Forums - General Discussion - Do we have any LEGO fans here?

How many of you guys collect LEGO or like to buy those "special" sets that catch your eye?

It's starting to become an undeniable reality that we are becoming a LEGO family.  Most recently, my wife aquired all the Scooby Doo LEGO sets (5 total) while she just bought the Force Awakens Millennium Falcon.  My daughter has like over half the entire Friends line plus a few Disney Princess' sets.  I have a small handful of sets such as the LEGO Ideas Yellow Submarine set.  But before that, I have collected almost every Chracter Building Doctor Who construction set, and I currently own all but two sets out of the Assassin's Creed MegaBloks line.  Also from a gaming standpoint, I have almost every minifig from the first year of LEGO Dimensions and almost half of the second.  We've also been buying some of the Chinese knockoff superhero minifigs.  And as the price drops, we see ourselves picking up the DC Superheroes Girls line.

I've seen some pretty extensive collections which we are nowhere near there.  But given the past six years and seeing what out in the market, LEGO certainly is in the forefront of our frivous buying trends.  Anyone else here has an eye for LEGO or something similar?



...said Futaba. (NSFW)

Around the Network
I used to, I collected Bionicles in particular until I was 12 or so, I stopped because buying videogames became more important.

I like the video games, and I buy a lot of Lego Friends toys for my daughter. I also have a Chase McCain set that was made available to buy when Lego city Undercover released on Wii U, In which the number plates on the vehicles had codes to unlock some in game content.

I was collecting LEGO minifigs for the first year of LEGO Dimensions but ended up trading the entire year one set for a bunch of used PS4 games. Also, I was collecting all the Skylanders characters for years but sold a huge bunch of them off. Still have all the Swap Force, Trap Masters and all the Senseis out so far for Imaginators. Eventually I plan to only concentrate on collecting amiibo only. Collecting this stuff is so expensive it's not even funny. But with my plan to collect only amiibo in the future, I can save some money I would have otherwise spent on other collectables. Had to draw the line somewhere, and Nintendo branded collectibles are a better investment.

   

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969

zippy said:
I like the video games, and I buy a lot of Lego Friends toys for my daughter. I also have a Chase McCain set that was made available to buy when Lego city Undercover released on Wii U, In which the number plates on the vehicles had codes to unlock some in game content.

Surprisingly, the LEGO games are rather fun.  I have LotR, MARVEL, and Dimensions as I mentioned earlier.  But it's the licensed franchises and not LEGO itself that attracted me to these titles.  My most compelling justification for Dimensions is Doctor Who.  Playing the Doctor Who section during the main storyline and the level pack was a real nice treat.  I've only sampled the open Doctor Who world so far, but all have paid homage to the Doctor Who universe.



...said Futaba. (NSFW)

I don't collect the special sets, but they are fun to play though I haven't played with Lego in a while D:

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02] 

              

 

 

Here lies the hidden threads. 

 | |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

SonytendoAmiibo said:
I was collecting LEGO minifigs for the first year of LEGO Dimensions but ended up trading the entire year one set for a bunch of used PS4 games. Also, I was collecting all the Skylanders characters for years but sold a huge bunch of them off. Still have all the Swap Force, Trap Masters and all the Senseis out so far for Imaginators. Eventually I plan to only concentrate on collecting amiibo only. Collecting this stuff is so expensive it's not even funny. But with my plan to collect only amiibo in the future, I can save some money I would have otherwise spent on other collectables. Had to draw the line somewhere, and Nintendo branded collectibles are a better investment.

Thankfully, almost everything I bought for Dimensions was on sale.  Of course there were times a better sale came around right after I had made a purchase. It happens.  And then there is the elusive Green Arrow that was only available as a limited edition at some gaming conference.  It's been hovering around $40 on Amazon, but I grabbed one for $22 on ebay.  Yes, $22 for plastic and a data chip is pushing it over the edge, but at least I have one.

I also have the Supergirl as well.



...said Futaba. (NSFW)

LivingMetal said:
SonytendoAmiibo said:
I was collecting LEGO minifigs for the first year of LEGO Dimensions but ended up trading the entire year one set for a bunch of used PS4 games. Also, I was collecting all the Skylanders characters for years but sold a huge bunch of them off. Still have all the Swap Force, Trap Masters and all the Senseis out so far for Imaginators. Eventually I plan to only concentrate on collecting amiibo only. Collecting this stuff is so expensive it's not even funny. But with my plan to collect only amiibo in the future, I can save some money I would have otherwise spent on other collectables. Had to draw the line somewhere, and Nintendo branded collectibles are a better investment.

Thankfully, almost everything I bought for Dimensions was on sale.  Of course there were times a better sale came around right after I had made a purchase. It happens.  And then there is the elusive Green Arrow that was only available as a limited edition at some gaming conference.  It's been hovering around $40 on Amazon, but I grabbed one for $22 on ebay.  Yes, $22 for plastic and a data chip is pushing it over the edge, but at least I have one.

I also have the Supergirl as well.

 

I noticed these packages are not opened yet.......

   

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969

I used to have Lego Island and Lego Creator for PC. I also had Kopaka, Kopaka Nuva, and two Bohroks.

Around the Network
I've bought a few big sets in the last year, Big Ben and Sydney Opera house and I also have 4 of the first Lego Minecraft Sets too, I'm waiting later this year what other sets they bring out.

Bet with AndrewWK: If GTA V sells more than CoD: Ghost by the end of the year I gain 1 months avatar and sig control. I won!

PSN - wolf1596 

3DS FC 2492-4464-4971