Quantcast
Obama should close his mouth and leave in dignity

Forums - Politics Discussion - Obama should close his mouth and leave in dignity

Lefil said:

“Political Correctness” is a myth, we just want people stop being assholes. What parents would want their child to grow up acting like Donald Trump? 

You do realize that political correctness comes straight out of the playbook of the old Soviet Union.  Marxist governments have an absolute need to eliminate freedom of speech from a society less people will realize that they have become slaves to their own government.  I quote Wikipedia but you can find this in basically any history book:

All media in the Soviet Union were controlled by the state including television and radio broadcasting, newspaper, magazine and book publishing. This was achieved by state ownership of all production facilities, thus making all those employed in media state employees. This extended to the fine arts including the theater, opera and ballet. Art and music was controlled by ownership of distribution and performance venues.

Censorship was backed in cases where performances did not meet with the favor of the Soviet leadership with newspaper campaigns against offending material and sanctions applied though party controlled professional organizations.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Censorship_in_the_Soviet_Union

This is exactly where we are now:  the establishment that controls Washington and Obama also controls virtually all print and television media.  Alternative online media is being labelled as "fake news" and is being censored actively by online services.  Factual evidence that incriminated Hillary and the democrats was treated as unsubstiated rumors during the election while Trump was blasted as being "Hitler" or worse while he has never even called for violent acts to be comitted against individuals or groups of people.  The real reason the media and establishment hates Trump is because he is not controlled by them, you need to wake up because political correctness is a construct that is meant to control your mind and your thoughts.  By subscribing to political correctness your mind will be shielded from ever questioning those who control the message no matter how heinous their crimes are.  Simple answers don't exist in this world, and sometimes people need to be impolite in order to warn you about the bad things that are going on.



Around the Network
Lefil said:

“Political Correctness” is a myth, we just want people stop being assholes. What parents would want their child to grow up acting like Donald Trump? 

 

 

Well stoping people from saying racist things is fine.

 

Stoping people from speaking anything divergent from group think is wrong.



I hate both DEM and GOP parties, they're both cowards, corrupt, and useless to the good of the country/world.

But it's disturbing the number of people in here who seem to genuinely support Trump. Either there's some masterful trolling going on, or a lot of people actually think this billionaire Wall Street elite, who has BEEN one of those special interests corrupting Congress for decades, and a shitty reality show star, is now holding "the highest office in the land". I don't care what your political affiliation is, no matter how you try to spin it, this is an embarrassment for the country.

And embarrassment we perhaps deserve. But an embarrassment nonetheless.



Illusion said:
Lefil said:

“Political Correctness” is a myth, we just want people stop being assholes. What parents would want their child to grow up acting like Donald Trump? 

You do realize that political correctness comes straight out of the playbook of the old Soviet Union.  Marxist governments have an absolute need to eliminate freedom of speech from a society less people will realize that they have become slaves to their own government.  I quote Wikipedia but you can find this in basically any history book:

All media in the Soviet Union were controlled by the state including television and radio broadcasting, newspaper, magazine and book publishing. This was achieved by state ownership of all production facilities, thus making all those employed in media state employees. This extended to the fine arts including the theater, opera and ballet. Art and music was controlled by ownership of distribution and performance venues.

Censorship was backed in cases where performances did not meet with the favor of the Soviet leadership with newspaper campaigns against offending material and sanctions applied though party controlled professional organizations.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Censorship_in_the_Soviet_Union

This is exactly where we are now:  the establishment that controls Washington and Obama also controls virtually all print and television media.  Alternative online media is being labelled as "fake news" and is being censored actively by online services.  Factual evidence that incriminated Hillary and the democrats was treated as unsubstiated rumors during the election while Trump was blasted as being "Hitler" or worse while he has never even called for violent acts to be comitted against individuals or groups of people.  The real reason the media and establishment hates Trump is because he is not controlled by them, you need to wake up because political correctness is a construct that is meant to control your mind and your thoughts.  By subscribing to political correctness your mind will be shielded from ever questioning those who control the message no matter how heinous their crimes are.  Simple answers don't exist in this world, and sometimes people need to be impolite in order to warn you about the bad things that are going on.

Freedom of Speech does not equal being able to say whatever the hell you want and people just smiling about it. 

Societally we've evolved to the point where being a racist or sexist or homophobic asshole isn't as permitted today. 

There's nothing Marxist about our society, lol, there's never probably been a more hyper-consumerist/capitalist society in the history of the world. Corporations even have the same rights of individuals now and completely own both political parties. There's never been greater income inequality in the US. 

Hitler did not start off putting people in concentration camps, he started off with rhetoric, picking mainly on Jews for most of Germany's problems. When a politican starts scape goating minority groups for political gain, it should send off red flags, it's a despicable tactic. 



Soundwave said:

Freedom of Speech does not equal being able to say whatever the hell you want and people just smiling about it. 

Societally we've evolved to the point where being a racist or sexist or homophobic asshole isn't as permitted today. 

There's nothing Marxist about our society, lol, there's never probably been a more hyper-consumerist/capitalist society in the history of the world. Corporations even have the same rights of individuals now and completely own both political parties. There's never been greater income inequality in the US. 

Hitler did not start off putting people in concentration camps, he started off with rhetoric, picking mainly on Jews for most of Germany's problems. When a politican starts scape goating minority groups for political gain, it should send off red flags, it's a despicable tactic. 

Well every Marxist society has a ruling class that is quite wealthy and has massive control over the minds of the "great unwashed" that exists beneath them (they just pretend on the surface to be equal to everybody else just like our lousy leaders do).  This element of control through the media in western society has definitely been borrowed from Marxism.  That said, I do concede that there are differences between the west and 20th century socialism and while I am not an apologist for capitalism, I do not believe that America is a good example of capitalism either seeing as how most of the large corporations are controlled by the same people who control government and so no real competition exists.

"Racist", "Sexist", "Homophobic" are deliberately vague words so that they can be used to censor any speech that those in power do not want to be heard.  For example, what has Trump done that makes him homophobic?  He has endorsed people with same-sex attraction during his campaign and he has even gone on record supporting same-sex issues many years before they were recognized in law.  What has Trump done that is racist?  Yes, he is strong on national security but I have never heard him say once that he doesn't want peaceful Muslim people or hard-working hispanic people coming to the USA.  In fact, I have heard him on numerous occasions hold up African American and hispanic individuals as great examples of American citizens during his rallies.  Sorry, but that's a far cry from Hitler who compared the differences between a German skull and a jewish skull to argue that jews belonged to a lower species.  Using a label like "racist" just eliminates to need to analyze the facts.  It's a two-syllable word that can be repeated again and again in headlines and is meant to shut-down debate.  This is the definition of propaganda and is also an example of the low-intelligence American consumerism where everybody just eats everything that they are told without analyzing the truth.  It's harmful to free speech for the mainstream corporate media to be allowed to attack Trump using vague labels like "racist" which lead the uninformed public to the assumption that he is in the same boat as a man like Hitler without clarification.  This could be slanderous and if it were done by an individual, but the corporate media never has to explain its own actions because its a walking shadow that delivers a strictly one-way communication medium with no means for the public to refute or question its message (again, this is characteristic of propaganda).



Around the Network
Illusion said:
Soundwave said:

Freedom of Speech does not equal being able to say whatever the hell you want and people just smiling about it. 

Societally we've evolved to the point where being a racist or sexist or homophobic asshole isn't as permitted today. 

There's nothing Marxist about our society, lol, there's never probably been a more hyper-consumerist/capitalist society in the history of the world. Corporations even have the same rights of individuals now and completely own both political parties. There's never been greater income inequality in the US. 

Hitler did not start off putting people in concentration camps, he started off with rhetoric, picking mainly on Jews for most of Germany's problems. When a politican starts scape goating minority groups for political gain, it should send off red flags, it's a despicable tactic. 

Well every Marxist society has a ruling class that is quite wealthy and has massive control over the minds of the "great unwashed" that exists beneath them (they just pretend on the surface to be equal to everybody else just like our lousy leaders do).  This element of control through the media in western society has definitely been borrowed from Marxism.  That said, I do concede that there are differences between the west and 20th century socialism and while I am not an apologist for capitalism, I do not believe that America is a good example of capitalism either seeing as how most of the large corporations are controlled by the same people who control government and so no real competition exists.

"Racist", "Sexist", "Homophobic" are deliberately vague words so that they can be used to censor any speech that those in power do not want to be heard.  For example, what has Trump done that makes him homophobic?  He has endorsed people with same-sex attraction during his campaign and he has even gone on record supporting same-sex issues many years before they were recognized in law.  What has Trump done that is racist?  Yes, he is strong on national security but I have never heard him say once that he doesn't want peaceful Muslim people or hard-working hispanic people coming to the USA.  In fact, I have heard him on numerous occasions hold up African American and hispanic individuals as great examples of American citizens during his rallies.  Sorry, but that's a far cry from Hitler who compared the differences between a German skull and a jewish skull to argue that jews belonged to a lower species.  Using a label like "racist" just eliminates to need to analyze the facts.  It's a two-syllable word that can be repeated again and again in headlines and is meant to shut-down debate.  This is the definition of propaganda and is also an example of the low-intelligence American consumerism where everybody just eats everything that they are told without analyzing the truth.  It's harmful to free speech for the mainstream corporate media to be allowed to attack Trump using vague labels like "racist" which lead the uninformed public to the assumption that he is in the same boat as a man like Hitler without clarification.  This could be slanderous and if it were done by an individual, but the corporate media never has to explain its own actions because its a walking shadow that delivers a strictly one-way communication medium with no means for the public to refute or question its message (again, this is characteristic of propaganda).

Trump's made numerous duplicitious statements. 

Lets say a political candidate said this:

"White men are shooting up our movie theaters, they are the number 1 group of serial killers, and some of them .... I assume are good people, but we need to set up a database to monitor them more closely.". 

Or some other generalizing statement, I bet you'd have a big problem with that. He's also retweeted white supremasists among other things. 

His reputation and everything that it's associated with is well deserved. As a matter of fact he said many things this campaign that would sink most any candidate, he is given a pass on many things becuase he's branded himself as the shock politican/outrageous/crazy candidate. 

His Vice Presidential choice is a man who believes in converstion theraphy for gays/lesbians, this is the second in command of the country. 

He may be worse than a racist in my book. A racist is someone who believes one race to be superior/inferior. Trump utilizes dog whistle racism to manipulate racists for his personal gain. So he's manipualting those people, which I feel is actually worse. There's a reason the KKK has endorsed him. 

These aren't "coincidences" or "poor Donald, people just don't understand the real Donald". He is what he is. 



Soundwave said:

Trump's made numerous duplicitious statements. 

Lets say a political candidate said this:

"White men are shooting up our movie theaters, they are the number 1 group of serial killers, and some of them .... I assume are good people, but we need to set up a database to monitor them more closely.". 

Or some other generalizing statement, I bet you'd have a big problem with that. He's also retweeted white supremasists among other things. 

His reputation and everything that it's associated with is well deserved. As a matter of fact he said many things this campaign that would sink most any candidate, he is given a pass on many things becuase he's branded himself as the shock politican/outrageous/crazy candidate. 

His Vice Presidential choice is a man who believes in converstion theraphy for gays/lesbians, this is the second in command of the country. 

He may be worse than a racist in my book. A racist is someone who believes one race to be superior/inferior. Trump utilizes dog whistle racism to manipulate racists for his personal gain. So he's manipualting those people, which I feel is actually worse. There's a reason the KKK has endorsed him. 

These aren't "coincidences" or "poor Donald, people just don't understand the real Donald". He is what he is. 

Can you please share with me some of the quotes where he re-tweeted words from white supremascists?  I would also like to understand the context of these tweets and whether Trump was knowingly promoting a racist idea or somebody who presented himself/herself as a racist individual or if he was just re-tweeting an innocuous message from a user that he agreed with.  It's a two-party sysem and so scum like the KKK are going to back one of the two mainstream parties just like the violent elements within Black Lives Matter and various Islamic extremist groups probably supported Hillary.  I certainly have no time for the KKK and if I ever heard Trump clearly and explicitly praising that group I would disown him in front of you on this message board.  That said, I do not believe such proof exists, just conjecture and yet this is enough for the mainstream media to label Trump with certainty as being a demagogue or Hitler.  Also, is Trump proposing a database to monitor all brown Americans or just people coming into the USA from certain countries that have high prevalence of terrorism?  Those two policies sound very different to me.  That said, if Trump institutes a policy where only members of certain skin color within these countries get screened, I would certainly agree with you.

My mind is not closed on this matter, if you can show me speech where Trump is clearly advocating a criminal act against an individual or a group of individuals, I would stop supporting him right now.   That's the beauty of the term "hate speech,"  it has clear parameters by which a person can be convicted.   Homophobia, racism and sexism, on the other hand, are these vague concepts used by the media to tar and feather people like some kind of witch hunt.  Those in the media claim to be so educated and so it's a shame that they seem incapable of understanding legal terms such as "balance of probablities" or "reasonable doubt" when it comes to evidence.  It would be different if they just said that they didn't like him (which would be the truth), instead they hide behind these concepts and lump Trump in with Hitler as though it is fact.  This is just dishonest.



Mr Puggsly said:
Obama is so full of shit. Trump was the number one enemy of the media and I didnt see much about the emails outside right wing media. The grabbing pussy thing was used to ruin Trump by the media.

The dems are blaming everyone but themselves for taking a beating this election.

Yes, the private email server should have been mentioned by Obama, but Acting as though it's fine for a president elect to have a history of sexually harassing women.

 

It's not about the words he said...it's what they mean. 



 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Illusion said:
Soundwave said:

Trump's made numerous duplicitious statements. 

Lets say a political candidate said this:

"White men are shooting up our movie theaters, they are the number 1 group of serial killers, and some of them .... I assume are good people, but we need to set up a database to monitor them more closely.". 

Or some other generalizing statement, I bet you'd have a big problem with that. He's also retweeted white supremasists among other things. 

His reputation and everything that it's associated with is well deserved. As a matter of fact he said many things this campaign that would sink most any candidate, he is given a pass on many things becuase he's branded himself as the shock politican/outrageous/crazy candidate. 

His Vice Presidential choice is a man who believes in converstion theraphy for gays/lesbians, this is the second in command of the country. 

He may be worse than a racist in my book. A racist is someone who believes one race to be superior/inferior. Trump utilizes dog whistle racism to manipulate racists for his personal gain. So he's manipualting those people, which I feel is actually worse. There's a reason the KKK has endorsed him. 

These aren't "coincidences" or "poor Donald, people just don't understand the real Donald". He is what he is. 

Can you please share with me some of the quotes where he re-tweeted words from white supremascists?  I would also like to understand the context of these tweets and whether Trump was knowingly promoting a racist idea or somebody who presented himself/herself as a racist individual or if he was just re-tweeting an innocuous message from a user that he agreed with.  It's a two-party sysem and so scum like the KKK are going to back one of the two mainstream parties just like the violent elements within Black Lives Matter and various Islamic extremist groups probably supported Hillary.  I certainly have no time for the KKK and if I ever heard Trump clearly and explicitly praising that group I would disown him in front of you on this message board.  That said, I do not believe such proof exists, just conjecture and yet this is enough for the mainstream media to label Trump with certainty as being a demagogue or Hitler.  Also, is Trump proposing a database to monitor all brown Americans or just people coming into the USA from certain countries that have high prevalence of terrorism?  Those two policies sound very different to me.  That said, if Trump institutes a policy where only members of certain skin color within these countries get screened, I would certainly agree with you.

My mind is not closed on this matter, if you can show me speech where Trump is clearly advocating a criminal act against an individual or a group of individuals, I would stop supporting him right now.   That's the beauty of the term "hate speech,"  it has clear parameters by which a person can be convicted.   Homophobia, racism and sexism, on the other hand, are these vague concepts used by the media to tar and feather people like some kind of witch hunt.  Those in the media claim to be so educated and so it's a shame that they seem incapable of understanding legal terms such as "balance of probablities" or "reasonable doubt" when it comes to evidence.  It would be different if they just said that they didn't like him (which would be the truth), instead they hide behind these concepts and lump Trump in with Hitler as though it is fact.  This is just dishonest.

Retweeted white supremastits 75 times:

http://www.politicususa.com/2016/07/03/proof-racism-accidenttrump-retweeted-white-supremacists-75-times.html

KKK endorses Trump:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/11/01/the-kkks-official-newspaper-has-endorsed-donald-trump-for-president/?utm_term=.00d01b0a2ea3

He dog whistles it away after the fact, for example let me show you a classic Trump maneuver, David Duke, a white supremasist and KKK leader endorsed him. 

Trump instead of disavowing Duke and distancing himself (which he knows would turn off some of the audience that is fuelling his campaign) claims he doesn't know David Duke or anything about him. 

This was proven false because he had talked about David Duke years before. What that shows is he's purposefully manipulating the situation to further his political career, which is a disgusting tactic IMO. 

Another example, when given a chance on NBC to disavow the KKK, Trump hesitated to do it and then afterwards blamed a bad ear piece for not being able to hear the question even though it was repeated to him several times:

http://www.today.com/news/donald-trump-kkk-non-answer-very-bad-earpiece-made-it-t76661

I could go on. Note I don't think Trump (or at least maybe it's naive hope at this point) believes in all these things, but I think it's equally or even more despicable to fan the flames and try to profiteer politically off this stuff. He knows what he's doing. 



Illusion said:
Lefil said:

“Political Correctness” is a myth, we just want people stop being assholes. What parents would want their child to grow up acting like Donald Trump? 

You do realize that political correctness comes straight out of the playbook of the old Soviet Union.  Marxist governments have an absolute need to eliminate freedom of speech from a society less people will realize that they have become slaves to their own government.  I quote Wikipedia but you can find this in basically any history book:

All media in the Soviet Union were controlled by the state including television and radio broadcasting, newspaper, magazine and book publishing. This was achieved by state ownership of all production facilities, thus making all those employed in media state employees. This extended to the fine arts including the theater, opera and ballet. Art and music was controlled by ownership of distribution and performance venues.

Censorship was backed in cases where performances did not meet with the favor of the Soviet leadership with newspaper campaigns against offending material and sanctions applied though party controlled professional organizations.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Censorship_in_the_Soviet_Union

This is exactly where we are now:  the establishment that controls Washington and Obama also controls virtually all print and television media.  Alternative online media is being labelled as "fake news" and is being censored actively by online services.  Factual evidence that incriminated Hillary and the democrats was treated as unsubstiated rumors during the election while Trump was blasted as being "Hitler" or worse while he has never even called for violent acts to be comitted against individuals or groups of people.  The real reason the media and establishment hates Trump is because he is not controlled by them, you need to wake up because political correctness is a construct that is meant to control your mind and your thoughts.  By subscribing to political correctness your mind will be shielded from ever questioning those who control the message no matter how heinous their crimes are.  Simple answers don't exist in this world, and sometimes people need to be impolite in order to warn you about the bad things that are going on.

State censorship and politcal correctness are not the same thing.  At all. 

Censorship is the eradication of all discussion about a topic.  Political correcteness is the framing of the discussion to be inclusive without marginalizing others within it.  The former ceases all discussion.  The latter frames the discussion.

I sincerely hope you do not consider that to mean the same thing.



Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."