So, I was thinking.
We are so close to the Switch´s launch and a lot of people say Nintendo should have gone all out on the 3rd party support thing.
But I think they have a bunch of aces in theirs sleeves, as follows:
- It appeals to parents as a kiddie friendly console, no COD or GTA in the advertisings and colorful fun looking games.
- It appeals to the decent handheld crowd.
- It appeals to the WiiU fanbase cause it is still Nintendo in HD, and there is the tablet touch thing when not docked.
- It appeals to the multi-function lovers, as it does combine a bunch of devices in it.
- It has a brand new piece of tech, the HD Rumble thing, which will probably be a standart next gen.
- It does leave room for low level VR, so, if this boat sails or not, Nintendo has something to offer.
- It has the main Nintendo IP coming.
- There is always the promisse of mid-level Nintendo IPs showing up, which is exciting specially to older gamers.
- It is a fun new little thing, and there is a crowd for such devices.
- It once again avoids going against the big dogs, blue ocean strategy once more.
- And finally, there is no way it will fail harder than the WiiU, so, the only way to go is up.