Quantcast
Locked: If you think Weapon Durability is bad...

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If you think Weapon Durability is bad...

Tagged games:

archer9234 said:
Anfebious said:

 

Wait until you play this game! If anyone here played Shadow Tower knows what I'm talking about. Having all your equipment break was annoying but even more annoying was backtracking up to four areas through one way drops just to repair your weapons. But no one complained about it back then so why is everyone so harsh with Zelda now?

Back than. When the internet wasn't common. So no one could voice their hate. Durability is fine. I play minecraft, all the time. That's how I like it. Link's stuff breaks, in seconds.

At least you can get equipment from every enemy in BOTW. Drop rates in Shadow Tower are minimal.



"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network

Can we stop with these threads? Holy hell.



"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Anfebious said:
archer9234 said:

Back than. When the internet wasn't common. So no one could voice their hate. Durability is fine. I play minecraft, all the time. That's how I like it. Link's stuff breaks, in seconds.

At least you can get equipment from every enemy in BOTW. Drop rates indfgh Shadow Tower are minimal.

Equipment that I can't even care about. And only look at the level number.



Weapon durability is never a good mechanic. Good game design is making weapons useless without just breaking them.



If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Weapon durability is never a good mechanic. Good game design is making weapons useless without just breaking them.

Agree, I don't like the mechanic at all but I don't hate it in BOTW. And it's all thanks to this game. Everytime I think about how much it sucks I think about this game.



"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network
Anfebious said:

Wait until you play this game! If anyone here played Shadow Tower knows what I'm talking about. Having all your equipment break was annoying but even more annoying was backtracking up to four areas through one way drops just to repair your weapons. But no one complained about it back then so why is everyone so harsh with Zelda now?

This is one reaching argument. 

I assume its satire, and I guess that is the only way anyone would take this thread seriously.



Anfebious said:
vivster said:
Weapon durability is never a good mechanic. Good game design is making weapons useless without just breaking them.

Agree, I don't like the mechanic at all but I don't hate it in BOTW. And it's all thanks to this game. Everytime I think about how much it sucks I think about this game.

You shouldn't give a game a pass just because it does something terrible a little less terrible. Let the hate flow through you.

Join the dark side, we have Zelda games without weapon fragility.



If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Anfebious said:

Wait until you play this game! If anyone here played Shadow Tower knows what I'm talking about. Having all your equipment break was annoying but even more annoying was backtracking up to four areas through one way drops just to repair your weapons. But no one complained about it back then so why is everyone so harsh with Zelda now?

Isn't the game a 97 on Metacritic and the highest score for any recent game?  Guessing it will take home the most GotY awards as well.  I don't see people being that harsh on the game.



Discussion moved here: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=226827