Quantcast
Wii Fit U successor. Any chances?

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Fit U successor. Any chances?

Tagged games:

Even though Wii Fit U wasn't really a sucess, do you guys believe Nintendo would still release a Fit game?



My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?


Around the Network

Switch Fit?

Switch Your Clothes For A Smaller Size?

Switch Your Scales For The New Zelda Game?


... Will it have the gimmick of starting with "Switch"?



I think Nintendo is trying to move away from all memories of the Wii brand now.



Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

radishhead said:
I think Nintendo is trying to move away from all memories of the Wii brand now.

Could be a new brand. A Switch Fit.



My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?


Bristow9091 said:

Switch Fit?

Switch Your Clothes For A Smaller Size?

Switch Your Scales For The New Zelda Game?


... Will it have the gimmick of starting with "Switch"?

LOL, yeah.



My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?


Around the Network
0D0 said:
Bristow9091 said:

Switch Fit?

Switch Your Clothes For A Smaller Size?

Switch Your Scales For The New Zelda Game?


... Will it have the gimmick of starting with "Switch"?

LOL, yeah.

Suppose I better trademark these names so if Nintendo go for them, they can buy them off me, I'll make loads!



I think a Switch Fit would actually be successful due to the Switch's portability and kickstand mode; it would allow people to exercise wherever they want as long as they have their Switch and balance board. I'm not worried about the development resources that would be taken away to create it since it's like between a low and mid-budget game but has the potential to sell millions of consoles to non-gamers.

The problem to me is that if they did make it, it would be like the red-headed stepchild of the Switch's lineup and a constant reminder of the Wii and its branding that Nintendo is trying to kill and bury. So, to me, they either don't do it or create a separate 'quality of life' type brand to put a Switch Fit game in that's advertised (and even sold) separately from the Switch's typical games. Like, even though they'd still have it available in a typical Gamestop, it's de-emphasized there but bundles and individual copies would be prominent in the fitness/health sections of places like Walmart, Kohl's, Kmart, Bed, Bath and Beyond and other places that the product's target demographic would shop.



I think there is a very high chance that you will see fitness games on the Switch.



If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

wombat123 said:

I think a Switch Fit would actually be successful due to the Switch's portability and kickstand mode; it would allow people to exercise wherever they want as long as they have their Switch and balance board. I'm not worried about the development resources that would be taken away to create it since it's like between a low and mid-budget game but has the potential to sell millions of consoles to non-gamers.

The problem to me is that if they did make it, it would be like the red-headed stepchild of the Switch's lineup and a constant reminder of the Wii and its branding that Nintendo is trying to kill and bury. So, to me, they either don't do it or create a separate 'quality of life' type brand to put a Switch Fit game in that's advertised (and even sold) separately from the Switch's typical games. Like, even though they'd still have it available in a typical Gamestop, it's de-emphasized there but bundles and individual copies would be prominent in the fitness/health sections of places like Walmart, Kohl's, Kmart, Bed, Bath and Beyond and other places that the product's target demographic would shop.

I agree it would be a great idea to start a new brand. I understand the problem of the Wii brand.

Although it's not a core game, Wii Fit is a great product. The game + Balance Board + calorie tracker is one of the best fitness products out there, putting many mobile fitness apps to shame. As you said, if the Switch's portability, the product would be even better.



My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?


Nah, that fad has passed, surely Nintendo knows this. We probably won't see stuff like Brain Training or Nintendogs either.