I just finished this game on normal and boy this has got to be one of the most tedious game i've ever played.
Before any of you assume I'm just hating this game let's point out the good stuff first, I won't go too deep into them.
+ beautiful visuals
+ great atmosphere
+ cutscenes are short and get to the point
+ good voice acting
+ memorable characters
+ ok soundtrack
+ unlimited continues
+ good length
Now let's talk about the negatives that bring the game down.
- weak story
- awful combat mechanic
- tilt grenades with sixaxis
- too much enemies, they come in waves without pause and spawn in random places behind or above you
- enemies can kill you with a few shots but take half of your magazines to get killed
- enemies never run out of ammo
- enemies have 99% perfect aim even with shotguns and grenades and over long distances
- cover, wait, shoot. Repeat.
- npc allies don't do shit you're pretty much on your own during shootouts
- every 10 steps you're ambushed by hordes of goons even in the most illogical places
- whenever you're almost dead the screen turns gray which makes everything harder to see especially during the car and jetski chase
- drive and shoot on a jetski while avoiding explosive barrels, who's stupid idea was this?
- multiple antagonists and they all suck
- the final boss fight sucks ASS
- unsatisfying ending
There, I may have forgotten some good or bad points but I'll be sure to add them if I remember them. I would have added more to the negatives like the simplistic puzzles and the one man army cliché but the former didn't hinder my experience they were just easy and the latter is a common trope in most action games many good ones too.
This game received very good scores on launch and i agree it's not a terrible game but it could have been much better had it focused more on the platforming and exploring and less on the terribly paced over the top action sequences. Anyway agree or disagree!
EDIT: great atmosphere added to positives
tilt grenades with sixaxis added to negatives
Thread title changed but it's still a TERRIBLY flawed and overrated game. A game can be flawed and you can still have fun with it but it was a flawed game back then and it's a flawed game today so please stop using the "2007" excuse over and over guys, Pac-Man is from 1980 and is still a timeless great experience.