Quantcast
Locked: I was fired tonight

Forums - General Discussion - I was fired tonight

How much does one earn per hour working at Walmart? Is above min. wage? Did you have a career path for you?



Around the Network
SkepticallyMinded said:
DonFerrari said:

I'm not an American Citizen, so please teach me.

And again there isn't a need for a crime to justify the termination.

Virtually all speech no matter how much it upsets you is protected under the 1st amendment. The only time it is not is when it is likely to incite imminent lawless actions. If I walk into the ghetto and start calling people the N word, it's likely to incite imminent lawless action in the form of retalliation via fist to my face. Under this circumstance my speech would not be protected. 

Never even mentioned termination or whether it was justified so I've no idea why you've insinuated I have. Time to collect yourself, you're losing it.

The topic is about the termination so if you weren't even smallest interested in dicussing you shouldn't even entered the thread.

And about the crime or not, unless you are a lawyer or judge I won't put much weight on your opinion of how much it could be or not interpreted as a crime since it seems quite a bit of american citizen in this thread would budge to the hate speech crime in this. The symbol itself is a recolection of violence.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

I've never heard of anyone getting fired for something like your situation. They also need to prove that your co-worker was making the swastika to use for racial discrimination or hate and that you were in cahoots with him.

They can't automatically fire you just because they were offended by a sign. Unless the swastika is illegal in the US, I mean is it?



tiffac said:

I've never heard of anyone getting fired for something like your situation. They also need to prove that your co-worker was making the swastika to use for racial discrimination or hate and that you were in cahoots with him.

They can't automatically fire you just because they were offended by a sign. Unless the swastika is illegal in the US, I mean is it?

If you pay any all legal fees the company can fire anyone at anytime they want. They don't even need to justify it.

And it's the company image that they are defending, so it isn't exactly irational to fire someone due to fail to report an ethic missconduct.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

DonFerrari said:
SkepticallyMinded said:

Virtually all speech no matter how much it upsets you is protected under the 1st amendment. The only time it is not is when it is likely to incite imminent lawless actions. If I walk into the ghetto and start calling people the N word, it's likely to incite imminent lawless action in the form of retalliation via fist to my face. Under this circumstance my speech would not be protected. 

Never even mentioned termination or whether it was justified so I've no idea why you've insinuated I have. Time to collect yourself, you're losing it.

The topic is about the termination so if you weren't even smallest interested in dicussing you shouldn't even entered the thread.

And about the crime or not, unless you are a lawyer or judge I won't put much weight on your opinion of how much it could be or not interpreted as a crime since it seems quite a bit of american citizen in this thread would budge to the hate speech crime in this. The symbol itself is a recolection of violence.

Hate speech isn't a crime. These are facts, I contested your claim that it is a crime. Not my fault you're ignorant about US law. Keep attempting to change the subject so you can attempt to save face though.

:) :) :)



Around the Network
numberwang said:
How much does one earn per hour working at Walmart? Is above min. wage? Did you have a career path for you?

 

Well I was an Assistant Manager. 60,000 plus a year.

    The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

Then it sucks big time... sorry to hear.