Quantcast
6.2m PS4s sold during the Holiday season, PS4 sold through at 53.4m, Uncharted 4 at 8.7m

Forums - Sales Discussion - 6.2m PS4s sold during the Holiday season, PS4 sold through at 53.4m, Uncharted 4 at 8.7m

poklane said:

This wasn't mentioned in the press release, but PS4 software sales are at 401.1million. http://www.thewolfhall.com/ps4/sie-japan-gm-ps4-pro-psvr-supply-issues/
That's 7.51 games per console.

I assume this is as of the same date as the 53.4m PS4s sold through number is, but I'm not sure.

Very cool. I think PS4 will surpass PS2 in total game sales. With PSVR, constant access to all games via the PlayStation Store, and $5 flash sales, it is easier than ever to obtain a massive amount of games. I have already bought 33 VR titles for PSVR since launch, and I bought over 100 games all together last year. So far this year I already bought 6 games.

I hope they get around to releasing PS One Classics with 4K/60fps and trophy support. More PS2 classics would be great as well. Maybe even PS3 even if only possible on PS4 Pro.



Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network

The King has returned. The king of Gaming ladies and gents. Gaming is in peak form when Sony is on top. And I can say that by the end of this gen between Switch and PS4 home consoles will thrive in Japan again.

Mark.My.Words



Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

ShadowSoldier said:
The King has returned. The king of Gaming ladies and gents. Gaming is in peak form when Sony is on top. And I can say that by the end of this gen between Switch and PS4 home consoles will thrive in Japan again.

Mark.My.Words

Sony has always been doing great though. Their 'worst' year still saw them sell 80 million consoles and 80 million handheld devices. 



poklane said:

This wasn't mentioned in the press release, but PS4 software sales are at 401.1million. http://www.thewolfhall.com/ps4/sie-japan-gm-ps4-pro-psvr-supply-issues/
That's 7.51 games per console.

I assume this is as of the same date as the 53.4m PS4s sold through number is, but I'm not sure.

A NeoGAF poster said that ~

PS3 was at 230 million SW at the same point in its life

Wii was at 510 million SW at the same point in its life

 

It's selling almost twice as much software as the PS3.



monocle_layton said:
ShadowSoldier said:
The King has returned. The king of Gaming ladies and gents. Gaming is in peak form when Sony is on top. And I can say that by the end of this gen between Switch and PS4 home consoles will thrive in Japan again.

Mark.My.Words

Sony has always been doing great though. Their 'worst' year still saw them sell 80 million consoles and 80 million handheld devices. 

While true, it didn't stop everyone from throwing doom and gloom on them. Especially here, I remember the threads. To be fair Sony were bleeding quite a bit of money back then.



Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi