Forums - Sony Discussion - Atlus, Square Enix, Koei Tecmo, Spike Chunsoft and more share 2017 ambitions in Famitsu and Dengeki PlayStation

badgenome said:
Mistwalker’s Hironobu Sakaguchi
“I’m working on a new title. Please look forward to it.”


PLEASE DON'T BE MOBILE SHIT

The Last Story II for Switch plz!



Around the Network
outlawauron said:
deskpro2k3 said:
Square Enix’s Hajime Tabata
“I’m working on updates to Final Fantasy XV. I’m also challenging a great, unannounced expansion.”

yep, on disc paid DLC. I called it! Ha!

How did you draw that conclusion from this?

 

I base it on FFXIV, because their is free patch updates every couple months, and then expansion packs that you have to pay for.  So, it's safe to assume that when Tabata says "expansion" I link that and this video of that out of bounds glitch. Put one and one together and that's how I draw my conclusion.



deskpro2k3 said:
outlawauron said:

How did you draw that conclusion from this?

 

I base it on FFXIV, because their is free patch updates every couple months, and then expansion packs that you have to pay for.  So, it's safe to assume that when Tabata says "expansion" I link that and this video of that out of bounds glitch. Put one and one together and that's how I draw my conclusion.

But those expansion packs that you pay for are never on-disc. On disc DLC refers to the practice of having completed work or materials already in the game that are locked behind a paywall. This is noticable becauses the downloads for such DLC is 100KB-1MB as it's just a unlock file. The video of an out of bounds glitch is not a credible reason to believe that there is completely finished content on the disc that is being withheld for a paywall.

I encourage you to look at other out of bounds glitches for open world games and you'll find that it's very, very common for there to be assets far beyond what you can travel. The Elder Scrolls is a great example of this, because each game takes place in a region of Tamriel, so the other locations are designed in the distance, but aren't playable or traverable in any way. Much like the areas in the glitch video.



outlawauron said:
deskpro2k3 said:

 

I base it on FFXIV, because their is free patch updates every couple months, and then expansion packs that you have to pay for.  So, it's safe to assume that when Tabata says "expansion" I link that and this video of that out of bounds glitch. Put one and one together and that's how I draw my conclusion.

But those expansion packs that you pay for are never on-disc. On disc DLC refers to the practice of having completed work or materials already in the game that are locked behind a paywall. This is noticable becauses the downloads for such DLC is 100KB-1MB as it's just a unlock file. The video of an out of bounds glitch is not a credible reason to believe that there is completely finished content on the disc that is being withheld for a paywall.

I encourage you to look at other out of bounds glitches for open world games and you'll find that it's very, very common for there to be assets far beyond what you can travel. The Elder Scrolls is a great example of this, because each game takes place in a region of Tamriel, so the other locations are designed in the distance, but aren't playable or traverable in any way. Much like the areas in the glitch video.

 

What you say is true, but this is square enix we're talking about here, throw logic out the window lol.



D3 Publisher’s Yujiro Usuda
“We’re working on a number of titles that will get our users’ antennae hard.”

------------



Go on...

Why is this in the Sony discussion?

The thing that interests me the most is the quote from Kazuyuki Yamai. The last project he worked on was SMT4. I'm not sure he worked on Apocalypse (I hope not), so it sounds like we may be getting an SMTV announcement relatively soon in celebration of SMTs 25th anniversary.

He was also the director for Noctorne, so like, fingers crossed.

Well, this is new.

Read.

spemanig said:
Why is this in the Sony discussion?

The thing that interests me the most is the quote from Kazuyuki Yamai. The last project he worked on was SMT4. I'm not sure he worked on Apocalypse (I hope not), so it sounds like we may be getting an SMTV announcement relatively soon in celebration of SMTs 25th anniversary.

He was also the director for Noctorne, so like, fingers crossed.

These are Japanese developers.



outlawauron said:
spemanig said:
Why is this in the Sony discussion?

The thing that interests me the most is the quote from Kazuyuki Yamai. The last project he worked on was SMT4. I'm not sure he worked on Apocalypse (I hope not), so it sounds like we may be getting an SMTV announcement relatively soon in celebration of SMTs 25th anniversary.

He was also the director for Noctorne, so like, fingers crossed.

These are Japanese developers.

Right. Why is it not in gaming? This isn't a Sony centric topic.



Well, this is new.

Read.

spemanig said:
outlawauron said:

These are Japanese developers.

Right. Why is it not in gaming? This isn't a Sony centric topic.

I was attempting to make a joke lol



Around the Network
outlawauron said:
spemanig said:

Right. Why is it not in gaming? This isn't a Sony centric topic.

I was attempting to make a joke lol

Oh lmao I'm sorry!



Well, this is new.

Read.