Quantcast
Is PSVR Sony's next Vita?

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is PSVR Sony's next Vita?

IS PSVR Sony's next Vita?

Nope. 110 44.53%
 
Probably. 118 47.77%
 
What!? The Vita was a huge success! 19 7.69%
 
Total:247

There is a serious supply chain issue with PSVR, so it's hard to tell how it will do when actually available.



Around the Network

I would not be surprised, Sony being an electronics manufacturer, that they are already working on PSVR Mk II. That would explain everything.



   

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969

SonytendoAmiibo said:
I would not be surprised, Sony being an electronics manufacturer, that they are already working on PSVR Mk II. That would explain everything.

ofcourse they are working on it, the tech will improve 10 folds within just the next 2-3 years with eyetracking becoming viable (> foveated rendering to significantly cut down on needed processing power, having the world react to your gaze), with higher resolutions screens and more powerful hardware being available at mass market price points (> much better picture clarity), with higher grade motion sensors that make tracking more robust and possibly even wireless tech having enough of a performance and reliability jump to be incorporated into VR HMDs

but even in more traditional electronics markets that don't see as much technical innovation it's normal to work on the next gen once you push out a product, Nintendo better be starting work on a Switch successor soon even if that won't come for another 6+ years



Lafiel said:
SonytendoAmiibo said:
I would not be surprised, Sony being an electronics manufacturer, that they are already working on PSVR Mk II. That would explain everything.

ofcourse they are working on it, the tech will improve 10 folds within just the next 2-3 years with eyetracking becoming viable (> foveated rendering to significantly cut down on needed processing power, having the world react to your gaze), with higher resolutions screens and more powerful hardware being available at mass market price points (> much better picture clarity), with higher grade motion sensors that make tracking more robust and possibly even wireless tech having enough of a performance and reliability jump to be incorporated into VR HMDs

but even in more traditional electronics markets that don't see as much technical innovation it's normal to work on the next gen once you push out a product, Nintendo better be starting work on a Switch successor soon even if that won't come for another 6+ years

 

Agreed. The future is only going to get even more awesome. This is a really good time to be a consumer of interactive entertainment.

   

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969

PSVR is an investment in things to come; cutting their teeth on the tech and design language while getting in on the ground floor of the medium. I see this incarnation as the trial run so that they can be experienced and prepared when mass market hardware is ready to do it right (better and cheaper). I don't think it's important to Sony that PSVR 1.0 is wildly popular and successful (how could it be at its price and requirements?) but that they build a foundation for when the technology matures. PSVR in the long run will be as successful or unsuccessful as VR itself.



Around the Network
TallSilhouette said:
PSVR is an investment in things to come; cutting their teeth on the tech and design language while getting in on the ground floor of the medium. I see this incarnation as the trial run so that they can be experienced and prepared when mass market hardware is ready to do it right (better and cheaper). I don't think it's important to Sony that PSVR 1.0 is wildly popular and successful (how could it be at its price and requirements?) but that they build a foundation for when the technology matures. PSVR in the long run will be as successful or unsuccessful as VR itself.

 

Sony has stated many times that they think VR is the future of interactive entertainment. Obviously PSVR is just the beginning of a new level of gaming. I can't wait to see what they have in the pipeline. The current PSVR is still expensive for the mass market and has a few kinks to work out like the breakout box and subpar motion controls. But the concept is there for refining.

   

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969

TallSilhouette said:
PSVR is an investment in things to come; cutting their teeth on the tech and design language while getting in on the ground floor of the medium. I see this incarnation as the trial run so that they can be experienced and prepared when mass market hardware is ready to do it right (better and cheaper). I don't think it's important to Sony that PSVR 1.0 is wildly popular and successful (how could it be at its price and requirements?) but that they build a foundation for when the technology matures. PSVR in the long run will be as successful or unsuccessful as VR itself.

This.



PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Kinect sold very well on the 360 and even broke world wide records. Now look at it. If developers don't jump on it and if the price doesn't come down, it's over imo. And no I am not just talking psvr, I'm talking about vr as a whole.



Snoopy said:

Kinect sold very well on the 360 and even broke world wide records. Now look at it. If developers don't jump on it and if the price doesn't come down, it's over imo. And no I am not just talking psvr, I'm talking about vr as a whole.

VR as a whole has life beyond gaming, but I don't see it as a main thing for the future of the gaming industry, at least not for the next 10 years.



Boobs

 

 

RolStoppable said:
SonytendoAmiibo said:

Rol, your creeping me out. Please stop being so nice. Everybody misses the old Rol. Vivster is good, but can't take up all the slack. Since you set your eyes on that mod position the Chartz just hasn't been the same. I just want a return to normalcy around here.

I am still cool.

You evil genius.



Twitter: @d21lewis  --I'll add you if you add me!!