Quantcast
Is the Scorpio next gen?

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Is the Scorpio next gen?

wolflink said:
Bandorr said:

I believe Microsoft because removing DRM is good for gamers. Removing the kinect was good for gamers.

If in November the announce "look at all these exclusives" there will be a HUGE backlash from people that bought an xbox one s a year ago.

You can't spend 2 years saying 'no exclusives' encouraging people to buy an xbox one S only to turn around and say "just kidding."

Plus it can't just be first party games. It is going to have to be multi-plat games also. Ones that can be on the ps4/pro but not xbox one/s.

Now when they update the Scorpio to Scorpio 2 in say.. 2 years - THEN they can include exclusives.

Honestly i never have believed in microsoft.

They removed DRM because of Sony not because they wanted to. They removed Kinect because that trend was over.

There will be exclusives, the 4k, HDR factor is not that huge right now, not even in the US to be the selling point.

Do you remember beta vs vhs??? scorpio vs ps4 pro all over again.

 

In the end a NASA machine is used to play minecraft and emulate super mario bros.

Xbox scorpio will be used to play what????? 

The "use factor" right now is for 4k blue rays, microsoft services, netflix.

That's all I'm saying. Maybe not this year, mayyyyyybbbeeee not next, but never any exclusives? GTFO. 



Around the Network
wolflink said:

 

They removed DRM because of Sony not because they wanted to. They removed Kinect because that trend was over.

They didn't remove it because of Sony. They removed it because of the millions of gamers that cried out and complained, which also impacted sales.

Microsoft is a company like Sony remember. They care about money, they aren't going to send you a gift basket or flowers for buying a console, whenever millions vote with their wallets, every company tends to pay attention.

jason1637 said:

Come on dude Scorpio will have games lol. Already confirmed that all xbox 360 bc and xbox one games laready out will have a boost on scorpio. 108p and 900p games can hit native 4k on scorpio, and MS says all their first party will be native 4k on scorpio. Because you personally arent interested in MS games doesnt mean you have to downplay the consoles games.

The 1080P and below games will need to be patched in order to hit 4k on Scorpio. Otherwise if unpatched....
Games will run at their maximum framerate (Either 30fps or 60fps depending on what the developer locked it at.)
And at it's maximum resolution. (If it's Dynamic, that would be 1080P.)

Certainly a better approach than what Sony took, which disables half the GPU.

I have already seen a few people claiming all their games will be in 4k when they simply won't.



--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
wolflink said:

 

They removed DRM because of Sony not because they wanted to. They removed Kinect because that trend was over.

They didn't remove it because of Sony. They removed it because of the millions of gamers that cried out and complained, which also impacted sales.

Microsoft is a company like Sony remember. They care about money, they aren't going to send you a gift basket or flowers for buying a console, whenever millions vote with their wallets, every company tends to pay attention.

jason1637 said:

Come on dude Scorpio will have games lol. Already confirmed that all xbox 360 bc and xbox one games laready out will have a boost on scorpio. 108p and 900p games can hit native 4k on scorpio, and MS says all their first party will be native 4k on scorpio. Because you personally arent interested in MS games doesnt mean you have to downplay the consoles games.

The 1080P and below games will need to be patched in order to hit 4k on Scorpio. Otherwise if unpatched....
Games will run at their maximum framerate (Either 30fps or 60fps depending on what the developer locked it at.)
And at it's maximum resolution. (If it's Dynamic, that would be 1080P.)

Certainly a better approach than what Sony took, which disables half the GPU.

I have already seen a few people claiming all their games will be in 4k when they simply won't.

That's what I meant when I said they would have a boost on scorpio. Not saying the games will automatically become 4k. 



Gens for consoles are dead 



Still jaguar CPU, if it has a different arquitecture, that would maybe be...



Around the Network
Rab said:

Gens for consoles are dead 

Only when Nintendo and Sony say so.



Generation isn't defined by specs alone. It's defined by what developers will do with them.

Bragging about your PC being 20 times more powerful than Xbox One is like bragging about your billion miles an hour hypercar in a place that doesn't allow you to exceed 60 mph.

A generational difference should be something your grandma will look at and say "Wow, these graphics are pretty!!" not something where you'd have to put two screenshots side by side and hope you can find a difference..

Specs don't automatically translate to visuals. There is a reason why PC games get huge visual upgrade when a new gen of consoles starts. In the end, Scorpio/Pro are just X1/PS4 with a PC twist.



Well formally its mid-gen upgrade, but actually it very hard to tell any more, gens we know are now dead.



It's a out 50% more powerful than a PS4 PRO which is established as current gen. So it isn't in the hardware or software department. The PS4 pro is also able to run some games in native 4k just saying or something that comes pretty close to it. Checkerboard 2160p or temporal infusion as used in R&C.



Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Miyamotoo said:
Well formally its mid-gen upgrade, but actually it very hard to tell any more, gens we know are now dead.

A ststem with a new library is new gen like the Switch. PS4 pro and Scorpio don't have that and are defenitly current gen by that logic.



Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar