Quantcast
The Moderator Thread

Forums - Website Topics - The Moderator Thread

It was, in that case *shrug* it might have been the moon



 "I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
It was, in that case *shrug* it might have been the moon

Huh?



Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Looking at the images It is fairly clear why they got you warned.
"The celebration of the re-birth of MR imaginary himself" is clearly a shot at the religion.

Infact I'd say both images are clearly mocking the religion.

Even the comment along the lines of "make sure you point that out" it aggressive. Why point it out? Why do I care if Christians don't know that Easter and Christmas are holidays "taken" to try and spread around their religions?



  • Deadliest mass shooting by an individual in US history (10/01/2017)
  • Deadliest high school shooting in US history (02/14/2018)
  • Deadliest massacre of Jews in US history (10/27/2018)
  • Political assassination attempt of TWO former presidents(and 10+ other people)  (10/23/2018 - and beyond)
AbbathTheGrim said:
kirby007 said:
Can you link the image that was removed?

Is your post about my warning?

My post contained those two pictures, there wasn't a third one. The moderator didn't delete any of the pictures or at least I still see them.

The pictures are memes about Eostre and how Easter has a pagan origin.

The second is one of Jesus (a screenshot from The Passion of Christ movie) where there is a quote of him saying "... for the love of god, have the bunny hide my eggs..."

Do you still see the pictures? I still see them.

They are still there.



Chinese food for breakfast

 

Bandorr said:
Looking at the images It is fairly clear why they got you warned.
"The celebration of the re-birth of MR imaginary himself" is clearly a shot at the religion.

Infact I'd say both images are clearly mocking the religion.

Even the comment along the lines of "make sure you point that out" it aggressive. Why point it out? Why do I care if Christians don't know that Easter and Christmas are holidays "taken" to try and spread around their religions?

Why point out that 2 + 2 is not equal to 7? Because that is a false statement and I have the freedom to point out a false statement.

Do we need to stop clarifying that 2 + 2 isn't equal to 7 because of the possible emotional attachment that people may have for that number?



Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Around the Network
AbbathTheGrim said:
Bandorr said:
Looking at the images It is fairly clear why they got you warned.
"The celebration of the re-birth of MR imaginary himself" is clearly a shot at the religion.

Infact I'd say both images are clearly mocking the religion.

Even the comment along the lines of "make sure you point that out" it aggressive. Why point it out? Why do I care if Christians don't know that Easter and Christmas are holidays "taken" to try and spread around their religions?

Why point out that 2 + 2 is not equal to 7? Because that is a false statement and I have the freedom to point out a false statement.

Do we need to stop clarifying that 2 + 2 isn't equal to 7 because of the possible emotional attachment that people may have for that number?

If someone is doing math and I point out the formula is wrong and they correct it - that is good.

If someone thinks 2+2 is 7, and actually thinks that - what do I gain by having any argument with a wall?

When has EVER pointing out someone being a hypocrite ever gone well?

If I yell at someone for thinking 2+2 is 7 - I could get in trouble for yelling at them. Why would I get in trouble for arguing with someone that doesn't want to change or accept fact.

You also ignored my previous points. Your images mocked their religion.  Calling him "Mr imaginary" is offensive to them. While at the same point getting you nothing.

If you start with mocking them - how can there ever be a discussion worth having?



  • Deadliest mass shooting by an individual in US history (10/01/2017)
  • Deadliest high school shooting in US history (02/14/2018)
  • Deadliest massacre of Jews in US history (10/27/2018)
  • Political assassination attempt of TWO former presidents(and 10+ other people)  (10/23/2018 - and beyond)
Bandorr said:
AbbathTheGrim said:

Why point out that 2 + 2 is not equal to 7? Because that is a false statement and I have the freedom to point out a false statement.

Do we need to stop clarifying that 2 + 2 isn't equal to 7 because of the possible emotional attachment that people may have for that number?

If someone is doing math and I point out the formula is wrong and they correct it - that is good.

If someone thinks 2+2 is 7, and actually thinks that - what do I gain by having any argument with a wall?

When has EVER pointing out someone being a hypocrite ever gone well?

If I yell at someone for thinking 2+2 is 7 - I could get in trouble for yelling at them. Why would I get in trouble for arguing with someone that doesn't want to change or accept fact.

You also ignored my previous points. Your images mocked their religion.  Calling him "Mr imaginary" is offensive to them. While at the same point getting you nothing.

If you start with mocking them - how can there ever be a discussion worth having?

First, people change their minds and some don't, you don't know until you try. You can try to convince flat-earthers that the Earth is not flat and you sure as hell don't allow the public space be dominated by their claims simply because of the attachment that they have to the idea of a flat earth.

Second, the public space won't be yielded by default to the idea of a god. People have the freedom to claim that this being they call god exists, and I have the freedom to point out that there is zero anything to falsify for that claim.

Even if you don't change the mind of someone, there are still people reading that can be confronted with what is being discussed and help them form an opinion.

I have heard the testimony of people who say that accepting a reason and evidenced based outlook of life and reality was a process that took time, is not something that you can expect to happen overnight.

But this is a discussion about what in specific is offensive in those picture according to the Mod Team and taking in consideration that Atheist have the freedom to express that the idea of a god is a false premise (unless the Mod Team tells me that isn't the case and then it will be made clear) I can speak my mind about it.

Even if no one changes their mind that is beside the point, I am just expressing myself about religion and I am here asking mods to let me know and clarify the stance of the Mod Team regarding the discussion of religion and the idea of a god.

That which is not based on testable and falsifiable contents of reality belongs to the creativity of the mind and is an idea.

I am interested in getting a clarification by the Mod Team, you know, those that issue warnings and make policies because those are the ones that shape the discussions and set precedents of what can be discussed and posted here.

Last edited by AbbathTheGrim - on 11 April 2019

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Without commenting on anything in particular, I feel like it's a good time to remind people that most of the rule set can be condensed into a simple term - "Don't be a dick."



Carl said:
Without commenting on anything in particular, I feel like it's a good time to remind people that most of the rule set can be condensed into a simple term - "Don't be a dick."

Now carl i dont wanna be a dick, but actually being a dick or being percieved as a dick are two different stories



 "I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

kirby007 said:
Carl said:
Without commenting on anything in particular, I feel like it's a good time to remind people that most of the rule set can be condensed into a simple term - "Don't be a dick."

Now carl i dont wanna be a dick, but actually being a dick or being percieved as a dick are two different stories

And that's a tricky thing, I concede.

And it is specially tricky when it comes to religion.

The way that I have seen this being tackled in other places is by separating the religion from the believers. You can criticize the claims of a religion, the contents of scriptures but not refer to believers and call them names.

But of course, the Mod Team decides the policies here and I don't pretend to come here to change policies, I am just trying to find a clarification.

Also, the religion thing is specially tricky given the fact that religion finds a wide array of things as offensive, and so that's a bottomless hole that the protection of religious sentiments leads everything down to.



Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1