DMC RE and GOW3 RE without the glitch, The last stretch of GOW3 actully physically injured me as I kept playing for near 10 hours, drenched in sweat on a sub zero winter day without leaving the seat. So yeah, that.

Here's a weird story.  When I first beat GoW3 on hard against the cerberus and satyrs I had a hell of a time.  Was probably at it for a couple hours.  THEN I got the remastered version and was mentally preparing myself because I knew it was coming this time and...beat it on the first try.  Yes I'm sort of bragging but seriously it was hilarious to me when I beat it because I had been dreading that encounter after my memories from years earlier were much like yours.



I am Iron Man

Shadow1980 said:
Does using a Game Genie disqualify a game as "beaten"?

Asking me if using a Game Genie counts as legit beating a hard game is like asking me if watching a playthrough on youtube counts as legit beating a hard game too.



Hard to say without direct comparisons of difficulty.

Halo 2 solo legendary was intense.

Age of Mythology on Titan with various maps to change the difficulty was insane.

ROTK IX is hard on weaker factions.

etc. but these ones obviously are closest in my mind atm.