Quantcast
I flew too close to the 1TF sun and my Switch wings melted.

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I flew too close to the 1TF sun and my Switch wings melted.

RolStoppable said:
SonytendoAmiibo said:

Well, to be fair, Reggie called the Switch a home console, not Nintendo. But isn't Reggie Nintendo?

And also...... Virtual Boy portable. It was self contained. You just needed a table to put it on.

http://nintendotoday.com/reggie-nx-home-console/

I can't check the original source for the question he was asked (not a subscriber of Wall Street Journal), but I suppose it really was about whether or not Nintendo will be exiting the home console market. Given that NX was kept under wraps to hide what exactly Nintendo was doing, you can't expect Reggie to say anything else at that point in time.

The quote I was refering to in my previous post is a lot more recent, where Nintendo refered to Switch as a home gaming system first. A gaming PC is a home gaming system too, doesn't mean that Nintendo called Switch a gaming PC. So likewise, it doesn't mean home console either. Additionally, being something first obviously means that it can do something else too. Switch isn't as constrained as what we know as home console.

 

Reggie could have called it a "dedicated game system" like Iwata-san did when we first learned about project NX but he didn't. He said home console. The later quote Nintendo made calling Switch a "home gaming system" just reinforces what Reggie said back in 2015. Nintendo is literally in the mindset that the Switch is a home console. It has to be to replace the Wii U.

   

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969

Around the Network
SonytendoAmiibo said:

Reggie could have called it a "dedicated game system" like Iwata-san did when we first learned about project NX but he didn't. He said home console. The later quote Nintendo made calling Switch a "home gaming system" just reinforces what Reggie said back in 2015. Nintendo is literally in the mindset that the Switch is a home console. It has to be to replace the Wii U.

Do you have access to the Wall Street Journal to check the question Reggie got asked?

But no, Switch doesn't need to be a conventional home console to replace the Wii U.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

RolStoppable said:
SonytendoAmiibo said:

Reggie could have called it a "dedicated game system" like Iwata-san did when we first learned about project NX but he didn't. He said home console. The later quote Nintendo made calling Switch a "home gaming system" just reinforces what Reggie said back in 2015. Nintendo is literally in the mindset that the Switch is a home console. It has to be to replace the Wii U.

Do you have access to the Wall Street Journal to check the question Reggie got asked?

But no, Switch doesn't need to be a conventional home console to replace the Wii U.

Also because a magnificent replacement for Wii U already exists:






Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 
 


Nintendo's gotten people in a tizzy with the NX from the start.

Remember when it was impossible for it to be a hybrid type device because it had to be a console? It was using a Polaris AMD chipset because it was a home console for sure? 

You guys read too much into certain things that Nintendo says. Just use some common sense. Nintendo PR is just BS 30-40% of the time.

Remember how the Switch/NX was supposed to be nothing like the Wii U at all? Wii U was *not* being phased out in 2016? Lots more Wii U games were coming? If Nintendo said Switch was a dog, some people I swear would put a leash on it and try walking it.

Take everything Nintendo says with a giant pinch of salt. They label/say things that make sense for them in that exact moment. 3 weeks later, their mind can change on anything (ahem, 3DS XL is not coming ... oh yeah here's 3DS XL, we're not making smartphone games ... hey look at our new partnership with DeNA for smartphone games, etc. etc. etc.). 



Alby_da_Wolf said:
RolStoppable said:

Do you have access to the Wall Street Journal to check the question Reggie got asked?

But no, Switch doesn't need to be a conventional home console to replace the Wii U.

Also because a magnificent replacement for Wii U already exists:




 

Now that is one sexy looking dock. My jam is ready!

   

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969

Around the Network
Soundwave said:

Nintendo's gotten people in a tizzy with the NX from the start.

Remember when it was impossible for it to be a hybrid type device because it had to be a console? It was using a Polaris AMD chipset because it was a home console for sure? 

You guys read too much into certain things that Nintendo says. Just use some common sense. Nintendo PR is just BS 30-40% of the time.

Remember how the Switch/NX was supposed to be nothing like the Wii U at all? Wii U was *not* being phased out in 2016? Lots more Wii U games were coming? If Nintendo said Switch was a dog, some people I swear would put a leash on it and try walking it.

Take everything Nintendo says with a giant pinch of salt. They label/say things that make sense for them in that exact moment. 3 weeks later, their mind can change on anything (ahem, 3DS XL is not coming ... oh yeah here's 3DS XL, we're not making smartphone games ... hey look at our new partnership with DeNA for smartphone games, etc. etc. etc.). 

the people who were saying that have long since ran