Quantcast
Locked: Mass Effect: Andromeda lead facial designer had no video game experience (also hates men)

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mass Effect: Andromeda lead facial designer had no video game experience (also hates men)

Wonder why the game has such terrible facial animations that they became memes? Well, the lead person in charge of the facial animation has no video game experience apparently.

She's also a misandrist, as it turns out.

http://theralphretort.com/a-cosplayer-with-no-video-game-experience-was-the-lead-facial-animator-for-mass-effect-andromeda-3017017/

The article is not very well written but the facts are there.



Around the Network

This has to be the weakest 'evidence' of anything I've ever seen. Well, not quite, but still.

The very video that supposedly proves she hates men also happens to demonstrate quite well why she's the lead facial designer. Those faces seem pretty darn good to me, so it's no wonder she was chosen. I'm not saying she did a perfect job with the game but choosing her was definitely an understandable choice. The misandry claim on the other hand seems to be based entirely on an artistic sample which is quite unlikely to represent her personal views.

I'm sorry but this seems like a hate campaign to me.



Facts? Lol. Quick to carry on the witch hunt I see. It's apparent you also did your due diligence in fact checking as well
/s

It's not right to single any individual out for a game that was built by a team.

http://kotaku.com/scumbags-harass-woman-for-working-on-mass-effect-andro-1793410647

"Allie Rose-Marie Leost, who worked for EA’s motion-capture labs in Vancouver, saw vicious harassment on Twitter and other websites today, most often from people who blamed her for Andromeda’s awkward facial animations. The harassment appears to have been primarily triggered by a vile blog post at Ralph Retort, a right-wing, GamerGate-tied website, that claimed Leost was the lead facial animator on Andromeda. That website also accused her of performing sexual acts to get her job at EA.

As often happens with these internet witch-hunts, the harassment campaign against Leost was based on false information. BioWare today released a statement clarifying that she was not, in fact, a lead animator on Mass Effect: Andromeda. (There has been some confusion over whether Leost’s social media posts indicated that she was a lead, but given that she worked at EA Labs and not at the Andromeda team’s offices in Montreal, it’s clear that’s not the case.)"



And on that note, I'll add that you're part of today's problems: quick to crucify without the insight to double check your "facts". Did you even bother corroborating this story from another source?



aLkaLiNE said:

Facts? Lol. Quick to carry on the witch hunt I see. It's apparent you also did your due diligence in fact checking as well
/s

It's not right to single any individual out for a game that was built by a team.

http://kotaku.com/scumbags-harass-woman-for-working-on-mass-effect-andro-1793410647

"Allie Rose-Marie Leost, who worked for EA’s motion-capture labs in Vancouver, saw vicious harassment on Twitter and other websites today, most often from people who blamed her for Andromeda’s awkward facial animations. The harassment appears to have been primarily triggered by a vile blog post at Ralph Retort, a right-wing, GamerGate-tied website, that claimed Leost was the lead facial animator on Andromeda. That website also accused her of performing sexual acts to get her job at EA.

As often happens with these internet witch-hunts, the harassment campaign against Leost was based on false information. BioWare today released a statement clarifying that she was not, in fact, a lead animator on Mass Effect: Andromeda. (There has been some confusion over whether Leost’s social media posts indicated that she was a lead, but given that she worked at EA Labs and not at the Andromeda team’s offices in Montreal, it’s clear that’s not the case.)"



And on that note, I'll add that you're part of today's problems: quick to crucify without the insight to double check your "facts". Did you even bother corroborating this story from another source?

Sorry but she listed herself as the lead facial animator on Twitter and Facebook so the facts were correct at the time based on her own words.

The rest of Kotaku's opinion about harassment is irrelevant and is just Kotaku being Kotaku.



Lawlight said:
aLkaLiNE said:

Facts? Lol. Quick to carry on the witch hunt I see. It's apparent you also did your due diligence in fact checking as well
/s

It's not right to single any individual out for a game that was built by a team.

http://kotaku.com/scumbags-harass-woman-for-working-on-mass-effect-andro-1793410647

"Allie Rose-Marie Leost, who worked for EA’s motion-capture labs in Vancouver, saw vicious harassment on Twitter and other websites today, most often from people who blamed her for Andromeda’s awkward facial animations. The harassment appears to have been primarily triggered by a vile blog post at Ralph Retort, a right-wing, GamerGate-tied website, that claimed Leost was the lead facial animator on Andromeda. That website also accused her of performing sexual acts to get her job at EA.

As often happens with these internet witch-hunts, the harassment campaign against Leost was based on false information. BioWare today released a statement clarifying that she was not, in fact, a lead animator on Mass Effect: Andromeda. (There has been some confusion over whether Leost’s social media posts indicated that she was a lead, but given that she worked at EA Labs and not at the Andromeda team’s offices in Montreal, it’s clear that’s not the case.)"



And on that note, I'll add that you're part of today's problems: quick to crucify without the insight to double check your "facts". Did you even bother corroborating this story from another source?

Sorry but she listed herself as the lead facial animator on Twitter and Facebook so the facts were correct at the time based on her own words.

The rest of Kotaku's opinion about harassment is irrelevant and is just Kotaku being Kotaku.

It doesn't matter what she listed herself as and it doesn't make that fact. I could put "president of the United States" on my Twitter account but does that make it any more true? Bio ware themselves stated that she's not the lead animator. It's right there in my post.



Around the Network

Bleh I hope this doesn't develop into another huge shitfest like gamergate...

Reading that site was like reading some gossiping highschooler's blog. Doesn't seem particularly reliable ;P



Johnw1104 said:
Bleh I hope this doesn't develop into another huge shitfest like gamergate...

Reading that site was like reading some gossiping highschooler's blog. Doesn't seem particularly reliable ;P

The source from the OP is tied to gamergate.

 

And lawlight, I'm not defending this game. The animations are hysterically bad. But I think it's incredibly wrong to single out an individual when as pointed out earlier, it was a team that developed this and it was management that gave the game green light at the end of the day.

 

 

 



I don't know how much involvement this person had, but I think Andromedas animations are not bad, just out of place. They are too cartoony. She seems to have some experience in cartoon animation, so maybe EA should put Bioware into making a Sonic game again.



“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

aLkaLiNE said:
Johnw1104 said:
Bleh I hope this doesn't develop into another huge shitfest like gamergate...

Reading that site was like reading some gossiping highschooler's blog. Doesn't seem particularly reliable ;P

The source from the OP is tied to gamergate.

 

And lawlight, I'm not defending this game. The animations are hysterically bad. But I think it's incredibly wrong to single out an individual when as pointed out earlier, it was a team that developed this and it was management that gave the game green light at the end of the day.

 

 

 

One single line of "I hate men" in a demo doesn't make a full blown... whatever the male-hating version of misogynist is either. No context provided, could be a joke, she could have just had something happen... I'm willing to bet just about all women say "I hate men" at some point or another lol



Can of worms...opened.