Quantcast
My HD rumble mixed experience / How is it in MK8D or Blaster Master Zero?

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My HD rumble mixed experience / How is it in MK8D or Blaster Master Zero?

Your rumble experience?

Magic! 17 12.69%
 
Great. 39 29.10%
 
Meh~ 31 23.13%
 
Turn it off- 11 8.21%
 
See results 36 26.87%
 
Total:134

Don't care about it, never have. Switch has the best implementation yet, but it's still a huge meh. I'd trade rumble for a quality dpad in a flash, just like I'd trade rumble on the DS4 for a better battery. I'm not complaining about it, but meh.



Around the Network
bonzobanana said:
Never understand why people think this technology is expensive. The real costs in the Switch are the screen, memory chips and the main nvidia chipset not minor circuit board components. Why would they think the material cost or manufacture of these would be expensive? This is not why the Switch is expensive and is only a small feature. It doesn't matter if it's used or not you aren't paying a premium because of these low cost minor components. If anything these are lower cost than the large rumble motors that some other controllers use that are based on rotating heavier weights and have the cost of the motor itself. It may actually be a cost saving over those.

Exactly, plus I don't see why people are so against it, it's just the next gen of rumble tech.



Most reviewers were actually quite convinced by the HD rumble implemented in Mario Kart, apparently immitates ground textures.



Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

 

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

Some games in 1-2 Switch make very good use of HD rumble like Soda shaking, cow milking, safe cracker and marble guessing. Especially marble guessing, I am an expert here. These games wouldn't be half as good without HD rumble or even possible. I'm eager to find out how developers will use it in future games.



Gameplay > Graphics

Substance > Style

Art Direction > Realism

Its nice on Fast RMX, you can feel the grooves in the track. Very subtle, but also effective.



Around the Network

Anyone played Blaster Master Zero or Wonder Boy? The former has some interesting HD rumble usage while the latter is very subtle.

Arkaign said:
Don't care about it, never have. Switch has the best implementation yet, but it's still a huge meh. I'd trade rumble for a quality dpad in a flash, just like I'd trade rumble on the DS4 for a better battery. I'm not complaining about it, but meh.

I find it way better than the normal rumble which I normally felt to overpowering. These LRA have less power but more frequencies, and in some cases you do notice and appreciate it.

palou said:
Most reviewers were actually quite convinced by the HD rumble implemented in Mario Kart, apparently immitates ground textures.

I remember reading about that you would be able to feel the ground. Did a quick search before and nothing came up.

GoOnKid said:

Some games in 1-2 Switch make very good use of HD rumble like Soda shaking, cow milking, safe cracker and marble guessing. Especially marble guessing, I am an expert here. These games wouldn't be half as good without HD rumble or even possible. I'm eager to find out how developers will use it in future games.

Maybe I judged the marble guessing too early, but wasn't floored by my initial impression. I agree with the first two though, like I mention in the OP the soda bubbles are in there somehow.



@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

tag "¡Viva la Ñ!" - WRUR

Haven't really noticed it. Fast RMX had pretty good rumble but nothing incredible. I think the Xbox One trigger rumble whatever is still better. Hopefully I'll play a game in the future that takes full advantage.



Twitter: @d21lewis  --I'll add you if you add me!!

I love it, it feels very authentic in 1-2 Switch, but I feel it is underused in Zelda.



I remain very impressed by the Joy-cons' rumble and will look forward to trying it in more games. Boring comment, I know. But true!



I think if it's well implemented then I shouldn't even have to notice that it's there when a game is trying to show me something. If different feed back shows me different game mechanics during a tutorial then I'd know what they are for, then it's good enough during game play.