Quantcast
Hardest game you've ever beaten?

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Hardest game you've ever beaten?

Carl2291 said:
Boutros said:
Modern Warfare on Veteran was brutal especially that last mission in the plane gawd.

Fun fact, the guy who owns my local game store was missing this achievement and he made a challenge that whoever managed to get him it got £20 credit to spend on whatever they liked.

Each person got one turn and had to pass the controller. I went 4th, did it first try. 

I'm now an in-store legend.

I don't understand why anybody would want someone else to get an achievment/trophy for them. It's like fucking a cantaloupe and telling people you got laid last night. Anyways, MW2 was the last COD I played, and I have all the Vet modes completed from 2 through to that game. MW2 was tough for sure, but I think World at War was tougher. The toughest "fair" vet mode among those I played. Even worse was COD 3, because it was SO buggy. MW2 is a nice one to hang you hat on for sure. Not trying to start a pissing contest, just my opinion. For old school, Metroid and Mega Man come to mind. Demon's Souls plat. I bailed on CastleVania at the Grim Reaper. Such a frustrating game. This is one of the benefits of the achievments/trophies. It's so nice to have a record of this stuff. Dead Nation plat on PS3 and Vita is another one I'm proud to have done. There's more for sure, but that's few.



Chinese food for breakfast

 

Around the Network
COKTOE said:

I don't understand why anybody would want someone else to get an achievment/trophy for them. It's like fucking a cantaloupe and telling people you got laid last night. Anyways, MW2 was the last COD I played, and I have all the Vet modes completed from 2 through to that game. MW2 was tough for sure, but I think World at War was tougher. The toughest "fair" vet mode among those I played. Even worse was COD 3, because it was SO buggy. MW2 is a nice one to hang you hat on for sure. Not trying to start a pissing contest, just my opinion. For old school, Metroid and Mega Man come to mind. Demon's Souls plat. I bailed on CastleVania at the Grim Reaper. Such a frustrating game. This is one of the benefits of the achievments/trophies. It's so nice to have a record of this stuff. Dead Nation plat on PS3 and Vita is another one I'm proud to have done. There's more for sure, but that's few.

World at War was the toughest of them all, primarily because for some strange reason they coded the enemies to spam grenades.

While in the games before World at War you could cheese the majority of levels by sitting back and picking them off one by one, this one was totally different and had you running for different covers after every kill.

Fun, but irritating. Just checked back and I got the Veteran achievement for each Call of Duty game up to Black Ops 2.

Halo 4 Solo Legendary was a lot tougher than the Call of Duty games IMO.



My hardest gaming achievement was probably my perfect Hector Hard Mode run on Fire Emblem 7. Perfect meaning no casualties, among other challenging requirements for turn limit and gold/weapon management.

If I don't include self-imposed challenges, hardest game on its own was probably Megaman 7. MM fans probably laugh, but ffs that final boss x.x



NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

WC4Life said:

Let's see...I know I'm forgetting a ton of games but here goes...

(Very loose order, difficult to evaluate different genres against each other)

 

Contra/Probotector - this is a special case since it was my first console game. It never felt difficult because I lacked context what was a difficult game. It was only later when I found out people think of Contra/Probotector as a difficult game. No Konami code.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma - just Normal difficulty

Gran Turismo 4 - 100% (licence tests gold etc...)

Super Meat Boy - all levels beaten

Richard Burns Rally - Champion difficulty

DMC 3 - DMD

Ikaruga - 1 credit with all levels pretty much chained (the game is not actually that difficult to 1 credit if you just shoot everything but I had decided I wanted to complete the game as it was designed to play which meant chaining the enemies. I had to practice 80 hours before I managed my first 1 credit run with score about 20 million. 80 hours for a game that takes roughly 23 minutes to beat.)

F-Zero GX - 100% without snaking or other exploits (story mode all difficulties, all cups all difficulties, all staff ghosts beaten)

 

 

Vanquish - God Hard difficulty - nothing really comes close to this. I had to sort of deconstruct myself as a gamer and build again from scratch. That's how badly God Hard difficulty broke me. The funny thing is people often mention the Challenge 6 and that's most likely because it's tied to trophy compared to God Hard where there's no reward at all. People want their Platinum Trophies or 1000/1000 so they try their hardest to beat Challenge 6 for bragging rights only lol.

Let me try to explain what God Hard feels like.

First you start with Normal difficulty, learn the mechanics, get better, struggle a bit here and there and finally complete the game. Then you move up to Hard difficulty. It feels easier, the game feels easier than the first time on Normal difficulty because you have gained experience. You eventually complete Hard difficulty and have become even better at the game.........and then you try the God Hard difficulty...

...

...

...and you find yourself doing worse than ever in the very first stage. It's a harsh realization. You have just completed the game twice already and now you suck more than ever and the worst thing is you can already think ahead how the game will ramp up in difficulty. Then you start your grind, it's clear you need to become a better player and if you concentrate and are willing to improve you'll make progress. Eventually you end up at the last stage, the last boss...the fucking Dual Bogeys. At this point it may sound completely ridiculous and it actually is but at this point the game somehow presents the biggest fucking ramp up in difficulty. It is something that cannot be explained, it is absurd. You thought it was bad when you first moved from Hard to God Hard and was completely owned in the first stage or when you faced boss X, or the boss after that or the next area after that. The point is, God Hard has been ramping up the difficulty all the time and have already reached absolutely ridiculous levels and then the Dual Bogeys kill you in 5 seconds......over and over and over and over again.

There are a lot of sad stories of players who made their way to Dual Bogeys in God Hard and eventually had to give up. I didn't give up but it did broke me mentally and from there I had to reconstruct myself as a gamer. I remember it feeling like I gave up everything I knew about the game or how I played it and started to see the game differently, it was like playing the game the first time. Bit by bit I learned something which helped me survive and after like 200 deaths it finally happened...I beat those fucking Dual Bogeys. My total death count was 400-600, can't really remember but for the people who have beaten God Hard it is not unusual to see deathcount in the four digits. It's very taxing experience and something that can easily end up in failure but I'm glad I saw it through. Even at this very moment when I'm typing this, the feels...it's been like 5 years since but thinking back...I still feel relieved.

That's God Hard.

That's wild man. Thanks for sharing that story. I just beat the game recently on normal but I don't think I'm ready for higher tiers.

Very cool that you stuck with it and beat the game. Sounds like you truly earned it :)



The Legend of Legacy.

A spiritual sucessor of the SaGa series.

Random encounter were hard as heck during the final dungeon and the final boss is pratically impossible if you don't know what you exactly need to do.



Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
COKTOE said:

I don't understand why anybody would want someone else to get an achievment/trophy for them. It's like fucking a cantaloupe and telling people you got laid last night. Anyways, MW2 was the last COD I played, and I have all the Vet modes completed from 2 through to that game. MW2 was tough for sure, but I think World at War was tougher. The toughest "fair" vet mode among those I played. Even worse was COD 3, because it was SO buggy. MW2 is a nice one to hang you hat on for sure. Not trying to start a pissing contest, just my opinion. For old school, Metroid and Mega Man come to mind. Demon's Souls plat. I bailed on CastleVania at the Grim Reaper. Such a frustrating game. This is one of the benefits of the achievments/trophies. It's so nice to have a record of this stuff. Dead Nation plat on PS3 and Vita is another one I'm proud to have done. There's more for sure, but that's few.

World at War was the toughest of them all, primarily because for some strange reason they coded the enemies to spam grenades.

While in the games before World at War you could cheese the majority of levels by sitting back and picking them off one by one, this one was totally different and had you running for different covers after every kill.

Fun, but irritating. Just checked back and I got the Veteran achievement for each Call of Duty game up to Black Ops 2.

Halo 4 Solo Legendary was a lot tougher than the Call of Duty games IMO.

Nice! Got me beat. :) I remember the first MW having the grenade spmming too though? I still say COD 3 was worse, but that's splitting hairs. They were both pigs. I have never played Halo 4 but Halo 1 legendary was hard for me. The worst part was in a hanger of sorts. Waves of enemies to the point of absurdity.



Chinese food for breakfast

 

COKTOE said:

Nice! Got me beat. :) I remember the first MW having the grenade spmming too though? I still say COD 3 was worse, but that's splitting hairs. They were both pigs. I have never played Halo 4 but Halo 1 legendary was hard for me. The worst part was in a hanger of sorts. Waves of enemies to the point of absurdity.

I don't remember much about CoD 3, I got it with my launch PS3 and when it came to playing it again on the 360 for achievements I just couldn't be motivated.

That said, Halo on Legendary is always punishing. Really challenging in its own unique way thanks to Bungie's gameplay.



Demon's Souls without a doubt, it wasn't only incredibly hard but it was also excruciatingly annoying especially when it sends you back all the way to the beginning of the stage when you die! - I do not want to play against flame lurker again! -

Also I found Resistance 3 and Wolfenstein the new order very hard but that is mainly because I'm not good at FPS games.



Boutros said:
Modern Warfare on Veteran was brutal especially that last mission in the plane gawd.


Yeah I remember this one, especially now after the release of the Remastered Version. The trophy on the PS4 version is just pain in the ass, the whole mission is about luck and not skill. Glad that I got the platinum trophy, it's one of the trophies you can be very proud of. lol



GoldenHand80 said:
Demon's Souls without a doubt, it wasn't only incredibly hard but it was also excruciatingly annoying especially when it sends you back all the way to the beginning of the stage when you die! - I do not want to play against flame lurker again! -

Also I found Resistance 3 and Wolfenstein the new order very hard but that is mainly because I'm not good at FPS games.

Demon's Souls was hard to plat. BUT. That ring. The Theif's ring I think it was called. It made 2 boss fights much easier. Including the last boss. I beat him 2 out of the required 4 times without it. Then, on the third fight, he was one hit killing me, and it became a chore to have to start over repeatedly, so I put it on and killed him with arrows with literally no resistance. I pussed out. Not proud, but I'll admit to it. Curious if you or anybody else used the ring to exploit the 2 bosses. I believe the other boss it worked on was Flame Lurker.



Chinese food for breakfast