Quantcast
Where is Smash for Switch?

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Where is Smash for Switch?

Why no Smash info in the Switch reveal?

Nintendo has Smash secrets. 60 52.17%
 
Nintendo ports take forever. 24 20.87%
 
Sorry, Smash is cancelled in favor of ARMS. 31 26.96%
 
Total:115
NintendoPie said:
Is there a reason people expected a Smash announcement other than just wanting it? Because if no, stop worrying for no reason.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is biggest reason why people had list of Wii U titles to port to Switch.



Around the Network
They can't release everything in the first year. We only got SSB4 in the third year of the Wii U.

Flilix said:
They can't release everything in the first year. We only got SSB4 in the third year of the Wii U.

 

People don't want Nintendo working on Wii U ports for Switch two years from now. They need to get these ports done now so they can start working on new games. Go Nintendo Go! Get R' Done!

   

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969

Augen said:

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is biggest reason why people had list of Wii U titles to port to Switch.

Okay so it was practically just an assumption or hope. 

I sure hope Nintendo doesn't port every big title that they think deserves a bigger audience from Wii U to Switch.



Carl is a Piplup hater and deserves to be punished eternally.

If it's a port, then we should see it at E3 this year. Probably a holiday launch.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Around the Network
Solid-Stark said:
If it's a port, then we should see it at E3 this year. Probably a holiday launch.

 

My hope is Smash will be shown at E3 with new content and goes up for pre-order then and there with a launch late summer.

   

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969

Those were rumors. Unless Nintendo says it don't believe it. And smash 4 is not that old and it got its last dlc last year. Outside of a little graphics bump there is no point in making one not for the system. Mario kart port is coming and the zelda is coming. They can wait to announce smash.

Perhaps we'll get an actual NEW Smash, instead of merely a crappy Wii U port.

Then again, seeing how the lazily titled "Smash Bros for Wii U" turned out, with zero Adventure Mode and very little in the way of other interesting modes outside of traditional fights, I'm not exactly thrilled over the idea of a new Smash. I personally felt, IMO, that Brawl, while not perfect, was the apex of the series. Wii U had a couple of improvements, and a bigger roster (even though NO Ice Climbers), but it also felt like a step back to me in some ways.

I'd also like to see poor Sakurai move on from Smash for good, and go make new IPs like he said he wanted to when he left after Melee. Meteos was fine, and Kid Icarus was whatever, but I'd love to see him cook up some new IPs.

DevilRising said:
Perhaps we'll get an actual NEW Smash, instead of merely a crappy Wii U port.

Then again, seeing how the lazily titled "Smash Bros for Wii U" turned out, with zero Adventure Mode and very little in the way of other interesting modes outside of traditional fights, I'm not exactly thrilled over the idea of a new Smash. I personally felt, IMO, that Brawl, while not perfect, was the apex of the series. Wii U had a couple of improvements, and a bigger roster (even though NO Ice Climbers), but it also felt like a step back to me in some ways.

I'd also like to see poor Sakurai move on from Smash for good, and go make new IPs like he said he wanted to when he left after Melee. Meteos was fine, and Kid Icarus was whatever, but I'd love to see him cook up some new IPs.

 

Didn't Sakurai say the Ice Climbers weren't possible in Smash 4 because of 8 player? Maybe when Nintendo shows Smash for Switch, the Ice Climbers will finally be there. Hell, I'd put them on the box art.

   

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969

Augen said:
NintendoPie said:
Is there a reason people expected a Smash announcement other than just wanting it? Because if no, stop worrying for no reason.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is biggest reason why people had list of Wii U titles to port to Switch.

I can definitely agree with that, it only takes one port for people to theorise about many others, which would probably be more valuable to Nintendo too. Sm4sh could be a fairly strong port in terms of sales if they went through with it, I'd guess.